PRMG ILS in 1.2.7

IvanK

The Change log in ILS says that PRMG ILS are now labelled in the ME.

I know the PRMG ILS is the Russian ILS system and not compatible with the Western/ICAO ILS system. Airfields equipped with the PRMG system in DCS are:

Krasnodar Central

Krymsk

Maykop

Mozdok

When you fly an approach in LDG sub mode (in the Russian types)to a PRMG ILS you will get both the FD circle and the smaller ILS/GS circle in the HUD. At all other airfields you only get the larger FD circle.... i.e. its a computed (LNAV/VNAV) rather than ground referenced approach.

Looking at the 1.2.7 ME you see a slight difference in how the PRMG ILS are displayed to those of the Western ILS equipped airfields:

DCS127ILS_zps028dcaf5.jpg

What does the small number "24" at Mozdok (PRMG ILS) represent ?

It's RSBN (Radio Stahntsiya Blizhnei Navigatsii).

Or in cyrillic: РСБН (Радио Станция Ближней Навигации).

I'm doing a check on this subject (and related matters).

See this document : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlrzIVPth32DdGxQcGZfYWhmdzVUZ3J1M3FoRGxyWHc&usp=sharing

4 airbases have RSBN in current DCS map.

- On those 4 airbases, russian aircraft (FC3) will get a "glide & loc", and the double circle in the HUD.

- On other airbases, only one circle in HUD (I guess it somehow simulates an intertial capability? But how it is so precise ? Or a ~GPS and/or Glonass ? But those systems didn't exist back then, did they?)

RSBN works for both QFU. It's not strictly speaking a russian ILS, but it allows aircrafts to land in bad weathers.

Cheers

Az'

spacer.png

The Change log in ILS says that PRMG ILS are now labelled in the ME.

Oh, didn't see that.

Well, they already were in the last 1.2.6 (at last) because I started my tests and google table construction well before 1.2.7 beta was out.

(on dec 7 in fact, based on my topic about that on my squadron's forum).

spacer.png

Looks like we have been on a similar quest. Great Spreadsheet.

Still cant see whats different in 1.2.7 ME though

Here is my cheat sheet map altered from the DCS chart series. Russian ILS airfields marked together with correct Airfield Number designations (as used in SU25T).

DCSNav_ID5_zpsaf4482bd.jpg