new Huey campaign

wolle

EDITED May 19

I have released the campaign on "User Files"

EDITED May 10

Hi guys,

I attached the second version of an 11 mission Huey campaign I put together. The second version is a result of me having flown through the whole campaign for the purpose of bug hunting. I hope I found eliminated most bugs, and didn't introduce any new ones:music_whistling:

Changes include

numerous bug fixes and adjustments

I fleshed out story line a little

additional mission messages help the player understand what his/her task is

included mission screen shots in the briefing images

Campaign includes:

- simple weapons training

- employing Huey as fire fighter

- flight qualification test

- troop insertion by fast rope technique

- low visibility flying

- dropping sling load on speeding ship

- airmobile assault mission

- CSAR mission

- strafing of a truck convoy

- inserting MANPADs unit into strategic front line location

- complex final mission

How to install. Unzip file into the same file location as Belsimtek's UN pilot campaign (on my computer "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Missions\EN\Campaigns"). Then you should be able to fly the campaign the same way as you fly the UN pilot campaign.

Edited by wolle
updated mission/campaign files
  • Like 8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Wolle,

Do these make it to the user file section on DCS? Thanks for all the hard work!

hsb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Wolle,

Do these make it to the user file section on DCS? Thanks for all the hard work!

hsb

That's the plan, once the bugs are ironed out...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Thanks for sharing. I was curious how is fast roping achieved ?

Real fast roping is currently not possible in DCS. Therefore I implemented it as an approximation as follows: you need to hover over the point where you want to fast rope your troops. Then every 2 seconds you are in a stable hover within 10 m of the drop point, one soldier will be dynamically created by the script at that location.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just tried the first mission and here's what I noticed:

There is a typo in the final message that tells you to return to the airfield.

Also , it would make more sense to use feet instead of meters for altitude since thats what the hueys instruments use.

I just tried the first mission and here's what I noticed:

There is a typo in the final message that tells you to return to the airfield.

Also , it would make more sense to use feet instead of meters for altitude since thats what the hueys instruments use.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the feedback. I made the changes to the first mission you recommend (attached).

Also, I played through missions 1 through 3 myself tonight. In mission 2 I downsampled the sound file to reduce file size (attached).

Mission 3 had several booboos in it. The new mission I attached should be more playable and have fewer bugs. Simply replace the files in the directory with the campaign missions with the attached files.

More corrections surely to come...

Weapons Training.miz

Liquidator.miz

Qualification Flight.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wolle is it possible to play a single mission (qual. flight) and install into missions instead of cam. ?

Hi, should work..the cam File just tells DCS in what order the missions have to be..afaik:huh:

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Wolle is it possible to play a single mission (qual. flight) and install into missions instead of cam. ?

You can do that by playing a normal Mission, and then, when you are in the overview of the different Missiontypes ("Quickstart" etc) go to Campaign and there should be the different campaign missions.

hope you understand it ^^ im at Work atm... so i cant look what it is exactly :D

Does the slingload onto a moving ship actually work now?

No, the sling load you drop will fall through the ship, but in the mission that counts as having successfully delivered it to the ship...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

Yes that's possible. What I do is simply load the mission into the mission editor (navigating to the directory that contains the campaign file plus all the individual mission files), and then press the fly button.

Also, please note that the qual flight mission had some bugs in it, use the revised version I attached to the posting just prior to your post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I love you man!!! will test and report back *itchy*

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

thanks buddy nice work...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I attached to the posting just prior to your post.

Hi wolle, great work, but it would make more sense if you keep updating the first post with new mission versions..so that nobody misses anything:)

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..