BAD Memory leak in 1.2.8 ..... Dont update if...

OGREMAN

My opinion..... Recent testing by shrek sqn clearly indicates that there is a serious memory leak that will cause multiplayer sessions to become unplayable after around 1hour ....

So if you wish to update to 1.2.8 and enjoy the benefits of the patch;-

• underslung loads for the UH1H
  • improved graphics cockpit graphics for several aircraft

then be aware that the multiplayer has many stability problems at this point which are most noticeable with larger missions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well,, my last MP Session was 5 hours and 56 minutes.

Check the Change Logs for Release to see if it was fixed.

The only issue I know if is the Static Object Count Causing low FPS, I however; haven't experienced this issue. So I cant say if it's been fixed or anything.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I think this issue was reported and maybe it is fixed in the finale release?

(perhaps devs/testers can confirm?)

We live in hope mate :-) ...... but my guys were flying in 1.2.8 just a matter of 6hrs ago and the mission ground to a halt around 1hour in .... giving all the indications of a progressive memory leak causing server frames to drop through the floor and progressive de-sync for clients.

Furthermore ..... we (shrek sqn) have been testing the 1.2.8 beta since the beginning and what has happened is that this latest patch has been released to both the "public beta" and main public at the same time leaving no opportunity to test this patch for use. SO we live in hope ....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

panic-button.jpg

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Okay well I'll run a mission without my pause when empty and see if I can record the data sets like we did during the 127 leak. Sith posted good instructions on how to do so but I don't have time to hunt it down right now. Should jog a few memories... If someone can dig it up please post. Perhaps we can help the testers get ahead of this one if it's actually a bug.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Omg. We have a 32 players LAN starting in 2 days and we all upgraded to 1.2.8....

Yes, I don't how we could make this 4-days LAN if we cannot play for more than 1 hour... I think we will start by reinstalling +30 PC in 1.2.7 tomorrow evening.... :doh::huh:

@BadCrc do not forget your 1.2.7 installers... I will bring back older LotAtc release...

I flew a mission in the 104th a few days ago for close to 5 hours in one sortie, and have yet to experience a serious crash - also with 1.2.8 i am finally able to totally disable virtual memory again with my 8gb RAM without a low memory warning from Windows (last version i was able to do this with was 1.2.4)

It may be a case where a memory leak is caused only in specific missions with specific units/scripting/advanced waypoint actions etc. So if you can confirm a mission is giving you a memory leak then please attach the 'leaky' mission to your post so that ED & testers can use it in a testing session and find out the root cause. Thanks.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

I flew a mission in the 104th a few days ago for close to 5 hours in one sortie, and have yet to experience a serious crash - also with 1.2.8 i am finally able to totally disable virtual memory again with my 8gb RAM without a low memory warning from Windows (last version i was able to do this with was 1.2.4)

But 1.2.8 just came out yesterday, you flew the beta on the 104th for 5 hours then?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

But 1.2.8 just came out yesterday, you flew the beta on the 104th for 5 hours then?

During the open beta 1.2.8 which the 104th has been hosting for weeks, the release version is similar to the beta with a 'release' tag.

Edited by Mustang

they are almost identical versions.

What are the differences then? The version number is now the same for both after applying the latest update to rc3. I'm asking because my beta installation doesn't want to switch to release, i.e. running "dcs_updater.exe update release:1.2.8.27203" does nothing :helpsmilie:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I tooled around with the same flight open close to six hours last evening off and on (would RTB and just let stuff do their thing, then come back) and didn't have any real variance in resources.

Not saying there's not a leak, I just haven't borne witness.

Noticed fps is unstable in 1.2.8. Feels like its all over the place even in single player. In some instances I'll crater down to 30s. Reverted back to 1.2.7 and wont dip below 60.

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

Not worried however. I'm sure it will all be resolved soon. Hats off to ED for the hard work and great content.

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware