Notices

Old 02-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
Lino_Germany
ED Translator

Reputation power: 9
Lino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the rough
Cool Beacon Map 1.4

I´ve prepared a navigation map containing the exact position of NDBs, VORs, TACAN, VORTAC, ILS, channels, frequencies, morse codes and markers. That should make navigaton over long distances for most DCS aircraft much easier.

Note: This is a .JPG file! It is not possible to integrate it into the DCS World environment (some dudes tried this). You have to use the beacon map preferred with Windows Photo Viewer (easy zoom function with mouse wheel, fast image formation) on a separate monitor / laptop computer. An alternative solution may be the use on a tablet or a mobile phone.

Attachment 129958

Current version Caucasus Theater: 1.45

Downloadlink: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/588673/

Latest fixes:
- Added ATC channels for the UH-1H (UHF)
- Added ATC channels for the M-2000C (VHF / UHF)
- Added airport information
- Added NDBs and ILS for both possible landing directions
- All changes in frequencies, morse codes, ILS and NDBs since DCS World 1.5. See current status here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...bnBd_mKAE/edit

Attachment 129959

Current version Nevada Theater: 0.4

Downloadlink: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1587399/

Please keep in mind that this is a very early release and everything is much work in progress. Of course I am open for any comment regarding improvements and possible bugs.

SINCE THERE ARE MANY PLANNED NEW FEATURES FOR THIS THEATER (NEW AIRBASES AND AREAS), THE PROJECT IS CURRENTLY ON ICE.

Lino_Germany

Last edited by Lino_Germany; 03-08-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
Reksi-Erkki

Reputation power: 4
Reksi-Erkki is on a distinguished roadReksi-Erkki is on a distinguished road

Sweet! Rep inbound.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:43 PM   #3
FLEXCopMNPD

Reputation power: 0
FLEXCopMNPD is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome job... Any idea how big would it be printed out to map scale?
Old 02-14-2014, 09:08 PM   #4
tomcatter

tomcatter is just really nicetomcatter is just really nicetomcatter is just really nicetomcatter is just really nicetomcatter is just really nicetomcatter is just really nicetomcatter is just really nicetomcatter is just really nice

Wow.., thanks for give us this useful info in a such clear way...
Old 02-14-2014, 09:11 PM   #5
141st_Gözcü

Reputation power: 5
141st_Gözcü has a spectacular aura about141st_Gözcü has a spectacular aura about141st_Gözcü has a spectacular aura about141st_Gözcü has a spectacular aura about141st_Gözcü has a spectacular aura about141st_Gözcü has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to 141st_Gözcü

Thanks Lino

www.simwolfs.com
Old 02-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #6
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 99
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

I don't know that I will ever use this but I am definitely keeping it for reference.

Rep for quite a bit of very nice work!!
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme 4GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1

Last edited by cichlidfan; 02-14-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #7
Lino_Germany
ED Translator

Lino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the roughLino_Germany is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEXCopMNPD View Post
Awesome job... Any idea how big would it be printed out to map scale?
For printing out a high res Version of the map in large scale, I recommend for best results the original CorelDRAW X6 source file or the extracted Bitmap-File (about 7.1 GB). If you know a feasible way to send it without making it public, I´d give you the source file for this purpose.

Lino_Germany

Last edited by Lino_Germany; 02-14-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:45 PM   #8
Phantom453

Reputation power: 7
Phantom453 will become famous soon enoughPhantom453 will become famous soon enoughPhantom453 will become famous soon enough

Lino - you're a man on a mission with all the work you have done in relation to capturing the navigation systems in DCS. More great work and very useful!!! Thanks. Rep added.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #9
sebas1977

Reputation power: 3
sebas1977 is on a distinguished road

Great! Thanks for the work put into this!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:37 PM   #10
skouras

Reputation power: 12
skouras is a jewel in the roughskouras is a jewel in the roughskouras is a jewel in the roughskouras is a jewel in the roughskouras is a jewel in the roughskouras is a jewel in the roughskouras is a jewel in the rough

thanks.....