Notices

Old 10-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
Fifi

Reputation power: 2
Fifi will become famous soon enoughFifi will become famous soon enoughFifi will become famous soon enoughFifi will become famous soon enough
Default MI8 manual

Hi,

Is there any MI8 manual avalaible yet, as for BS2 or Huey?
Old 10-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 85
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

There are still major gaps in the Huey manual as well.
ASUS P8P67Pro B3, i7-2600K@4.4GHz, Noctua U9 Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, 250GB & 500GB Samsung, 2TB WD Caviar Black, ASUS GTX780 3GB, Creative XFi PCI, Corsair AX850 Pro, Samsung 40H6350 TV, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, Cougar MFDs, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel (P-51), Helios, and a really nice chair!
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
Beaver McFanny

Beaver McFanny will become famous soon enoughBeaver McFanny will become famous soon enoughBeaver McFanny will become famous soon enough

Quote "Think in Russian. You cannot think in English and transpose."
Asus Maximus VII Gene/i5 4690K @4.6Ghz/Evga GTX 680 4Gb watercooled/16Gb G-Skill 1600Mhz/2 x Corsair 128Gb ssd in Raid 0/1 x OCZ Revodrive 3 x2 480Gb/1 x Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb hd and 1 x WD Caviar 600 Gb hd/Corsair 750w psu/Corsair H80 cpu cooler/Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit/Corsair 500R case/Corsair K90 keyboard/Logitech G602 wireless mouse/Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog #17178/Saitek Pro Flight pedals/TrackIR 5/Samsung 46" Smart 3D LED screen/Samsung sound bar and sub.
Beaver McFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
nscode

Reputation power: 66
nscode is a splendid one to beholdnscode is a splendid one to beholdnscode is a splendid one to beholdnscode is a splendid one to beholdnscode is a splendid one to beholdnscode is a splendid one to beholdnscode is a splendid one to beholdnscode is a splendid one to beholdnscode is a splendid one to beholdnscode is a splendid one to beholdnscode is a splendid one to beholdnscode is a splendid one to behold

Or in Serbo-croatian

http://www.avijacijabezgranica.com/T...upht40/images/
Old 10-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
esb77

esb77 will become famous soon enoughesb77 will become famous soon enoughesb77 will become famous soon enoughesb77 will become famous soon enough

No Mi-8 DCS/Belsimtek manual yet as far as I know, though if you cut and paste the chapter on basic helicopter flight dynamics is the same for all of them.

In the Docs folder in the Mi-8 folder there is a REAL Mi-8/Mi-17 manual. It assumes that you are already an experienced medium/large turbine powered helicopter pilot and that you have been checked out on where controls are located either from other documentation or from being trained by an experienced Mi-8 operator. The translation from Russian can be a bit ambiguous as well especially for some of the technical terms used for labeling some of the charts/graphs. It's filled with good information, but much of it is not really very relevant for what a flight sim player needs to know, especially when first starting out on the Mi-8

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.
esb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #6
Fifi

Fifi will become famous soon enoughFifi will become famous soon enoughFifi will become famous soon enoughFifi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
There are still major gaps in the Huey manual as well.
Well, i never had such a complete plane manual in any simulation yet!
It might be some gaps here and there, but i'm not expert enough to find them anyway...

I found an MI8 quick startup PDF (wich was useful BTW), but i hope a complete MI8 manual will be released some future close day.
In English of course, but best for me would be in French! (i can always dream )

That makes me think i have to thanks whoever made the French BS2 manual!

Last edited by Fifi; 10-22-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:41 PM   #7
Fifi

Thanks Esb77 for your info
Didn't know about this doc folder.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #8
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 85
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Thanks Esb77 for your info
Didn't know about this doc folder.
They definitely will release a full manual and it will be in that Doc folder when it is ready. It's really part of what makes them DCS level aircraft. The A-10C manual is nearly 700 pages.
ASUS P8P67Pro B3, i7-2600K@4.4GHz, Noctua U9 Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, 250GB & 500GB Samsung, 2TB WD Caviar Black, ASUS GTX780 3GB, Creative XFi PCI, Corsair AX850 Pro, Samsung 40H6350 TV, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, Cougar MFDs, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel (P-51), Helios, and a really nice chair!
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
ZQuickSilverZ

Reputation power: 16
ZQuickSilverZ is a glorious beacon of lightZQuickSilverZ is a glorious beacon of lightZQuickSilverZ is a glorious beacon of lightZQuickSilverZ is a glorious beacon of lightZQuickSilverZ is a glorious beacon of lightZQuickSilverZ is a glorious beacon of lightZQuickSilverZ is a glorious beacon of lightZQuickSilverZ is a glorious beacon of lightZQuickSilverZ is a glorious beacon of lightZQuickSilverZ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Well, i never had such a complete plane manual in any simulation yet!
It might be some gaps here and there, but i'm not expert enough to find them anyway...

I found an MI8 quick startup PDF (wich was useful BTW), but i hope a complete MI8 manual will be released some future close day.
In English of course, but best for me would be in French! (i can always dream )

That makes me think i have to thanks whoever made the French BS2 manual!
Can you post a link to this quick startup PDF please.
"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.
ZQuickSilverZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #10
Cibit

Reputation power: 24
Cibit is a glorious beacon of lightCibit is a glorious beacon of lightCibit is a glorious beacon of lightCibit is a glorious beacon of lightCibit is a glorious beacon of lightCibit is a glorious beacon of lightCibit is a glorious beacon of lightCibit is a glorious beacon of lightCibit is a glorious beacon of lightCibit is a glorious beacon of light

You will have it with the module.
Located in your Drive/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Mods/Aircraft/Mi-8MTV/Docs

Link to Mad Tommys croped pdf for tablets
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Start%20EN.pdf
DELL 2407WFP
TM Warthog

Adding JTAC Guide // Zeus

Last edited by Cibit; 11-17-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Cibit is offline   Reply With Quote