Meteor Project

jb1974

Hi guys, i am working on a 3ds max aircraft project that i would like to use for dcs and am wondering how i would go about this would i have to approach eagle dynamics or is it possible to do it with what is publicly available to make it fully functional. The aircraft is a gloster meteor f3, if it is possible to get it into dcs and if anyone interested i will post some screenshots.

Thanks

ext10.thumb.jpg.9a0ccfed482fb7fd5afff71431c485a1.jpg

ext11.thumb.jpg.64c0b67d1c4067d49671689327dc6912.jpg

ext12.thumb.jpg.b77d06855d8220d595e89c25b5aef78f.jpg

Edited by jb1974

The LUA API is more than enough to create a flyable mod with great complexity.

Study the tutorials and guides posted in this section.

Unless you want to create a full-fledged DCS level module (and that will certainly require high-level programming knowledge) -- in which case you need to assemble a team and prove to ED/TFC that you are capable of doing so.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hi guys, i am working on a 3ds max aircraft project that i would like to use for dcs and am wondering how i would go about this would i have to approach eagle dynamics or is it possible to do it with what is publicly available to make it fully functional. The aircraft is a gloster meteor f3, if it is possible to get it into dcs and if anyone interested i will post some screenshots.

Thanks

As Silver Dragon said if you want to do it as a public mod then you can do it with an SFM as its a jet, if it was a prop aircraft then the public SFM is a problem as props dont work with it correctly.

If you want to discuss with me about the idea of doing a more detailed project then drop me a pm and we can chat :)

But there is no reason you couldnt do a simple mod yourself without too much effort :)

Pman

Thanks by put the Pic, jb1974, The Meteor look fantastic ;)

Edit: if you have to make a doing a more detailed project, surely that can help you:

http://www.flight-manuals.com/ap2210c-vol1.html

Meteor F.8 have a good actuation on Korean conflict on Ground support role. Other meteor version participate on the Arab-Israel Wars.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Thanks guys, i now feel as though i have a worthwhile reason to finish it, my intention is also to do an fmk8 so if all goes well with this i cant see any reason not to do one although the cockpit is completely different to the f3 and f4. pman that is definately something i would be interested in so will start getting it into a more finished state. The skin is just basic at the moment to get the panel lines and rivets etc in the right places and some bits still need mapping

ggs.thumb.jpg.3177e12f8c61044a4f20182b90a808e1.jpg

ext13.thumb.jpg.20aefc864a562528d54e197c465e73d0.jpg

ext14.thumb.jpg.d2f2c4b900a18a6f7b3f8304e2c76acf.jpg

Edited by jb1974
  • Like 1

Aaah i'd love a meteor in DCS. Going head to head with the 262 and seeing if the few advantages of the meteor were enough to give it a way to beat the more advanced, faster aircraft. Or if the 262 was as superior as many believe.

Great model! This would be a fantastic match for the 262. I'd be interested in helping out on your team and learning what does into DCS planes. Don't have previous DCS module experience but I have an engineering degree and am proficient with programming and logic.

I will keep working on it and keep you guys updated, thanks for the offers of assistance. Silver dragon i cant seem to change the post name. pman has kindly offered to discuss the project so watch this space.

I will keep working on it and keep you guys updated, thanks for the offers of assistance. Silver dragon i cant seem to change the post name. pman has kindly offered to discuss the project so watch this space.

what would you like it changed to?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Silver dragon suggested meteor project but i could start a new thread for any future updates.

yeah, ask SkateZilla to change the thread title to "Meteor Project", so you will able to keep all of your (Meteor) posts here in this topic

and/or move the whole thread to Mods and Apps/3D Modeling subforum

by the way: good looking model :thumbup:, and have you ever used this model in any other simulators ? maybe in sfs ? (strike fighters series)

sign-pic4.jpg

I see you change the name to 3rd Party. If has a "official" 3rd Party, expected new team on the table or colaboration?

That was my fault, was being too specific.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Nice work.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 2 weeks later...