The Valley - A-10C Version [SP Campaign]

This is the A-10A Campaign (available in FC 3 and A-10A Module) converted to use A-10C.

Original description:

Enemy forces have occupied the Ozurgeti valley in southwest Georgia after a quick and bloody occupation invasion. Friendly forces at company strength are now stationed south of Kobuleti and will push north and then east to push the enemy forces out of the valley to the east.

Tactical air will be critical in providing both Forward Edge of Battle (FEBA) Close Air Support (CAS) and behind the FEBA interdiction strike missions.

Features:

• 10 stages long, 2 missions per stage
  • In the weeds - the sky is protected by a pair of Buk SAM, so you have to fly low.

Changes from the A-10A Version

• Ramp Start - all missions start on ramp. Other flights will be activate once you're airborne, so you can go through your start-up procedure at your own pace
  • Tors disabled – The Tor SAM systems in the last two missions were disabled because the AI SEAD is too unreliable.
  • Easy Mode – You can use the custom radio item (F10- Other) to decrease the difficulty. This will disable the Buk system behind the ridge, allowing you to fly in higher altitudes, significantly lowering the mission difficulty.

Note: I'm not the original author of this campaign and all I've done is the conversion from A-10A to A-10C

Installation:

Download the zip file and extract it to DCS Saves Folder\Missions\Campaigns\en\

The campaign should appear in campaigns under 'user' tab

Download:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/602596/

Enjoy and please report any bugs you'll find. :)

Edited by winz
  • Like 3

No campaigns appear to my user tab section inside the game, i'm copying it to the right path, and I can't see any other user campaigns, any suggestions to solve this?

I can search and play the missions separetly.

It could be that i have an spanish installation?

Thanks for the conversion!!

Edited by Kiwiknight

No campaigns appear to my user tab section inside the game,

It could be that i have an spanish installation?

Thanks for advance

Possibly, I don't know if the directory structure is different for spanish version. You could try to copy it to module folder - DCS Install folder\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Missions

and somewhere there should be a campaign folder, in EN version it's under \EN\Campaigns\

The campaign should then be visible under the A-10C tab.

All files separetly are inside: UserDocs\Juegos guardados(bcause its in spanish)\DCS\Missions\Campaigns\en

The other kind of files (the original ones and others i put) appear me as default, its only about the User Campaigns

It happens to me also with the Revenge Campaign, i've tried it now

I created a folder for each campaign or put it inside DCS Game folder, and nothing inside User campaigns

Maybe it's the wrong place to ask this, bug section

Edited by Kiwiknight

Yeah baby yeah! :thumbup: Sounds good!

Thank you Winz

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

I did what you said... :(

I even used the campaign builder, opened the camp file, saved it inside: "......Campaign\en" the 21 files where inside that folder and nothing

See it works for you all and not for me, not carpets problem i'll ask bugs section, thanks for the patience :thumbup:

Edited by Kiwiknight

Wow, yesterday I converted too that campaign to A-10C :D

My DCS installation is in Spanish.

The original campaign is in:

mods>aircraft>FC3>missions>campaigns>ES

so you can insert the new campaign there, or in:

mods>aircraft>A-10C>missions>campaigns>ES

couse now is an A-10C campaign, not FC3 anymore.

Then do it with Winz campaign and it will appear correctly in the campaigns list of your choice.

I started the campaign tonight, flew 3 missions already. The first two missions went extremely smooth, with my wingman taking out two of three primary targets, leaving one primary and one non-mission-critical target for myself (with the standard loadout of two Mavs and two JDAMs).

It's the third mission that proved rather difficult. My wingman had wasted two tanks in one attack run, but it took me ages (and lots of creative navigation) until I was able to spot the third tank which had hidden in a forest. Just as I was about to engage him with a Mav, I got a Missile Launch on the MWS -- aaarrrrgh, come on, lock target, fire, evasive... bam! Got a huge load of damage to various systems from an SA-9 (including TGP so I never would have been able to find the third tank again), but then I got the mission success message. Just glad those Mavericks are Fire&Forget. :lol:

Great fun so far! :thumbup:

valley_03_01_what_the...thumb.jpg.7ff00f188c28892d0802304b6ed146b1.jpg

valley_03_02_phew_still_alive.thumb.jpg.18da8d31736d154c46ecce6bf54e2d56.jpg

valley_03_03_landing_didnt_go_as_planned.thumb.jpg.ed00f4ebae59a343b82bf1f9702ec8e0.jpg

valley_03_04_wingman_dont_need_no_wheels.thumb.jpg.160aac1b8dd1cbef75b9619475d8788a.jpg

I just finished mission 10. I got killed once in the campaign, but since all goals had already been achieved in that mission, I still got a 100% mission success rate throughout the campaign. :)

Great job converting it, I had lots of fun! :thumbup:

Just one thing that caught my attention a couple of times: The waypoints seemed to be off by one. The briefing and the JTAC voice-over said stuff like "Attack targets at waypoint 5", but they were at waypoint 4 -- which was labeled "Target 1" nonetheless. Is there maybe a difference between A-10A and A-10C in how they number the waypoints?

Anyways, great job, thx! :)

Yeah, works great and have a lot of fun on this.

Only the Wingman i´ve manually set to excellent

but it seems to be a drop in the ocean doh.gif

Edited by Ganesh
typos

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I dont get it to work... I have tryed uploading it to C:/Users/.../Saved Games/....../Campagins, both in EN and just in c ampaign... I can see the campaign ingame when I click "Campaign". But nothing happends when I try to launch it. Same as individual missions.

I got DCS: A-10C Warthog patch 1.1.1.1

X-55 Rhino guide to configure the Mouse Nipple to work as TDC slew!

My rig

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

R9 270x 2GB

SSD

Win 8.1 Pro

I dont get it to work... I have tryed uploading it to C:/Users/.../Saved Games/....../Campagins, both in EN and just in c ampaign... I can see the campaign ingame when I click "Campaign". But nothing happends when I try to launch it. Same as individual missions.

I got DCS: A-10C Warthog patch 1.1.1.1

Your version is most probably not compatible with the campaign.

1.1.1.1 was the last stand-alone version of A-10C. After that, "DCS World" was introduced and A-10C is now a module for DCS World.

Your key for A-10C is also valid for DCS World. As long as your PC meets the requirements (most importantly: 64 bit Windows!), you can go ahead and download and install DCS World and the A-10C module from the DCS site and then use your A-10C key to activate the Warthog module. :thumbup:

I don't think there's an easy way to make the campaign compatible with A-10C 1.1.1.1 because too many things changed in the meantime.

Your version is most probably not compatible with the campaign.

1.1.1.1 was the last stand-alone version of A-10C. After that, "DCS World" was introduced and A-10C is now a module for DCS World.

Your key for A-10C is also valid for DCS World. As long as your PC meets the requirements (most importantly: 64 bit Windows!), you can go ahead and download and install DCS World and the A-10C module from the DCS site and then use your A-10C key to activate the Warthog module. :thumbup:

I don't think there's an easy way to make the campaign compatible with A-10C 1.1.1.1 because too many things changed in the meantime.

Alright. A few questions though about that aswell. I gotta install DCS: World, and then download the A-10C Module?.. I cant find any module for DCS: World that is this Warthog game, only DCS: A-10C Warthog, but im pretty certain that its my current one..

Another subject, regarding the Multiplayer.. How does that work, is it like everybody against everybod etc? It must be pretty chaotic..

X-55 Rhino guide to configure the Mouse Nipple to work as TDC slew!

My rig

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz

8GB RAM

R9 270x 2GB

SSD

Win 8.1 Pro

I gotta install DCS: World, and then download the A-10C Module?

That's correct. These are the current download links (may change in the future):

DCS World: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/

A-10C Warthog module: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/dcs_a10c_warthog/

Another subject, regarding the Multiplayer.. How does that work, is it like everybody against everybod etc? It must be pretty chaotic..

It's not "one big Multiplayer world", if that's what you're thinking. Multiplayer is divided into servers, so you can pick the server that looks most promising to you. Some servers will be open to anyone, others will be password protected for members of specific squadrons. Some feature PvP dogfighting, others run coop missions vs. AI. Whatever you desire, I'm sure there's something you'll like. :)

Also feel free to introduce yourself in the Multiplayer forum... wait... you did that already, good job. :)

I think the guys with more Multiplayer experience will take it from there. :)