Gori Valley

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not realize that there is a new update of dcs world. I had to update the server. Does the server work now? Upgraded to version 1.2.14.36041. Pls verbose because cannot test at this moment.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

if i got this right, theres some framework/scripts we need to install first - and it will be released once the map is finished.

ill keep on trying & checking back here

just tried - still crashing

Edited by tob.s

if i got this right, theres some framework/scripts we need to install first - and it will be released once the map is finished.

ill keep on trying & checking back here

just tried - still crashing

On which version are you running?

[/TABLE]

See post with error escalation here.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=138072

Sv.

[/TABLE]

Please try to revert your client to the earlier dcs version.

You can do this by opening a command prompt and browsing to c:\program files\eagle dynamics\dcs world\bin

Execute in the bin directory the following command:

DCS_UPDATER UPDATE 1.2.14.35734

Now the previous version of dcs will be installed. Try to logon back into the server and it will work.

Latest patch 36041 is corrupt.

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

Thanks - it works now

Hi,

thanks for your help.

i just downgraded to 1.2.14.35734 and everything works fine now.

Took out one complete patriot site at wp3 and disabled the one at wp4 - the other one was already down when i joined the server.

For now, Its very easy to take out these patriots if u head for wp3 directly from the start and stay by the hills. I could reach the wp3 patriot only running into one manpad - later, while approaching wp4, some bandits ( f16?) got me. So i would suggest to add some tanks & airdefense between the villages on this screenshot.

20785947tw.jpg

greetings

tobs

edit --- just had anouther run and there where a lot of people trying to join the server, but then leaving some secounds later (crashing i guess) - you might wanna add "use Version 1.2.14.35734" to the servers name / mission description----

Edited by tob.s

Hello everybody,

I've seen many people this weekend trying to log into the Gori Valley mission on the DCS Belgium server.

Unfortunately, due to an unfortunate bug introduced in the latest patch of DCS (version 1.2.14.36041), your client DCS application will crash when you log into the DCS Belgium server. The root cause of the problem seems to be that groups that were dynamically spawned within the mission, let your client application crash.

You can remedy the crashes by reverting back to version 1.2.14.35734.

You can do this by opening a command prompt and browsing to c:\program files\eagle dynamics\dcs world\bin

Execute in the bin directory the following command:

DCS_UPDATER UPDATE 1.2.14.35734

Now the previous version of dcs will be installed. Try to logon back into the server and it will work.

You can expect similar issues on other servers also. Especially those that dynamically spawn groups... So the above will also remedy the problems on other servers...

I appologize for the incovienience and let us hope that the DCS development team will fix this issue quickly by releasing a revised or new patch.

kind regards,

Sven

[/TABLE]

Shutting down the server. I'll make the improvements suggested by tobbs during the week. Until a patch is received there is no use to keep running it.

Sv.

[/TABLE]

I've put the server back online, with a clear warning msg in the beginning of the briefing that you can only run this mission with a DCS installation version 1.2.14.35734.

Also, for tob.s and other excellent KA-50 pilots...

Trying now to reach those partiots this time is going to be a little harder for you :-)

[/TABLE]

• 5 weeks later...

The bug with the addGroup() method has now been fixed in 1.2.15 in beta. You can find the DCS Server Belgium back online, in beta only for the moment.

Friday the 1.2.15 is expected to be released.

[/TABLE]

I have been optimizing the mission scripting (MOOSE) during the time when the addGroup bug was there in January. And guess what, some of the logic i wrote was working, but found an error within the repawing logic and other little errors... So i had to shut down the server yesterday.

Today i've been debugging the code and checking the mission to where i could.

As a result:

- checked and fixed: pickup and deploy troops works (again). There was also a bug in there...

- checked: fire kh-58 and kh-25MPU to SAMS. The SAMs nicely shut down their raders when fired upon. Working.

- checked and fixed: after the deployment of a troop near a radar, the radar installation did not activate. This is also fixed now.

- checked and fixed: CLEANUP class is fixed. Some airbases are constantly monitored for unwanted crashes to keep the airbase clean and keep clutter away.

- checked and fixed: Players can only receive score when they hit a unit with a weapon. Just flying into a unit should not give a scrore on the hit event. Still need to fix the same for the DEAD events... (Is a bit more difficult).

Thanks for playing and i hope you like this mission as you did before. Note that the mission has been optimized taking the feedback from tobs and other friends trying it out and advising their optmizations.

As a result, the mountains on the south near Gori valley are full with blue armor. KA-50s need to be aware!

Happy flying!

Sven

[/TABLE]

Version 2015-03-05.189

Added stuff for FC3 players (F-15, Su-27, MIG-29, ...)

- Added spawning of Russian MIG-31 for USA and Belgian plane interception.

- Added spawning of USA Tomcats F-14A for Russian plane interception coming from the North.

- Added spawning of Russian Su-24M, which is continuously bombing Gori strategic targets.

This upon request from a player at the mission, who wanted more AI...

Sven

[/TABLE]

Hey Sven,

Thanks so much for all the effort you put into this, it worked out AWESOME!!!!

One of the BEST missions I've seen out there, a lot of action everywhere due to the spawning of new units, loads of airplanes and choppers, radio chatter and a wingman on your side!

So come on guys, get your planes up in the air and join the fun, you won't regret it!! :thumbup:

Best regards,

James, The Netherlands.

http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

• 8 months later...

Hi Seba, just to confirm, you did not find the ka-50's both on Red and Blue? Strange, because there are ka-50s on both sides.

Concerning the download, I've been updating the mission. When I have more time today I will upload it to my GitHub and I'll communicate the link. Note that the mission is made with the MOOSE framework. So if you want to run the mission or host it, you'll have to install the framework first on your DCS world server.

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

Updated Gori Valley to DCS World 1.5.1

All,

I updated Gori Valley to be compatible with DCS WORLD version 1.5.1. You can download it for free at GITHUB. Find the mission information on the first post of this thread, as well as the download links:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2070365#post2070365

Have fun!

Sven

[/TABLE]

Yep. Lots of things to explore. Try to pickup troops and deploy near the patriot sites. They will be activated and fireworks will start ☺

[/TABLE]

Hello HiJack. Happy to improve things. It is for a multiplayer scene. I had this all listed in previous version.

[/TABLE]