VFAT 2013 Streamed on Virtual-Aerobatics.Com!

VH-Rock

VFAT_POster.png

It is with sheer delight that we can announce that this years prestigious VFAT (Virtual Festival of Aerobatics Teams) event will be streamed live, right here, on Virtual-Aerobatics.Com in our new ‘Live Events Area‘. The Live events area not only displays the live stream of the event, but also features a dedicated chat system which will allow you to login (Either with Facebook or an email address) and chat to other pilots throughout all of the flying – This means that you can comment and chat to others whilst your favourite team is flying! The official VFAT livestream chat will also be available for you to comment on, but is deactivated during teams displays. Virtual Aerobatics will be providing full coverage of the build up to the event and throughout the weekend on the live events area and on our Facebook Page.

Throughout the course of the VFAT weekend, we will be hosting multiple competitions where you can get your hands on Virtual-Aerobatics.Com T-shirts, A full license for VEAO Simulations yet to be released ‘DCS: Hawk ‘ module and much more!

This years events takes place on Dec 6th/7th & 8th and features many of the worlds most popular virtual aerobatic teams such as the Virtual Blue Angels and the VAT Berkuts, but also features several new teams and interesting solo displays showing just what is possible in DCS World and Flaming Cliffs 2. We’re proud to be supporting several members of our community who are participating in this years show.

As we get closer to the event, more information about the streaming, including show schedules, competition times and the addition of a new key sponsor, with some fantastic prizes to give away, will be posted. Keep checking back, VFAT is almost here!

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

Excellent, Rock! I hope I'm able to get that weekend off - looking forward to watching everyone perform.

I know it's disappointing to many that we won't be able to perform this year. I hope real life gives us a break next year and allows us to start flying again.

I've been enjoying flying in the Virtual Aerobatic server though, always a fun and relaxing environment - it's where I come to unwind from a long 4 day airline trip and do some "real" flying! :pilotfly:

Thanks to Rock, Pman and the rest of the VAS staff for all the work you do to keep the server and site and running - we all appreciate it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Cooler Master HAF X Case | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W PSU | EVGA Z270 Classified K |

Intel Core i7 7700k @ 5.0 Ghz | 512GB Samsung 960 Pro SSD |

16 GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 @ 3200 MHZ | EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 | WD 6TB 7200 RPM |

Oculus Rift | TM HOTAS Warthog | 27" ASUS VG278H 3D monitor | Windows 10 64 bit |

Excellent, Rock! I hope I'm able to get that weekend off - looking forward to watching everyone perform.

I know it's disappointing to many that we won't be able to perform this year. I hope real life gives us a break next year and allows us to start flying again.

I've been enjoying flying in the Virtual Aerobatic server though, always a fun and relaxing environment - it's where I come to unwind from a long 4 day airline trip and do some "real" flying! :pilotfly:

Thanks to Rock, Pman and the rest of the VAS staff for all the work you do to keep the server and site and running - we all appreciate it!

Thanks Ray, we do appreciate your support :)

VFAT Fly-ins start in 25 minutes!

http://www.virtual-aerobatics.com/live-shows/

Up today:

• VAT “Skyline” – 17th November, 17:00 GMT
  • VAT Angels & Demons – 17th November, 17:30 GMT
  • Virtual Red Arrows – 17th November, 19:00 GMT
  • Polish Air Force F-16 Virtual Display Team – 17th November, 19:45 GMT

Great time was had this evening chatting on Teamspeak and saying Hi to people in chat for some of the arrivals!

Look forward to speaking to more of you when VFAT arrives!

Stay tuned for news on prizes that YOU could win during the livestream of VFAT!

• 3 weeks later...

Who's ready for VFAT? 3 days of unique, inspiring flight simulation! I know what I'm doing this weekend.

You can watch the F/A-18C Hornet fly-in tomorrow at 0030 GMT for a sneak peak of one of the two External Flight Model aircraft that will be flying this weekend. (7:30 EST, 4:30 PST for those of us in the US.)

QOCZogCl.jpg

b8gNbZ0l.jpg

MaiFBobl.jpg

See you at the show!

1488829_550190161725735_2077037319_n.jpg

You can also catch us live this Sunday starting with our Solo L-39 Demonstration at 19:10 GMT (14:10 EST), then later on we will be rocking our full 6 Ship Demonstration at 21:00 GMT (16:00 EST). Full schedule can be found here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aj-5PTSoVZU2dGQ1NGxzM1hSOV9VaG4ycDB2TDNYUnc&usp=drive_web Watch it live here! http://www.livestream.com/virtualairshows

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

are the performances gonna be availible for playback later?, I'll be away from my PC and wont be able to watch friday, part of saturday and sunday.

I really want to see the performances with custom external flight models.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Ladies and Gentlemen, the day in December that we've all been waiting for has finally arrived. No, it's not Christmas, The Virtual Festival of Aerobatic Teams starts today at 5pm GMT. Any virtual pilot interested in aerobatics will know the name VFAT -it is a name synonymous with quality, excitement and an anticipation; the weekend we've waiting for all year is finally here. Past VFAT events have featured many of the worlds most popular virtual aerobatic teams in a showcase of both real and fictional displays, solos and team acts, and this year is no different! Flying starts today at 5.00 GMT, kick ing off with Blaze and the F-16 Viper East Demo and features many popular solo and formation teams. The full schedule is available here

For the first time, this years event is being streamed live right here on http://www.virtual-aerobatics.com - Virtual Aerobatics was founded in February 2013 with the aim of bringing the aerobatic community together and giving pilots a place to start. Over the last year, we've worked hard to develop VA into a comfortable community environment, both in our dedicated server and on our website / forums. We're thankful to the organisers of VFAT for allowing us to stream their show on our site - a true community effort. As a celebration of our VFAT coverage we have come together with several of our close friends, in both the real and virtual aviation world, to have several prize give aways throughout the 3 day weekend.

Here are some of the prizes up for grabs:

• A Thrustmaster Warthog Stick courtesy of the Virtual Red Arrows Sponsored by Thrustmaster
  • 3 Thrustmaster Gaming headsets again Thanks to the Virtual Red Arrows
  • Some signed Black Diamond Jet Display Team Cards Thanks to the Virtual Black Diamond Jet Display Team
  • 3 x 1hr Sessions personal tuition with one of more of the Virtual Horsemen
  • 1 Pair of tickets for Flying Legends 2014 donated by The Fighter Collection at Duxford
  • A DVD of Flying Legends from 2013 once again from The Fighter Collection at Duxford
  • 1 x Mi8 Module for DCS from us at Virtual Aerobatics
  • 1 x Flaming Cliffs 3 Module again from us at Virtual Aerobatics
  • 1 x BaE Hawk Key kindly donated from VEAO Simulations

We would like to express our thanks to all of sponsors for supporting Virtual-Aerobatics.Com through this weekend.

How do I watch the show?

VFAT 2013 is being streamed live on Virtual-Aerobatics.Com. You don't need any special software or flight sim equipment. All you have to is visit our live events page (http://www.virtual-aerobatics.com/live-shows) and the stream will automatically start - it's just like watching TV.

How do I chat with other aviation fans?

There are two text chat systems available on our live stream page. To the right of the stream is the official VFAT Chat - This chat can be turned off during displays to prevent the livestream from lagging. To use it, all you have to do is enter a username and you're away! The 2nd text chat is our own, virtual aerobatics private chat - only viewers watching on Virtual-Aerobatics.Com will be able to use it. Enter a username & Email address and you're good to go. This chat will remain active at all times so you can talk through displays.

If you prefer voice comms, you could always join the virtual-aerobatics.com teamspeak server: virtual-aerobatics.teamspeak3.com (No Password)

How do I know who's flying when?

The full schedules for all three days are posted below the livestream and chat - just click the on the necessary schedule.

How do I enter the competitions?

Throughout the course of the weekend, we'll be hosting several competitions. Below the schedules in a simple contact form which requires your name, email address and your answer. Simply enter the necessary details and press submit! Please ensure that the email address is accurate as it is the only way we have of contacting you!

I have some question about virtual aerobatics and formation flying, who do I ask?

The great thing about VFAT is the atmosphere. There are always experienced virtual and real world pilots around that are happy to answer any of your questions about flying and generally shoot the breeze.

Is there anything else I need to know?

Nope, you're all set! But, if you do have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

We hope you're as excited as us about this weekends event and hope to see you there!

VA Staff.

Well, what an incredible start to VFAT 2013 that was! We saw some fantastic flying and that amazing community atmosphere was buzzing from start to finish. Today, we see some of the large display teams take to the skies, including our good friend the 'VAT Angels & Demons, who regularly fly in the Virtual-Aerobatics.Com Server. The flying kicks off today at 12:00 GMT, we hope to see you there for some more amazing flying and prize giveaways.

http://www.virtual-aerobatics.com/live-shows

Edited by VH-Rock