DCS Mirage 2000C Discussion

Bluedrake42

So that means YES? they are still working on DCS version of Mirage and project is not dead? is that what it means ?

Yes. We are still working on the DCS M2000C. Unfortunately RL events forced us to take a long hiatus, but we are committed to releasing this aircraft. At this time I am working with the Radar but at this moment I am developing the internal functionality so there is nothing to see. Yet.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that radar like the one on Mig21? Needs time to warm up then needs alcohol to cool down? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Is that radar like the one on Mig21? Needs time to warm up then needs alcohol to cool down? :D

:megalol:

No. It is the Cyrano 5 RDI (Radar Doppler à Impulsions) radar. It is a solid state radar so it does not have a warm up (at least none of the available literature says so). It was the first attempt by France to make a native version of the APG-65 radar used by the early versions of the Hornet. It is basically an Air-to-Air interception radar with some basic Air-to-Ground functionality, which allowed it to fire the Exocet.

It was later upgraded to the RDY that provides look-down-shoot-down capability and has improved Air-to-Ground modes. Thomson claimed that the RDY was even better than the APG-65. Unfortunately (or luckily for me :angel:) the M2000C never carried the RDY, so we are modelling the RDI.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

"Cool!" Waiting something to appear on that radar then.

Maybe at some point you guys will make the Mirage III which might have the radar cooled with a french rose wine... or champagne :D.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Looking at these screens, were 2x530 and 2x550 the only air to air armament that was possible on the C? Does it not have more hardpoints for air to air?

No. The C came out before the MICA was developed. The Mirage 2000-5 is the only one that can carry up to 6 MICA missiles. The M2000-5 Mk2 even got a true MFD instead of the dedicated radar screen that the previous version had.

Also, unlike the C, the -5 can carry a laser designator pod so it can both illuminate and bomb targets on its own. The C needs a third party, either airborne or on the ground, to designate and illuminate the target so it is relegated to the bomb truck role when using LGBs.

Hello , can the 2000C carry 4 magic?

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Ah well, it's good enough for me. It sounds like it would be a really fun aicraft, easily looking forward to this one the most out of everything coming up.

Not too modern, not too old, like a 21 but with better radar and manoeuvrability.

Does anybody perhaps have a loadout list for the C? Seems to be hard to find anything for the older 2000 variants.

Mirage 2000C is actually the basic, first version, even though "C" sounds like a 2nd gen version like F-16C or Gripen-C.

But C actually means chasseur=fighter. B = biplace, two seater. So C is simply the 1st gen M2000.

Edited by emg

So i guess its 2x magic and 2x 530D , and not 4x magic possible.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

No. It is the Cyrano 5 RDI (Radar Doppler à Impulsions) radar. It is a solid state radar so it does not have a warm up (at least none of the available literature says so). It was the first attempt by France to make a native version of the APG-65 radar used by the early versions of the Hornet. It is basically an Air-to-Air interception radar with some basic Air-to-Ground functionality, which allowed it to fire the Exocet.

It was later upgraded to the RDY that provides look-down-shoot-down capability and has improved Air-to-Ground modes. Thomson claimed that the RDY was even better than the APG-65. Unfortunately (or luckily for me :angel:) the M2000C never carried the RDY, so we are modelling the RDI.

Hang on, so the 2000C radar isn't look down shoot down?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

It is a very agile aircraft as far as I know, but not without quirks.

It has all the pluses and minuses of big wing area tailless delta. From what I read around, it gives F-16 trouble in dogfights with a considerably better instant turn performance but, in sustained turns and high angles of attack, wings suffer from "becoming a giant airbrake syndrome" apparently.

Also, I am not exactly sure but, it's acceleration and max mach is better than contemporary (and even some later) F-16 models if I recall correctly.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

It is a very agile aircraft as far as I know, but not without quirks.

It has all the pluses and minuses of big wing area tailless delta. From what I read around, it gives F-16 trouble in dogfights with a considerably better instant turn performance but, in sustained turns and high angles of attack, wings suffer from "becoming a giant airbrake syndrome" apparently.

Also, I am not exactly sure but, it's acceleration and max mach is better than contemporary (and even some later) F-16 models if I recall correctly.

From what I know you're good.

I think late F-16 has better initial acceleration with almost 30% higher PC thrust.

But in transonic area the delta wing and its 59° sweep angle gives some advantages.

Also the M53-P2 has lower by-past ratio, it may burns more fuel at low altitude but keeps good thrust at high altitude.

In Afghanistan Mirage 2000D is known to rush at M0.95 on TIC at mil. thrust with combat load (2x2000L wing tank, laser pod + 2 GBU-12/49).

At low speed the Mirage has good nose authority and is safe to fly. It has 29° max AoA (and even 31°) Vs 26° for F-16.

So the F-16 must keep some speed and avoid following the Mirage in very low speed. But its acceleration will be better from low speed, with better capability in vertical evolution.

In dogfight against F-16 the Mirage would have to kill fast, after the F-16 would gain advantage...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Hello,

It's a little bit more complicated.

French Mirage 2000 C:

- 1984/ 1 to 37 : RDM radar and M53-5 engine. Magic 2 + Super 530F missiles (same as Mirage F1).

- 1987/ 38 to 124 : RDI radar and upgraded M53-P2 engine. Magic 2 + Super 530D.

Mirage 2000E (here I merge all export variants, but options may change depending on customer)

- RDM radar + Super 530D thanks to CWI option on radar. France didn't purchase the CWI option for its Mirage 2000 C RDM.

The Mirage 2000C has always been intended to be look down/ shoot down fighter. But Thomson struggled to develop the RDI radar.

As a stop gap, it was decided to develop the RDM from late Cyrano radar technology.

The RDM is:

- limited look dwon (around 20 Nm from public figures) but not shoot down, despite Super 530D.

- multiple AG mode options:

. Ground Mapping

. Contour Mapping

. Blind Penetration (BP) = same as TA but in dive

.AG telemetry for NAV update & target ranging (gun, rocket, bomb).

. FIX (NAV update on known radar visible waypoint)

. Terrain Avoidance (TA)

(. DBS)

(. SEA = for AM39 Exocet use = Mirage 2000 EG)

The RDI is:

- true look down/ shoot down

- High PRF Doppler targeting with synthetic radar contact. You lock target in PSIC (TWS) or PSID (STT).

- multiple close combat + FLOOD mode.

- Low PRF look only, with limited range

- AG mode :

. ground mapping

. TA/ BP

. AG telemetry for NAV update & target ranging (gun, rocket, bomb).

So 2000 C RDM can be multi role with look down and good AG capability.

2000 C RDI is dedicated AA fighter, good look down/ shoot down and secondary AG capability.

For both NAV options are pretty good (time on target, desired track, offset point...)

Mirage 2000-5 is a totally new weapon system, with one of the best mechanical radar. Late model like Greek and UAE use Rafale central computer (MDPU).

Edited by jojo
  • Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

So one can assume they are developing a method for limited A/G radar mapping based on the features of the RDI correct? Like T/A and mapping but no support for GBUs. Reason I ask is cause it would would seem to be a pretty major feature seeing as how EDs making the APG-65 for the hornet.

And please correct me if I missing something, but we are getting the Exocet as well right?

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I can't tell what they will do...

But Mirage 2000 C RDI is qualified, and pilot trained to carry GBU-12 for buddy lasing.

Exocet is not used on French Mirage. So if they do it it can be for simplification and merge export and French variant or it will need dedicated export version.

Mirage fanatic !

I can't tell what they will do...

But Mirage 2000 C RDI is qualified, and pilot trained to carry GBU-12 for buddy lasing.

Exocet is not used on French Mirage. So if they do it it can be for simplification and merge export and French variant or it will need dedicated export version.

The Exocet is a French Missile.

m2000exocet.jpg

on another note from what I read its no harpoon but it sure packs a punch! I hope we do get it!

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

10568908_722628004476071_7145843479312580143_n.jpg?oh=2a82cdcb2ccc8e20f753fcbab0a60bf3&oe=55E7E84A

If their FSX release is anything to go by, it would mean we get the Exocet. But to be honest, thats not even the most exciting feature. IMHO, the biggest selling point will be the SEAD ability which makes it the most versatile aircraft in DCS if it comes with the Armat :)

What I care about is M2000 with 2x530D and 2x magic and RP522 FUEL.

Its how M2000 should always be loaded. :)

AAAH with the ulmer helmet on pilot's head :

http://auto.img.v4.skyrock.net/9533/30749533/pics/3069787161_1_3_JfIcBDFP.jpg

http://tomcathelmet.e-monsite.com/medias/album/3064840211-2-17-q8ly0nik.jpg?fx=r_660_660

http://k37.kn3.net/taringa/4/5/2/1/2/2/1/juanma360/83C.jpg?3994

Maybe with MK-82 too.