HELIOS + SIOC 1.2.7 Install sequence

Pancake

HELIOS + SIOC 1.2.7 Install sequence  

1. 1. HELIOS + SIOC 1.2.7 Install sequence

• Yes, in one shot
    • Yes, but some tweaking was needed.
    • NO :-(

This is a short explanation on how to install DCSW 1.2.7 with Helios and SIOC for home cockpits.

Some of the folder structure have changed in 1.2.7 and thats why helios doesnt work.

I will make a better tutorial later on with screenshots to make it more new user friendly.

I hope this help everyone who is upgrading his homecockpit to 1.2.7

I will apreciate some feedback about this short tutorial so I can white a better one with pictures and so.

:)

This is a short explanation on how to install DCSW 1.2.7 with Helios and SIOC for home cockpits.

I will make a better tutorial later on with screenshots to make it more "new user friendly"

Let't beging with a new fresh install of DCSW 1.2.7

1) Create " C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export " Folder

2) In this new folder: copy "Export.Lua" located at " C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\scripts "

copy "OAKES FILES"

copy "Gadroc SIOC integration script"

3) Open HELIOS. Under "3rd Party Scripts" paste this line ---> "./Config/Export/SIOCExport.lua"

4) Install DCS A10C inteface via the "SETUP DCS A-10C" button pointing to this path " C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export "

5) Create " C:\Users\Administrador\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts" Folder

6) Copy everthing inside " C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export" to " C:\Users\Administrador\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts" Folder

By now HELIOS should be working with DCSW.

7) Open SIOC, import your config file and save it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\IOCards\SIOC"

Check your EDIT.INI ( it shoud point to your sioc config file)

Copy SiocConfig.lua to " C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export\SioCConfig "

OAKES Export_0_93_beta.zip

GADROC SUPPORT SiocExport.lua.zip

Edited by Pancake

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am struggling to get Helios working with physical toggle switches. I have my commands configured, what do I need to do with regards lua files to have the physical switches working in-game?

Is it a similar process creating the export folder and copying existing files across?

Well, I'm going to take a chance, I took more than a year with the card in a drawer ...

With this I can start from scratch with the 1.28?

Greetings!

"If adventure is dangerous, try the routine. It is deadly."

Paulo Coelho.

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I'm trying to get working the Opencockpits MCP with DCS World, so I guess I don't need anything related with HELIOS. Anyway, I'm not able to make it working on DCS World 1.2.10 following the mentioned steps (I tried it without HELIOS steps and with them), but no way.

The point is that I got it working with DCS A10C standalone, using only the OAKES files and changing the specific files, but I can't make it works on DCS World.

There is a thing that I don't understand. Following HELIOS step number 3 and 4, when I press the "Setup DCS A-10C" button, I notice that the folder c:\Users\MyUser\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\ is automatically created with an Export.lua file inside it. Then the step 6 indicates to copy everything on folder C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export to folder c:\Users\MyUser\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\. I understand that this will overwrite the Export.lua file created from HELIOS. Does it make sense?

Am I missing anything? I'm really stuck on it

Thanks in advance and regards.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...