Notices

Old 04-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #1
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 71
Ells228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ells228
Default Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

VEAO Simulations Ltd, London, 22nd April 2014.

VEAO Simulations are pleased to announce that we are in contract to develop the “DCS Warbirds Collection” for the DCS World flight simulator.

For the first iteration, the following aircraft modules are being developed:
HA-112 Hispano Buchon
Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV
F8F-Bearcat
Curtiss P-40F

All aircraft will have the External Flight Model (EFM) and Advanced Systems Modelling (ASM) to DCS fidelity standards. As with all of our modules, we will develop these aircraft to military specifications.

The modules in the collection will be released separately, as they are developed, and will be sold for $39.99 each.

We expect the first module to be ready at the end of this year (Q4 2014) with the remaining modules expected for release up to Q2 2015.

Future aircraft in the collection are being discussed, as well as terrain maps, and further details will be announced at an appropriate time.

A separate team is working on these modules which will not affect development of any current module.

We would like to thank the Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics for their continued support, as well as you, the community, for the overwhelming support you give us.

Chris and the VEAO team.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:43 AM   #2
Charly_Owl

Reputation power: 22
Charly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of light

Wow... That is just awesome news!

Correction: "ALL" these birds makes me drool already.

Last edited by Charly_Owl; 04-22-2014 at 08:12 AM.
Charly_Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:51 AM   #3
BIGNEWY
ED Testers Team / Moderator

Reputation power: 47
BIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to all

Great news Chris and team, hope VEAO continue to become a major player as a third party.

Great work
Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA Zotac GTX 980 Amp 4gb, INTEL i7 4790K ( Cooled by H100i ), 16GB DDR3 , Asus Z97-AR, x1 256gb x2 60gb x1 120gb ssd's x1 1tb sshd, TM Warthog, Saitek rudder pedals, TIR5, Trackclip pro, x1 AOC 27" 1920X1080, GAMETRIX KW-908 Jetseat
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:51 AM   #4
Sharpe

Reputation power: 6
Sharpe has a spectacular aura aboutSharpe has a spectacular aura aboutSharpe has a spectacular aura aboutSharpe has a spectacular aura aboutSharpe has a spectacular aura about

integration with DCS 1944 possible?

and as an edit: this is GREAT news!
Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:54 AM   #5
mwd2

Reputation power: 14
mwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nice

Great news.
Will the DCS Warbirds Collection also work under DCSWWII?
mwd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:58 AM   #6
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 12
Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly_Owl View Post
Wow... That is just awesome news!

Apart from the Buchon, every single one of these birds makes me drool already.
There is nothing wrong with the Buchon Great little aeroplane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
integration with DCS 1944 possible?

and as an edit: this is GREAT news!
I dont see any reason why not, the information we have is that they should be perfectly compatible.

Pman

I7 4790k, 16gb RAM, 2 x EVGA 780ti SLI, 1 x 32" 1440p Screen plus stuff...Warthog, Track IR5 and more!

Virtual Horsemen Right Wing Pilot
Great Warbirds Historic Flight

Pman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #7
Fudge

Reputation power: 3
Fudge will become famous soon enoughFudge will become famous soon enoughFudge will become famous soon enough

Saw this in PCPilot, looking forward to more WWII aircraft.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #8
Charly_Owl

Reputation power: 22
Charly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of lightCharly_Owl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
There is nothing wrong with the Buchon Great little aeroplane.

I dont see any reason why not, the information we have is that they should be perfectly compatible.

Pman
Don't worry, mate. I'm popping the champagne already.

About the Buchon: it's just a matter of personal taste. I'm in an unconditional love with British and American aircraft, that's all.

Still, I hope one of the 3rd party companies will have the balls to make us a B-17 someday.
Charly_Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:04 AM   #9
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Great news Chris and team, hope VEAO continue to become a major player as a third party.

Great work
Ty for the support mate, Its going to be a great year and we cant wait to show you guys what we have planned

Pman

I7 4790k, 16gb RAM, 2 x EVGA 780ti SLI, 1 x 32" 1440p Screen plus stuff...Warthog, Track IR5 and more!

Old 04-22-2014, 08:05 AM   #10
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly_Owl View Post
Don't worry, mate. I'm popping the champagne already.

About the Buchon: it's just a matter of personal taste. I'm in an unconditional love with British and American aircraft, that's all.

Still, I hope one of the 3rd party companies will have the balls to make us a B-17 someday.
The problem with a B-17 or the like is the sheer complexity of the aircraft, it really is an aircraft where you need live access to them to be able to pick apart its workings etc. I am not an expert on AFM coding but from what I have seen the code needed for 4 engines etc is mind boggling.

Never say never, we may move onto bombers when this initial batch is finished.

Pman