Plane Choice Kickstarter Backers.

Llucmk

Greetings ED.

I've been asking my self a lot of times when you give the keys of the flyable planes from kickstarter backers, what kind of key would be?

With this i want to talk about Steam... I am a user from steam, i have a lot of games and sims there in my account and almost all the DCS modules except the P-51D i bought a long time ago from your official website. So since i use more steam i you released DCS: World for steam, i want to know if the planes you will give to Kickstarter backers will be mixed keys like before. Because the keys from your website are no more compatible with steam. But the keys from steam are...

So as a Steam User, i would like to take my key for Steam. How will you do this?

I think i'm not the only one who wants the module on steam.

I don't know for sure (I will try to find out), but I unfortunately do not think that it will be Steam-compatible keys. Steam integration of keys from non-Steam sources were not stopped because we wanted to stop it, it is about them causing a major hazzle for Valve staffers. (They require manual integration into the Steam database.)

However, do note that you can have automatic updates with our distribution as well, and by adding the simulator as a "non-steam" game on your Steam library, you will still retain Steam Overlay and the associated features.

That said, I'll try to get a solid answer for you, if one exists.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I don't know for sure (I will try to find out), but I unfortunately do not think that it will be Steam-compatible keys. Steam integration of keys from non-Steam sources were not stopped because we wanted to stop it, it is about them causing a major hazzle for Valve staffers. (They require manual integration into the Steam database.)

However, do note that you can have automatic updates with our distribution as well, and by adding the simulator as a "non-steam" game on your Steam library, you will still retain Steam Overlay and the associated features.

That said, I'll try to get a solid answer for you, if one exists.

Obviusly i'm looking forward to see the those keys compatible with steam. It would be not a problem if i have to use non-steam version. But i think i'm not the only one who wants everything on the same client and the Steam Advantages.

Hi Llucmk,

Unfortunately, just like with purchases, from this point on all keys supplied here will not be accepted by the Steam system. This is because Valve has to take extra measures, manually, to accept them in their system, and this is not practical for them to do. For this reason, the keys alloted through the backer program will not be accepted by Steam.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hi Llucmk,

Unfortunately, just like with purchases, from this point on all keys supplied here will not be accepted by the Steam system. This is because Valve has to take extra measures, manually, to accept them in their system, and this is not practical for them to do. For this reason, the keys alloted through the backer program will not be accepted by Steam.

Ok, thank you.