Soul's Pit

AhSoul

Thought I'd start a thread on my own 'pit.

Basically it's an ABC, but I've modified it to fit a 20" LCD in the main panel along with mounting for TM MFDs. Also modified to get a centre stick using my TM HOTAS.

Painted the front section grey and the panel is covered in carbon fibre vinyl which I think looks quite nice :)

Now need to work on the rear section and make proper seat cushions!

393361396_2013-08-2621_19.45(1).thumb.jpg.3557bb0dd1bfeaa958013579f41ec1ca.jpg

1497837151_2013-08-1721_59_51.thumb.jpg.6d8860521ce595b880c4185a78f90e3d.jpg

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

Thanks guys! Spent a couple of hours re-doing my Helios layout last night to be more useful. So now have the CDU keypad on screen and some other stuff.

I've had to replace that 30" TV screen with a 22" monitor for the time being though as I need more resolution. Will replace with bigger monitor(s) later.

More photos to come as I work on the seat area as well :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

No the 30" was a 720p TV I had lying around. Thought it would give a nice FOV. But after you remove overscan the resolution left was something like 1280x650, which is terrible. The main menu of the game didn't even work properly.

My 22" has 1650x1050 so while being smaller everything is much, much clearer in the cockpit. I want to put 3 screens up at some point but need to save up for that :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

In my TV i adjust the overscan to fit the screen size but the resolution does not change. Make sure also change the TV to "Just Scan" on the aspect ratio selection, this should be done before, because you are likely to have to adjust the overscan after. Also are you using HDMI connection? I have to use a DVI to HDMI in order to be able to use both screens.

Stop it! :D

On the bright side, there is a support group, albeit, not a very effective one, full of people with the same affliction. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hehe :)

I think I need to finish the pit itself off first before working on switch panels - half is naked ugly MDF atm and I need to make a proper seat out of foam (I'm using garden chair cushions atm).

I've also got a cunning plan to mount the rear section on rollers so I can slide it back to get in then slide it all the way forward to be near the switchpanel ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

The pursuit of realism is a goal in itself, important to some and not to others.

I think you've got a really good set up. It puts the important stuff where you need it and lets you get into the game.

Totally agree with Mike, it looks great and I bet its a lot of fun to fly!

Real world pilot, budding virtual world hog driver...

My Build Thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1855253#post1855253

Thanks nobrot :)

I need to spend some building rather than playing, but really enjoying the game ATM!

I have not even figured out how to deploy weapons yet!, so I only fly now and again at the moment, I just cant get on with keyboards and flight sims, I will save all the flying and learning until the sim in state one!!

Real world pilot, budding virtual world hog driver...

My Build Thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1855253#post1855253