Mission: Strait of Kerch ASW Barrier

MBot

header.jpg

Mi-8MTV2 and UH-1H anti-submarine warfare coop mission for 1 to 6 players.

Anapa Naval Airbase, 1700h

60 minutes ago, the Ligh Anti-Submarine Ship Kasimov had intermittent contact with a snorkeling diesel-electric submarine 15 km south of the entrance to the Strait of Kerch. Upon further investigation by the Kazimov the sub broke contact and vanished. We assume this is a Turkish submarine which will try to pass the Strait of Kerch and enter the Sea of Azov.

The helicopters of the 872nd Independent Anti-Submarine Helicopter Regiment based at Anapa are tasked to block the Strait of Kerch and sink the hostile submarine before it reaches the Sea of Azov. The enemy is expected to enter the strait within the next hour and complete the passage before 20:00h.

Sonar conditions are average with an expected sonobuoy detection range of 2000 m. A thermal layer is expected at a depth between 80 and 120 m. Bottom depth in the strait is 200 m.

Expect civil and military surface traffic in the Strait of Kerch. All submerged contacts are declared hostile.

For an introduction into anti-submarine warfare refer to the ASW Training Course.

May 16, 2016, Mission Updated to v2

Mission updated to work with DCS 1.5.3

Mi-8_UH-1_co6_StraitOfKerch_ASW_Barrier_v2.miz

Edited by MBot
Mission updated to v3

• 2 weeks later...

Nice mission, good atmosphere and I managed to sink that sub eventually. Is the sub's position and movement randomized each time the mission is loaded or is the path always the same.

EDIT: Never mind, just had a look at the code and it does appear to be randomly placed.

Edited by Jona33

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...