kh-25ML issue DCS 1.2.723097

dimitriov

hi!

I come to you today because there might be a new issue since the last 1.2.7 + hotfix release.

Here it is. Usually, the kh-25ML takes a speed around 3000 km/h and can hit a target above 17 km... The engines work during 2/3 of the way. (sorry for my english ;) )

Now, and as you'll see it on the video, the missile goes down during 2-3 seconds before pulling up, and then, its engines shut down. Altitude doesn't matter. On the video, I tried with 500m, but I too tried from 4000 m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rShrbRw6GrE&feature=youtu.be

So, as you can see, the missile crashes around 8 km before its target (from 4000 m around 5km before it), I did the illumination process as I always do it. And before the 1.2.7, i used to launch such missile once per week. With success obviously. The missile is still going to its target!

So it seems that the kh-25ML thinks that it has become a glider. But it's not... :music_whistling:

I precise that being an instructor in a french squad, I recently met this bug during a course, and my pupils had the same issue than me.

If you could please confirm the bug, and fix it, it would be quite great, ka-50 is the only aircraft in DCS which usually doesn't suffer from the updates issues ;).

But perhaps did I do something wrong? :huh:

Nicolas

Ps: sorry again for my poor, very poor english :megalol:

Hello my dear Dimitriov aka Nicolas,

Me too I meet the same problem that you, if I can launch my kh-25ML the engines of my kh-25ML are cut off and of course the missile crash on the ground.

Other problem that I've found with my kh-25ML and my KA-50 v1.2.7:

3.2 km: OK mon kh-25ML hit my target.

4.8 km: OK mon kh-25ML hit my target.

6.9 km: OK mon kh-25ML hit my target.

7.4 km: OK mon kh-25ML hit my target.

With these distances after to have lock my target I can read one countdown 7 or 8 seconds and after I can launch my kh-25ML.

Beyond these ranges impossible to lock my kh-25ML and after to have lock my target I can read one countdown of 2 or 3 secondes and impossible to launch my kh-25ML.

Is it one problem with the laser or the lock system ?

One new bug created with the last upgarde V1.2.7 ?

Please if anybody members of this forum can help us it's will be cool from your part.

A great thanks in advance and best regards. Skull

Hello my dear Dimitriov aka Nicolas,

Me too I meet the same problem that you, if I can launch my kh-25ML the engines of my kh-25ML are cut off and of course the missile crash on the ground.

Other problem that I've found with my kh-25ML and my KA-50 v1.2.7:

3.2 km: OK mon kh-25ML hit my target.

4.8 km: OK mon kh-25ML hit my target.

6.9 km: OK mon kh-25ML hit my target.

7.4 km: OK mon kh-25ML hit my target.

With these distances after to have lock my target I can read one countdown 7 or 8 seconds and after I can launch my kh-25ML.

Beyond these ranges impossible to lock my kh-25ML and after to have lock my target I can read one countdown of 2 or 3 secondes and impossible to launch my kh-25ML.

Is it one problem with the laser or the lock system ?

One new bug created with the last upgarde V1.2.7 ?

Please if anybody members of this forum can help us it's will be cool from your part.

A great thanks in advance and best regards. Skull

Sounds like this known bug: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=119222

Yes but there it's not a "loosing altitude" issue : the kh-25 is no more usable for heavies sams or ships, can't hit a target over 7km!

Even the vikhr can hit a target from nearly 10 km! :(

right now 10km hits in the vikhr are only really possible upwind.

Kh-25ML have been downgraded, this is not a WIP stage.

Why downgraded ?

In the real life the KH-25ML is also downgraded ?

Please can you give us more information aout the range of this missile ?

Thanks in advance, Skull.

Why downgraded ?

In the real life the KH-25ML is also downgraded ?

Please can you give us more information aout the range of this missile ?

Thanks in advance, Skull.

I am sorry mate... I just could say you, everything don't seem to be for a real (Simulation) reason.

This is a trade...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes it is WIP.

I told you like the R-77, but in Long WIP stage this one. More than 6 months...

The kills against Mig-29 are WIP too. The same with the kills against Ka-50, Su-25T and Su-25A by IR Air-defences becuase the Kh-25ML is in "WIP" stage.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

1.2.10....and counting.....

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 4 months later...

For gameplay reasons, I suppose? :)

A Kh-25 with a proper FM might well take off from a Ka-50. They did test it in RL, IIRC - but there may be issues with igniting the rocket motor, and even if not, the missile has to accelerate out of very slow launch speed, so performance will suffer severely.

Regardless of what ED does now (removes the Kh-25 from play for Ka-50 or leaves it in), if they give it a proper FM, it will never again fly like it used to. And that'll probably be one of the reasons why it was never fielder.

So it actually "works as intended" now?

Why was it then modelled into DCS Blackshark in the first place - as the real helo then probably also never really used it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda