1 * MiG-29S "Fulcrum"

2 * F-15C "Eagle"

4 * KA-50 "Black Shark"

2 * Mi-8MTV2 "Hip"

2 * UH-1H "Huey"

4 * Observer Slots

2 * Tactical Commander

2 * JTAC

As Russia withdrew from South Ossetia due to political pressure Georgian and American forces launched a successful invasion of Abkhazia and are now looking to punch through the defenses on the north Georgian border and over run the town of Cherkessk. Operation Perched Eagle 1630 contains UNLIMITED tasks in a PVP or pure COOP battlescape. Use the radio (F10 sub menu) to view tasks for your coalition and complete them to earn rewards!

sorry, still no troop transport implemented but will be included with the next update!

opeagle.jpg.94981ecc016841a527bf6803c048bf54.jpg

CA_map.jpg.0097248a21d3f80b33f3b012d533fc63.jpg

Edited by =LFC=Chameleon_Silk
Updated to 2.08 WIP

Su-25T are also available.

what exactly do you think a tankovy is. :pilotfly:

also everyone i know has been playing this since feburary its been a long time comming to get it to this point, if you have feedback feel free to leave your opinions and remarks about it or things you would like to see added.

Never played or seen that mission.

Terms "Tankovy" = Su-25T or "Grach" = Su-25clean was unkown to me.

Download link = Error 404 File not found

I can not figure out very much with the sentence "- Dynamic bullseye calls VIA MIST 3.3 for blue tasks"

I dislike that the cover picture reveals ground positions (friend and foe).

With some knowledge it is even possible to figure out what kind of threat it is.

Prefer non childish missions: means 3rd person view OFF and with "fog of war"-inaccuracies.

Edited by xentxo

Never played or seen that mission.

Terms "Tankovy" = Su-25T or "Grach" = Su-25clean was unkown to me.

Download link = Error 404 File not found

I can not figure out very much with the sentence "- Dynamic bullseye calls VIA MIST 3.3 for blue tasks"

I dislike that the cover picture reveals ground positions (friend and foe).

With some knowledge it is even possible to figure out what kind of threat it is.

Prefer non childish missions: means 3rd person view OFF and with "fog of war"-inaccuracies.

Yea me to man, except I am even more hardcore and dislike even fog of war on, i have everything disabled and map only... but i have let the player / server decide what to set it as since I've released the map... in otherwords not locked it to any setting and it goes off player / server setting.

You would never find a target using the cover picture so that point is not really a very good one, at any given time most those units aren't even present as there is over 100 secondary tasks and the frontline is never the same.

Dynamic bullseye calls mean that you get new information from the task system when a target is moving using MIST 3.3 -- a mission developer library of sorts, its not hardcoded... nor does it use JTAC but you can request the BR at anytime using the menu. which is the only way you would find any targets if the mission was set to map only (which is the best way to play it) if your unsure of what a Bullseye reference point is its a pretty important tool that you can use to find targets.

as for the download link I have fixed it... not really sure why everyone calls the tankovy the Toad, is that the NATO designation? the SU-25 family has many different variations, the T is know as the "tankovy" because of its anti-tank role and the "grach" or the "rook" the initial variant of the frogfoot.. it bothers me that no one realizes this, there is no SU-25A and they are both just variants of the same base aircraft the frogfoot.

1.07 uploaded

1.08 released to fix some issues with 1.07B

no more broken tasks, some new tasks... this one should be untouched for sometime. Just goes to show how immature version 1.00 really was I put so much work into this since I released it -- now its time to fly it! anyone who trie/s/d it please leave a message and let me know what you thought of it.

yes for the moment being sorcer3r, i will need helo specific tasks for them to a viable option. I know people want them and maybe in future i will be able to add something for them but atm they are low priority... till 2.05B (just released) the task maker was broken more then working...

try 2.05B all other versions are garbage now... as I finally fixed the unresolved issues.

yet another update, 2.06 fixes all known issues, i verified that rewards work and the tasks start correctly, I added 15 minute interleave between a new task starting so that way people can vacate the area before having new units spawn in (potentially underneath them) this was a request from a user and think it will make it much better for any KA-50's and just generally more playable.

I played this all day and had 0 problems, so finally its solid and this time I really mean it, have fun :pilotfly: and if you run it on your server let me know so i can come join yas sometime!

1zd1wky.jpg

latest test (thanks to the like 8 players who took part) was a big success and the file has really blossomed, and now i know what parts need tuning up... it got a bit hilarious as the reward trigger kept firing at one point causing almost all the rewards to take off near the same time.

this is of version 2.09, but I'm not gonna release this version instead keep working on it till I have something really special to release -- no rush now since the basic features of the mission file are working as intended and quite playable for small groups.

• 5 months later...

This sounds awesome.

Would I mess anything up by loading it up in the editor, adding 2x Mig-21's - saving it again and then play it? I want to play this with a few friends and I prefer the mig-21 for flying and ground attack. :-)

Edit: Nevermind! I got no clue how, this is beyond my skillset hehe. No planes in the mission editor, so I guess its all scripted.. ;)

Edited by <Grizzly>

Sorry I probably should have updated this long ago.

There were a number of outstanding bugs with OPE (this miz) that were never ironed out, on top of that but the GCI script that was written by SNAFU and modified heavily by Stonehouse wasn't as matured as it is now leading to further issues.

I believe 2.16 is probably the most stable of all the versions and its the one I have left up for download. However if you wish for something with some MiG-21 intercepts try this unpublished one that is in alpha status (but playable)

https://github.com/chameleonsilk/Operation-Flagship-Scripts/releases/tag/v0.61

its the same motiff as OPE but using brand new script that I've been developing that solves many of the issues with OPE.

check the radio menu from whatever airfield you spawn at and create intercept tasks, for MiG-21 i would recommend no higher then easy difficulty... you can set spawn range and difficulty from the OPFS menu in the radio.

enjoy, feel free to post any comments you have here about the mission... unfourtanetly I cannot provide any type of support at this time for this mission given its alpha and unpublished status... hopefully within the next few weeks it will have its own thread here and an inital 1.0 release.

it actually has more task types the OPE had. anyways getting longwinded here. have fun.