Thrustmaster Warthog joystick extension mod - various lengths

wasyl00

For sale custom made extension mod for Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS™ machined out of single piece of stainless steel with included custom extension cable.

PURCHASE SITE LINK:

https://sites.google.com/site/warthogextension/

The goal of this modification is to enhance experience of using TM Warthog HOTAS™. Introduction of the longer joystick arm ensures full usage of joystick excellent precision. Longer joystick throw comes with several benefits which among others include:

- Increased precision during manoeuvres, in particular, fine adjustments (when flying in formation or during aerial refuelling)

- Eliminates the need for joystick’s curvature in settings

- Lessens the effect of “snapping to center position” when moving the stick through/or close to/ central detent.

- Smaller stick’s centering force

- Extension allows installing the joystick in off-center (twisted) position. It is a very useful feature when joystick is placed between legs. It allows you to rest your hand more naturally on the joystick and decrease tension in your wrist.

It is also worth to note that extension mod does not require making any modification to your TM Warthog and can be de-installed easily.

Extension is available in three lengths:

- 80 mm ~3.15 inches [in stock]

- 100 mm ~3.94 inches [in stock]

- 120 mm ~4.72 inches [in stock]

*purchasing one item means you are buying one extension and one cable. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS™ is not included in sale.

Prices for extensions:

80 mm extension + cable = £40

100 mm extension + cable = £40

120 mm extension + cable = £40

Packaging &Postage:

UK= FREE

USA / EU / Europe = £10.00

*Quick shipping from London, UK.

Any question = PM me.

International Buyers – Please Note:

Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying.

Instruction: How to install the TM Warthog HOTAS™ extension. Please read fully before installation.

1. Unscrew original nut and disconnect the joystick from the base.

2. Plug the extension cable to the base and run it through the extension. VERY IMPORTANT: Ensure to plug it correctly. There is a black marker line on the plug which should be facing towards the front of the base.

3. Screw the extension to base.

4. Plug the cable to the joystick.

5. Position the joystick in the desired orientation and screw it to extension.

I tested all the parts included in sale. I will not be responsible if you damage your joystick during improper installation/usage. You are installing this mod on your own risk. Cable color may vary.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me. Returns accepted, but postage will be covered by the buyer. If there is something wrong with your item/order let me know first before giving negative feedback.

About delivery:

Below is the list of estimated delivery times according to Royal Mail. I chose this type of shipping mainly due to cost. I wanted to lower the total landed cost of item plus package as much as possible and don’t impose them on you guys. The prices of courier delivery are simply crazy comparing to regular post. So I hope you understand why the package to US can take up to 7 working days.

• Free service within UK 2nd class – 2-3 working days (including Saturdays)
  • International Tracked and Signed EU, Europe - 3-5 working days
  • International to USA Tracked and Signed – 5-7 working days

If you need express delivery I can arrange that so do not hesitate to contact me before buying.

_DSC6010.thumb.JPG.d3177aba0afbe80ebeb340140ae8c57c.JPG

80mmandcable.thumb.jpg.5377e15f62c65a79ba6622150f2bc144.jpg

100mmandcable.thumb.jpg.39037bbf478efb3f3905aa25bc8a4dc3.jpg

120mmandcable.thumb.jpg.c2023bb9dfeda542334fdd80760f5695.jpg

Edited by wasyl00
Added estimated delivery times.
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Production done, ready for shipping!

I’m pleased to announce that the extensions are back in stock and ready for shipping. I followed the suggestions and now offer third extension size plus the cable comes as standard. Additionally I extended the offer for people from US. As usual purchase can be done via eBay + Paypal. Please see updated first post for list of extensions and prices.

set.thumb.jpg.ed98b65022bbeb327806b537d8e27ceb.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

Just purchased a 120mm extension from Adam, excellent quality and fast/free delivery (in the UK). I had in fact just finished making a 110mm extension myself, but Adam's is far superior in quality... still, I can go to 230mm extension now if I desire by joining the two together :) I may try that later... but I will probably be wiping the cockpit of the helo LOL

If you have a TM Warthog, esp with a helo, you just got have this mod.... :)

Mine arrived today bro. Speedily and in excellent packaging.Quality piece of kit by the looks of it. In middle of building Aces 11 seat so unfortunately can't test it yet, my living room looks like the Beach Landing scene in Saving Private Ryan. :)

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

So I guess with the 120mm extenstion we can fly the huey with just fingertips? :thumbup:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Hmmm looks like a very nice piece of equipment! Seriously considering buying one. But have to do a "redesign" on the pit for it though.

I should have mine in a day or two, if you have a question. Going longer than the extension I have now. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I was looking on the e-bay site and found that I can not have it shipped to Canada?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I was looking on the e-bay site and found that I can not have it shipped to Canada?

PM sent! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would these work with a cougar?

I had a Hog in the past, but can't remember if connections were the same....

TIA and lovely work.

Hi garengarch,

The truth is I'm not sure. I never had cougar but if anyone who have both can confirm if the threads and connection between the stick and base is the same that would be helpful. Eventually you can send me pictures of the connection and I will try to dig a few sim forums for some answers.

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/images/cougar/base.jpg

don't know if this helps any, and thanks for reply.

Well I know now that thread is the same . See this post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1339227&postcount=2

I'm still trying to work out if the cable is going to work

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems you can swap handles so we should be ok:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/743173-REG/Thrustmaster_2960720_Hotas_Warthog_Flight_Stick.html

Quote:

Beyond these features, the joystick is 16-bit, has a 5-coil spring system, a detachable metal plate for desk or cockpit use, and a detachable handle that you can switch out with the HOTAS COUGAR handle. You can also switch your HOTAS WARTHOG handle with the HOTAS COUGAR joystick base as well.

I'll order one next weekend (payday - Sc has swallowed all my money:( )

Vega 2700x /16Gb ram/480Gb SSD/1Tb Seagate/nVidia 2080/Win 10 64 bit Rift. T-flight pedals.

I am leaning towards buying the longest extention for flying the huey but I also fly the P51 a lot. Does the longer model also make sense for both?

I am leaning towards buying the longest extention for flying the huey but I also fly the P51 a lot. Does the longer model also make sense for both?

Well I would base my choice on some testing. It's actually what I did. Longer extension doesn't automatically mean better. In my case, I'm happy with 80mm but, for some reason, a lot of people take 120mm . Try taping some kind of ruller or wooden stick to joystick and then hold it and see how do you feel about the stick's throw. There isn't ideal size for each aircraft I think. It's just the matter of personal preference. Hope that make sense for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Again, thanks for the quick response:thumbup:

Just ordered one (120mm). Can't wait to use this in EDGE.:thumbup:

Seems I ordered the last 120mm one. Sorry chaps!

Edited by Beaver McFanny

Asus Maximus VII Gene/i5 4690K @4.6Ghz/EVGA GTX 1080 Classified watercooled/16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz/2 x Corsair 128Gb ssd in Raid 0/1 x OCZ Revodrive 3 x2 480Gb/1 x Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb hd and 1 x WD Caviar 600 Gb hd/EVGA Gold 750w psu/Corsair H80i cpu cooler/Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/Corsair 500R case/Corsair K95 keyboard/Logitech MX Master wireless mouse/Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog #41581/VKB T-Rudder MK2 pedals/TrackIR 5/Samsung 49" 4K 3D Screen/Samsung sound bar and sub.

Beaver beat me to the last 120 mm:(. How long till you have more

Beaver beat me to the last 120 mm:(. How long till you have more

Not very soon unfortunately :( Next batch will take some time to finish.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you talking months or weeks

Are you talking months or weeks

I don't want to make any promises because unreliable third party is involved in the process. I think at least 2 months.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you can, put me on a list for the next long extention . After trying your ruler idea found that longer is better for both choppers and ww2 type a/c, at least for me:joystick:

Your product looks really well finished and I look forward to getting one :thumbup:

Received mine and it's a fantastic product that makes a huge difference.

The feel and control is so much of an improvement on the stock stick that I'm amazed thrustmaster haven't released something similar or included it with the core product. For the first time ever I managed air refuelling - and that's been months of frustration for me.

Extensions sizes

On the numerous occasions I was contacted about longer (then provided) extensions sizes. Unfortunately I do not offer these. Only 80, 100, 120mm. One of the reasons I don’t do that is because I’m aware of the limitations of the joystick and its springs. There is a problem when you go beyond certain length. The joystick will just not return to the central position on its own. In this case I think some extra springs are needed. It’s not a big issue but it may put some people off. I recorded a short clip of two 80mm extensions joined together.

The movement on the joystick is very smooth but it will not return from forward max position on its own. Still, if you want to go big I can help you and give you special price if you want the two. PM me for custom solution and quote.

Edited by wasyl00

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]