Mission: Nukleare Teilhabe

MBot

NukleareTeilhabe.jpg

Nukleare Teilhabe, a UH-1H Huey coop mission for up to 6 players.

Nukleare Teilhabe; German = Nuclear sharing is a concept in NATO's policy of nuclear deterrence, which involves member countries without nuclear weapons of their own in the planning for the use of nuclear weapons by NATO, and in particular provides for the armed forces of these countries to be involved in delivering these weapons in the event of their use.

North German Plain 1988. Bad has come to worse and NATO authorizes the release of tactical nuclear weapons against attacking Soviet forces. The West German 1. Panzerdivision is facing a breakthrough attempt by the Soviet 3rd Shock Army. 1st Panzer intends to break up the assault before it can even materialize by shattering a hostile motor-rifle regiment in their assembly area with deep fire. Ten W48 nuclear artillery shells with a yield of 0.72 kt each have been allocated to this operation from the divisional stockpile. Hueys from the Transporthubschrauberregiment 10 will provide support by transporting these nuclear warheads from the special ammunition depot to the designated special ammunition firing battery; by reconnoitring the Soviet assembly areas and by inserting artillery forward observer teams behind enemy lines.

This mission features the Artillery Enhancement Script and includes forward observers that request artillery fire dynamically and autonomously, as well as nuclear artillery warheads. Loading and unloading of cargo and troops, and various status reports are available through the F10 radio menu.

Since this is a mission in a semi-historical high threat mechanized warfare environment, movement across the FLOT should be slow, deliberate and with great care. The opposing forces consist of a Soviet motor-rifle regiment in its historical order of battle, including most combat and combat support elements. Players that do not wish to fly in such a dangerous environment can limit themselves to the safer rear area transport task and call Tornado reconnaissance aircraft to generate the artillery targeting coordinates instead.

Since this mission features a complete enemy regiment with over 200 units, it might not be suited to weak computers and/or weak servers.

The mission does not feature a scoring system, time limits or any end conditions. A limited amount of unit movement has been set-up for the first 2 hours. Other than that, the mission is open ended.

UH-1_co6_Nukleare_Teilhabe.miz

• Like 1

Hi,

I just tested the mission for a brief time alone, and it looks very good.

It feels imersive!

Just a short question:

-On the first task, to locate enemy targets. How to do that?

Do I have to mark these targets somehow, or is there another way to locate them?

The Tornados didn't help either, as they got attacked by SA-6.

-Do I have to place the FOs at a special place, or just anywhere near enemy units?

Thanks,

John

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Regarding locating the enemy, it is actually nothing you have to "formally" do. It is simply a prerequisite to drop a FO team in a usefull position. The FO teams can be dropped anywhere. In order for them to call in artillery they need to be in the vincinity of a target (I think within 10 km, but I am not sure right now) and have a line of sight that is unobstructed by terrain. Of course you should be careful to not get too close to the assembly areas, as otherwise you will most likely get shot to pieces. At the southern end of the target area is a good spot of elevated terrain that works well for the FOs.

The Tornados will almost certainly be shot down, that is the fate of most recon planes in WWIII :) But it should be able to recon at least some targets to generate artillery fire missions before going down.

Okay thanks for your commen!

That makes sense. I flew zick-zack patterns into enemy terrain and "spotted" several groups. As I was on my way out I could see artilery explosions on the groups I have flown past earlier.

Also everything clear now about the FOs. I expected some sort of message where to place them, but it makes sense that you can deploy them at any location you want to spot enemies.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Our small group of players tried this mission recently and the artillery battery never fired any shells. We moved all 10 nuclear warheads to the artillery battery, placed FOs and called in the Tornado as well. While we certainly could have done something wrong, or did not complete a necessary step, we're wondering if updates to DCS World might have made the artillery script inoperable, i.e. broke it. :)

If anyone has flown this recently, what was your experience?

Speaking for myself, I do not have the ability to troubleshoot scripts as yet or I would be happy to have a look.

Thanks,

Paul