Mission: F-15C Tuapse Strike

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/587391/

Use this thread for feedback/discussion/questions/requests

I will say straight away that the mission had some issues in development, which made it take a lot longer than it should have, but the work-arounds shouldn't be noticeable in game. I'm hoping that with 1.2.8, or any updates to 1.2.7, that issues with it will be fixed and I'll upload updated versions.

EDIT: Still pending so I added the mission as an attachment.

EDIT 2

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/587391/

F-15C Tuapse Strikev3 export version 1.000.miz

Edited by Exorcet

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Just flew it, a few interesting things that I noticed:

- Tornados did not use any of their payload

Unfortunately ALARM behavior changed with one of the recent patches and it's not longer a useful weapon against larger SAM's, at least with a head on approach. The GR4's may not shoot, but they should have an effect on some of the SAM's.

I could change them to Tornado IDS, since HARM is useable vs large SAM's, but I like the suppression aspect I tried to set up. It could be made better though.

- Falcons were charging into enemy base with full afterburners, probably due to having fighter sweep task
This is a small oversight, they're flying too high. I lowered the altitude but somehow this change did not make it into v3 of the mission. Actually that's not right, now that I watched the track. They were at the correct altitude, it's because of the Search and Engage in Zone action I gave them, but I think it's fine.

Thanks for testing it out.

And you're welcome Milli.

EDIT:

Watching the track, did you find the briefing clear enough? You stuck around longer than you could have. If you were waiting for a mission complete announcement, there isn't one. I don't like to use them. Your job is to allow the F-18's to get in striking distance of Tuapse without being attacked by fighters. Once they head for waypoint 4, you're basically done.

Edited by Exorcet

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Hmm okay yeah I was just surprised to see all of them RTB with full load. Indeed was waiting for everyone to be down and kinda expected some kind of announcement. But I was watching TV after I landed.

Other than that, I wasn't really following the WPs due to a heavy argument on TS in the meantime. I think the briefing was clear enough, the cloud layer gave me some trouble identifying my hits and misses. The hornets were ~ 20nm in front of me when they got jumped but that's probably because I was flying away after takeoff, and then flying all around even after I realized what's the correct direction. :D

Small things like this changes all the time in EDs patches. To bad really as they break missions that ppl have put a lot of work in to.

Yes, at first it was driving me crazy why SEAD would not attack since I was still assuming HARM and ALARM acted the same.

Tweaking it to make the second Eagle flyable, I flew this with a friend of mine last night. Neither of us are especially practiced at flying as a team, or indeed at flying fighters, but we had a good time with it. The picture got confused pretty quickly, which is fun.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission