Notices

Old 04-22-2014, 11:03 PM   #1
Mustang
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 354
Mustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Mustang
Default AMD Catalyst 14.4 RC1

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...dows-beta.aspx

WHQL 14.4 http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...Windows+7+-+64

Windows XP 14.4 WHQL http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...fessional/Home

from early tests it seems that we have a driver that finally puts the 13.9 .dll injection to rest, it would be interesting to see other users results.

edit: tests were with a HD7850 2gb in Win 7 x64.

edit: updated post with the WHQL link.

Last edited by Mustang; 05-05-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:54 PM   #2
Nopileus

Reputation power: 7
Nopileus is a jewel in the roughNopileus is a jewel in the roughNopileus is a jewel in the roughNopileus is a jewel in the roughNopileus is a jewel in the roughNopileus is a jewel in the roughNopileus is a jewel in the rough

I can confirm this, brings back a noticeable chunk of performance in both 1.2.7 and 1.2.8.

Too bad there is so many problems with the MSFFB2 in both versions. (completely unrelated to this)
Nopileus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:09 AM   #3
Mustang
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 354
Mustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant futureMustang has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Mustang

Some quick bench comparisons, 14.4 vs 13.9 atiumd64.dll

Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:52 AM   #4
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 66
SkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to SkateZilla

Odd... Seems to have updated my Chipset drivers too....

After it installed Displays in installed AHCI Serial ATA Controller (though driver date is 2006?)
Installed some other things... USB Devices all powered off, required reboot,

rebooted, windows re-installed all USB Devices, as well has Harddisk Volumes, required another reboot.

I hope AMD didnt just downgrade my driver from the Mainboard Supplier's.

Seems that my Marvel SATA3 Controller isnt listed not the ports on it..... yay.. thank you AMD.
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro

Last edited by SkateZilla; 04-23-2014 at 01:08 AM.
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:23 AM   #5
Milli

Reputation power: 11
Milli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really niceMilli is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
Odd... Seems to have updated my Chipset drivers too....

After it installed Displays in installed AHCI Serial ATA Controller (though driver date is 2006?)
Installed some other things... USB Devices all powered off, required reboot,

rebooted, windows re-installed all USB Devices, as well has Harddisk Volumes, required another reboot.

I hope AMD didnt just downgrade my driver from the Mainboard Supplier's.

Seems that my Marvel SATA3 Controller isnt listed not the ports on it..... yay.. thank you AMD.
No problem with my installation SkateZilla. It didn't touch any of the above. I installed the display driver and catalyst control panel, nothing else.

Regards,
Milli
Milli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:40 PM   #6
SkateZilla

SkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to behold

thanks, I shut down after re-installig marvel's SATA3 Drivers, so I dunno if the Sata Ports and controller will re-appear in Device manager.

I had a weird feelin the AMD Installer was gonna do this, even though I clicked through everything and it said everything AMD related (USB Drivers etc) were all up to date.

HDD Speed wasnt effected, but I prefer to have the correct drivers for my SATA controller and not the MS Generic crap.

Alot of people with MSI Cards are reporting fan control issues (prolly limited to 290/290x).

I'll boot my system back up after work today and give it a run down.

outside of a Few FPS issues, I was using the 13.9 injection due to 14.1, .2, and .3 having the rendering issues on the Map/Mission Editor and random black shadows flickering on the ground (similar to the mission editor GFX Glitches, going back to 13.9 resolved those in all 3 cases).

14.4 does bring in new Power and Fan control API, 290 and 290X should be throttling less sporadically.
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
Old 04-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #7
///Rage

Reputation power: 31
///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all///Rage is a name known to all

Big performance increase for me! Unfortunately did not bench pre and post but it feels like at least +20-25% from 13.11

www.51st.org
///Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #8
SkateZilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Rage View Post
Big performance increase for me! Unfortunately did not bench pre and post but it feels like at least +20-25% from 13.11
if you wanna bench you only need to place the DLLs from the other drive int he /Bin/ Folder.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #9
txmtb

Reputation power: 6
txmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the roughtxmtb is a jewel in the rough

Wow, something newsworthy!!

~45% increase using these! I thought I had messed up something in CCC and checked it again to make sure I was still sane.
I had to remove the FPS limit from autoexec.cfg to see the numbers as it never dropped below 30. Tested on 1.2.7 and 1.2.8 Beta using benchmark.miz

Now off to see where the gain came from.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z87 I5-4670K @4.5 Water Cooled, 16Gb Corsair Dominator, 2X EVGA 970 SSC SLI, 512Gb SSD's, 2 TB HD Raid, , TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip
txmtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #10
SkateZilla

It's weird cuz they didnt change anything in regards to DX9.

Maybe the DX11/mantle memory leak they've been trying to fix was in DX9 too.