Notices

Old 05-30-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 12
Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice
Default Q&A Spitfire Mk XIV

Welcome to the Questions and Answers thread for the VEAO Supermarine Spitfire MK XIV.

In this thread feel free to ask any questions you have regarding this module and myself and the rest of the VEAO team will do our best to answer them as best we can.

To cover a few commonly asked questions from the warbirds thread :

• No ETA yet
• The Spitfire as with the other modules will be EFM to PFM standards
• Full ASM
• We will be doing the low back version with clipped wings.

If you guys have any questions for us then this is the place for you!

I can’t promise that we will answer all of them (usual NDA stuff applies etc etc) but we will certainly try!

Keep an eye out for the Eye Candy thread and the Dev Diary not only for this aircraft but for the other warbirds as well!

All the best

Pman

I7 4790k, 16gb RAM, 2 x EVGA 780ti SLI, 1 x 32" 1440p Screen plus stuff...Warthog, Track IR5 and more!

Virtual Horsemen Right Wing Pilot
Great Warbirds Historic Flight

Pman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:20 AM   #2
Yob

Reputation power: 3
Yob is on a distinguished roadYob is on a distinguished road

May i ask a humble question Pman...

Here she goes.

The Spitfire Mk 14 was equipped with 2 types of wings the C and the E. What wing do you plan to have in the Mk 14?
Yob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:34 AM   #3
LcSummers

Reputation power: 9
LcSummers is just really niceLcSummers is just really niceLcSummers is just really niceLcSummers is just really niceLcSummers is just really niceLcSummers is just really niceLcSummers is just really niceLcSummers is just really nice

Look here

We will be doing the low back version with clipped wings.

I asked this question too
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:57 AM   #4
Paradox

Reputation power: 6
Paradox has a spectacular aura aboutParadox has a spectacular aura aboutParadox has a spectacular aura aboutParadox has a spectacular aura aboutParadox has a spectacular aura aboutParadox has a spectacular aura about

yeah but clipped versions of the C and E wings existed, the difference is internal structure support for different armaments.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:39 AM   #5
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
yeah but clipped versions of the C and E wings existed, the difference is internal structure support for different armaments.
A final decision has yet to be made on this. The actual structural support is the same just the internal layout is different.

It will prob be a E type though.

Pman

I7 4790k, 16gb RAM, 2 x EVGA 780ti SLI, 1 x 32" 1440p Screen plus stuff...Warthog, Track IR5 and more!

Old 05-31-2014, 09:50 AM   #6
Mr_Burns

Mr_Burns is just really niceMr_Burns is just really niceMr_Burns is just really niceMr_Burns is just really niceMr_Burns is just really niceMr_Burns is just really niceMr_Burns is just really niceMr_Burns is just really nice

Is there really still NDA type arrangements for the Spitfire and who owns the IP??
Mr_Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:55 AM   #7
Paradox

Reputation power: 6
Paradox has a spectacular aura aboutParadox has a spectacular aura aboutParadox has a spectacular aura aboutParadox has a spectacular aura aboutParadox has a spectacular aura aboutParadox has a spectacular aura about

"Support" in the sense that the E wing "supports" different weapon configurations to the C wing. I don't mean the struts and frames inside the wing.

Not wanting to open the high octane and balance can of worms; which fuel will be implemented for the Griffon 61 engine? Or to phrase it another way, what will the maximum manifold pressure be?
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:03 AM   #8
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
"Support" in the sense that the E wing "supports" different weapon configurations to the C wing. I don't mean the struts and frames inside the wing.

Not wanting to open the high octane and balance can of worms; which fuel will be implemented for the Griffon 61 engine? Or to phrase it another way, what will the maximum manifold pressure be?
That has yet to be written yet but it will be periodical

Pman

Old 05-31-2014, 10:04 AM   #9
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Burns View Post
Is there really still NDA type arrangements for the Spitfire and who owns the IP??
The NDA doesnt necessarily apply to Supermarine, we have things we have to consider as does every 3rd party

Pman

Old 06-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #10
Mogster

Reputation power: 9
Mogster will become famous soon enoughMogster will become famous soon enoughMogster will become famous soon enoughMogster will become famous soon enough

Clipped wings variant? Why?

At the very least can't we have both?
Mogster is offline   Reply With Quote