F.W. 190 AI

ivo

This is for developer, please re-work the F.w.190 AI that is very idiot ...only up-stall-down and up-stall-down.......see the AI of Il2 BOS or IL2 your F.W.190 is very very bad....:mad::mad::mad: I can't spent other my money un this game.......

Bye

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Eh? I love fighting the Fw 190 AI. It is very good. DCS might have the best dogfighting AI of any sim out there.

Or are you saying the 190 AI shouldn't use vertical tactics? Should it fight horizontally so it is easier to shoot down?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

You have several options in the mission editor to set which maneuvers your enemy will/can use to evade your fire etc.

Imo the AI mostly uses the same energy fighting tactic which causes the unskilled pilot to stall or loose too much energy that gives the AI a good position to shoot you down.

I agree that even the weakest enemy skill is pretty taff and hard for a new pilot.

You need practice, practice and practice to get a splash, a lot of practice :)

As I sad you can take your enemy all weapons away and set e.g. that he ignores you or only do horz or vert maneuvers for training purpose.

Edit: Remember that the FW is not the Mustang therefore has another energy setting. It's all about energy management, don't follow him in all maneuvers :)

Edited by Zabuza

Hi zabuza yoy say :You have several options in the mission editor to set which maneuvers your enemy will/can use to evade your fire etc.

Ho I can make it ?

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

Hi zabuza yoy say :You have several options in the mission editor to set which maneuvers your enemy will/can use to evade your fire etc.

Ho I can make it ?

Ivo,

Go into Mission Editor;

Under "File" (at the top, not the side) select Open. Then select mission "P-51D vs FW-190 Dogfight.miz;

You will see the mission map for that mission. The red icon represents the Focke-Wulf.

Click on it. To the right you will see many parameters that can be edited, select the tab called Payload. There is where you will find the attributes that have been assigned to the 190. Pilot skill, loadout, fuel state, mission orders, etc.

You may select from the drop-downs and edit the qualities of the enemy plane any way you like.

Then then select Save or Save as.

Go back into the main menu, and your changes will be in effect.

PS this is also how we select new skins for our planes.:)

Hint: The FW-190 is by default set at the LOWEST level of AI.

Another hint: The way the FW fights in the Dogfight mission is almost certainly how a Dora pilot would behave in a 1v1 versus a Mustang at that altitude (6K+ feet). The AI in DCS, to me at least, (29 years of flight sim experience and a lifetime of study of WWII air combat) is probably among the very best out there at this time. Not perfect, but very, very good.

Good hunting!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Remembering Arlie "Jack" Campbell, US Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done dad, rest in peace.

Thank, chris455 I'll try do it....

Bye

Eh? I love fighting the Fw 190 AI. It is very good. DCS might have the best dogfighting AI of any sim out there.

Or are you saying the 190 AI shouldn't use vertical tactics? Should it fight horizontally so it is easier to shoot down?

+1

Even though sometime i swear out loud against his incredible climbing ability...:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes Fifi, FW190 is like SU27.....

yes Fifi, FW190 is like SU27.....

Maybe you need more practice? If I understand correctly, you just got the P-51D module. It might take you more than a month of practice to shoot down the 190. I call that value.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Ok gavagai, but what is the AI of ME.109 mod ?

The AI Bf 109 never worked correctly for me. It would circle once and then give up. I stopped using it a long time ago.

Additionally to the enemy AI difficulty you can select how he will react in fights.

Therefore in the editor click the aircraft you want to edit. On the TAB where you can select his difficulty is a waypoint menu at the very bottom. Select the first waypoint and click advanced waypoint actions then add. Select the set options type.

There you can edit his ROE e.g. saved weapons and how he will react when threatened e.g. passive defense or no reaction etc.

ok many thank to all for your reply bye

Hi,

I am also quite new with DCS and P51. I have tried the P51vsFw190 quick mission a couple of times. However i can shoot down the Dora without too much hassle, but it irritates me that the AI obviously has no overheating issues. It keeps climbing with low speeds and extreme AOA for minutes while my engine is cooking despite the full open (auto) radiator.

I had the same feeling when I tried the P51vsP51 mission as well.

My second problem is, that sometimes the guns quit firing after only shooting a single round. If I press the trigger again they are shooting ok, or maybe sending out only one bullet again (per barrel). It seems like it happens only with certain g-forces, but I am not sure if this is how it supposed to be, or it is some fail.

Can you guys confirm these issues please?

MM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

KG13 Control Grip Building

Control Stick and Rudder Design

i7 8700K, Asus Z370-E, 1080 Ti, 32Gb RAM, EVO960 500Gb, Oculus CV1

The enemy AI is a beast when it comes to energy fighting/management even at the lowest difficulty. Btw the AI has a simplified flight model but I would say it's because of their good energy management :)

Once I had the guns problem too. I'm using a HOTAS Warthog stick with a two-staged trigger. When pressing the trigger this problem occured because of switching from stage 1 to 2. Only pressing the first stage helped me solving this issue.

Secondly you should know that the guns can jam. Using the gun heater can minimize that problem.

I heard from others with this problem that it was a controller issue. While using the keyboard for shooting they didn't had the problem.

Thanks for the reply Zabuza,

Well, without disrespect the AI, but i feel I am quite good in E-fight. That is my bread since I started to play WW2 sims about 15 years ago. But I simply need to throttle back while I am keeping up with the AI in steep, slow climbs to avoid engine cooking. He is not faster or higher than me, simply he can climb without the heating issue.

It means that the Dora`s engine cooling was much more effective than the Pony`s, or the AI`s CEM is way too much simplified. For me it kills the fun a bit. Just because something is difficult is not necessarily realistic.

I will try around the trigger. It is custom made stick (see my signature), utilizing a Leo Bodnar Board with simple 2 pole switches. I have no issues in other games, and not always in the P51 either.

regards

MM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

KG13 Control Grip Building

Control Stick and Rudder Design

i7 8700K, Asus Z370-E, 1080 Ti, 32Gb RAM, EVO960 500Gb, Oculus CV1