Notices

Old 05-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
baltic_dragon

Reputation power: 10
baltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nice
Default A10C campaign: The Enemy Within

This is a 7-mission, story driven campaign taking place in 2015 in Georgia. A squad of A10s is sent to Kobuleti by NATO in order to help the Georgian government tackle the rising terrorist threat..

THE STORY SO FAR

Fall 2014

Georgia is granted NATO Membership Action Plan at the summit in Wales.

November 2014

Russian Ambassador to NATO, Aleksandr Grushko, warns that any expansion of the Alliance to the East will be seen as a direct threat to Russia.

Suicide bomber kills 45 people and wounds 112 during a concert in Freedom Square in Tblisi. A previously unknown organisation calling itself 'Caucaus Liberation Army (CLA)' claims responsibility for the attack.

December 2014

Two bombs explode during a friendly football match between Georgia and Armenia in Tblisi, attended by the presidents of both nations. 24 people are killed, at least 50 wounded. CLA warns that this is just the beginning of their campaign, though refuses to state its goals.

January 2015

Russia strengthens its forces in North Caucasus in response to the "imminent terrorist threat", claiming links between CLA and the Caucasus Emirate.

A few rockets are shot at Georgian military base in the north of the country. 3 soldiers are wounded.

February 2015

Another two CLA attacks claim lives of 25 people. Georgian authorities ask NATO for assistance.

March 2015

Georgian Mi8 is shot down in the mountains north of Tblisi. Georgian military claims that the terrorists are establishing bases near the border with Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Border Police arrests more than 100 illegal immigrants trying to enter the country from Azerbaijan, Russia and Armenia, some of them of Lebanese origin, many carrying weapons and explosives.

Without official NATO decision being taken, US President decides to support the Georgians with the squadron of A10C's from the 74th Flying Tigers. 8 planes are scheduled to land in Kobuleti Airbase on March 29th.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Spoiler:
This is the first stage of a longer campaign, where player lands in Georgia as a part of small US Airforce detachment. The campaign is focused on realism and does not involve huge air or land battles - the main enemy being lightly armed terrorists and insurgents. However it offers 7 varied missions with a continuous storyline and evolving situation.

The difficulty level is not high and this part of the campaign is linear (with exception of one mission). It is not about very intense combat, as the main threat (at this stage, at least) are terrorists and insurgents - but can be challenging at times.

NOTE: as part of realism setting, I am using "radio transmit" instead of "message to.." system within the missions. The difference is that unless you don't have your radio tuned in to correct frequency (and you are in range, which is important in some of the missions), you won't hear your orders!

I've used text-to-speech program for all the messages, but the final result is much better than one can expect from this kind of program. Check for yourselves!

Please report any questions / issues / bugs here or via PM.

Also, should after playing you would be interested with preparing a second part of the campaign (by play-testing some of the missions), let me know!

Hope you like it. Enjoy!

LINK TO THE FILE (version 1.21)
RalfiDude's MOVIE from one of the missions

Last edited by baltic_dragon; 07-30-2014 at 12:57 PM.
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:52 PM   #3
baltic_dragon

baltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nicebaltic_dragon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre-TLA View Post
Looks like a good campaign!

You should post it to the User Files Section.
I have, waiting for it to be approved by the moderator

THE ENEMY WITHIN DLC - realistic single player campaign for A-10C with 21 missions, more than 670 voiceovers, 80 pages of briefings. Vote now which missions you would like to see in MP!
M-2000C OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN TRAILERS - a series of teasers for the upcoming RAZBAMs M2000C campaign
Old 05-25-2014, 03:10 AM   #4
Tetra

Tetra is a jewel in the roughTetra is a jewel in the roughTetra is a jewel in the roughTetra is a jewel in the roughTetra is a jewel in the roughTetra is a jewel in the roughTetra is a jewel in the rough

Sounds great, Will give this a go for sure, thanks
Tetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:42 AM   #5
tintifaxl

Reputation power: 11
tintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the rough

This could bring me back to the Hog! Thanks for your efforts
Old 05-29-2014, 04:03 PM   #6
bdlarkin

Reputation power: 0
bdlarkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nice job

I haven't played it yet, but took a look through the ME...

Nice campaign. No spoliers, but some of my own thoughts for your next update if any.

I'd add some RU flights/SAM sites to the first couple of missions on their side of the border/international limits. You have to figure that they would be interested in showing the flag just as much as the blue side. Even if on a "low key" aspect. If they can force the Blue side off their game all the better.

To a Hog pilot, the constant chirping in their ear of search radars will be an added touch of realism. "What have they gotten me into..."

I'd also add some static C-130/C17 birds on the tarmac at Kobuleti. 8 A-10C's are going to need some maintenance personnel, engines, weapons, etc.

Nice job.
bdlarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:08 PM   #7
baltic_dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlarkin View Post
I haven't played it yet, but took a look through the ME...

Nice campaign. No spoliers, but some of my own thoughts for your next update if any.

I'd add some RU flights/SAM sites to the first couple of missions on their side of the border/international limits. You have to figure that they would be interested in showing the flag just as much as the blue side. Even if on a "low key" aspect. If they can force the Blue side off their game all the better.

To a Hog pilot, the constant chirping in their ear of search radars will be an added touch of realism. "What have they gotten me into..."

I'd also add some static C-130/C17 birds on the tarmac at Kobuleti. 8 A-10C's are going to need some maintenance personnel, engines, weapons, etc.

Nice job.
Thanks bdlarkin!

In the first mission, there are some C-130s which brought the personnel and equipment, they also appear in later missions as more assets are coming from home. But perhaps I should make the airport more alive before each combat sortie

As for the RU flights / SAMs, it works exactly as you've described in one of the later missions (6th I believe).. since Russia is not officially involved in the conflict (don't want to spoil anything, so I'd only say - at this stage at least, but everything is nicely explained in the briefings) it is not that important in the first missions. But I like your way of thinking and I will use this more in the second part of the campaign (working on it as we speak).

Let me know what you think once you play it through!

THE ENEMY WITHIN DLC - realistic single player campaign for A-10C with 21 missions, more than 670 voiceovers, 80 pages of briefings. Vote now which missions you would like to see in MP!
M-2000C OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN TRAILERS - a series of teasers for the upcoming RAZBAMs M2000C campaign
Old 05-30-2014, 09:18 AM   #8
ralfidude

Reputation power: 27
ralfidude is a name known to allralfidude is a name known to allralfidude is a name known to allralfidude is a name known to allralfidude is a name known to allralfidude is a name known to allralfidude is a name known to allralfidude is a name known to allralfidude is a name known to allralfidude is a name known to allralfidude is a name known to all

Ok, here is my take on one of the missions. I could never get it to complete beyond JTAC telling me I'm hot shit and my presence is all but too much for a peasant such as him but whatever, I got the gist of it.

http://youtu.be/Rx9fqllq1jo
Old 05-30-2014, 01:56 PM   #9
Slipp

Reputation power: 4
Slipp will become famous soon enoughSlipp will become famous soon enoughSlipp will become famous soon enoughSlipp will become famous soon enough

Enjoying this one very much.
Thanks for your work.

By the way, which text-to-speech program did you use?
Seems really good.
Slipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #10
baltic_dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfidude View Post
Ok, here is my take on one of the missions. I could never get it to complete beyond JTAC telling me I'm hot shit and my presence is all but too much for a peasant such as him but whatever, I got the gist of it.

http://youtu.be/Rx9fqllq1jo
Awesome video! I have to admit, when testing it I dived so hard into action only once... and it didn't end too well Great choice of music, too. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipp View Post
Enjoying this one very much.
Thanks for your work.

By the way, which text-to-speech program did you use?
Seems really good.
I used two, for player and wingmen I've used Oddcast, for Overlord and some ground forces - Ivona. The key here is to adapt the dialogues to the way the program reads, and not always make him read what you want. So I ended up re-writing parts of dialogues for the sake of them sounding better. For instance, both programmes hate pronouncing word "Georgian" for some reason...

Tags
campaign