Notices

Old 09-20-2013, 02:33 AM   #1
Devrim
Veteran

Reputation power: 28
Devrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of light
Arrow [DCSW: Mi-8MTV2] English Cockpit Mod

Hi.

This mod provides full English labelled cockpit for DCS World: Mi-8MTV2

Please note that:
  • Until Belsimtek will release official English cockpit, I hope you'll enjoy with this.
  • I had trouble about translation of some words. So, some of them may not be appropriate, or I might have mistaken while typing. I'll be pleased if you see and feedback with correct translation.
  • Please, do not create mirror links of this mod!
I want to thank Skulleader and Toby23 for their supports.

DOWNLOAD: DCS World Mi-8MTV2 English Cockpit Mod v1.8b | Update: 02.13.2016 | (Compatible with DCS World v1.5 or higher)
ATTENTION: If you have installed earlier version of this mod, please remove it first!

You may also want to see;
DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Black Cockpit Mod
DCS: MI-8MTV2 Less Dirty Windows Mod
Thank you all, for reps and your kind words.
Best wishes...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Devrim_DCSWMi-8_englishcockpit_v1-1.jpg
Views:	4058
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	88616   Click image for larger version

Name:	Devrim_DCSWMi-8_englishcockpit_v1-2.jpg
Views:	2944
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	88617   Click image for larger version

Name:	Devrim_DCSWMi-8_englishcockpit_v1-3.jpg
Views:	2516
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	88618  

Name:	Devrim_DCSWMi-8_englishcockpit_v1-4.jpg
Views:	2305
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	88619   Click image for larger version

Name:	Devrim_DCSWMi-8_englishcockpit_v1-5.jpg
Views:	1911
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	88620   Click image for larger version

Name:	Devrim_DCSWMi-8_englishcockpit_v1-6.jpg
Views:	1798
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	88621  

Name:	Devrim_DCSWMi-8_englishcockpit_v1-7.jpg
Views:	2091
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	89049  

MY MODS | MY CONTROLLER PROFILE | HEADTRACKER DLL

Thanks ED. Now I'm a changelog addict!

Last edited by Devrim; 02-13-2016 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Update
Devrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:58 AM   #2
Spetz

Reputation power: 15
Spetz is just really niceSpetz is just really niceSpetz is just really niceSpetz is just really niceSpetz is just really niceSpetz is just really niceSpetz is just really niceSpetz is just really niceSpetz is just really nice

Good stuff! I don't have the Mi yet, but I'm sure there are several out there that will use this!

See, decide, attack, reverse -- Colonel Erich "Bubi" Hartmann

Alienware Aurora R4 with Win10, AMD HD7950, i7 3950k, 16gb RAM, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Razor 5.1 headphones, lots of other stuff
Spetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:07 AM   #3
Flagrum
Veteran

Reputation power: 25
Flagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of light

Awesome!

Can you make a variant with (dark)grey or black background for the panels? :o)
The author of this posting can not be held responsible for the content, the layout, the typography or colouring of the posting above. This is a beta version of the text and may not represent the final form of the author's thoughts. Everthing is subject to change.

Flagrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:29 AM   #4
GregP

Reputation power: 19
GregP is just really niceGregP is just really niceGregP is just really niceGregP is just really niceGregP is just really niceGregP is just really niceGregP is just really niceGregP is just really niceGregP is just really nice

Wow, incredible job! Just in time for the DCS sale tomorrow. Looking forward to trying it out this weekend if you release it!
i5-2500K @ 4.8 GHz / Asus P8P67 Pro / 16GB DDR3-1600 / 2xGTX 980 Ti 6GB / Sound Blaster Z / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / TrackIR5 / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFDs / CH Products Throttle Quadrant / X-Keys XK-80 / X-Keys Professional / Panasonic TC-58AX800U 58" 4K TV

DCS: A-10C Startup & Takeoff |DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Startup & Takeoff |
DCS: A-10C 5-Minute Startup on 4K Screen |
DCS on a 55" 4K TV | How to setup a T-shaped, 4-screen display
GregP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #5
MTFDarkEagle
Veteran

Reputation power: 150
MTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud of

YOU ARE MY HERO!!! I LOVE YOU!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 06:44 AM   #6
Devrim
Veteran

Reputation power: 28
Devrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of lightDevrim is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you so much guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrum View Post
...Can you make a variant with (dark)grey or black background for the panels? :o)
I want to be sure if I understand. You mean, like the labels right side in the last image?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregP View Post
...Looking forward to trying it out this weekend if you release it!
I'll do my best. If I can't, I'll release in any way and update it later when done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTFDarkEagle View Post
YOU ARE MY HERO!!! I LOVE YOU!!!
I love you too DarkEagle.

MY MODS | MY CONTROLLER PROFILE | HEADTRACKER DLL

Thanks ED. Now I'm a changelog addict!
Devrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #7
zaelu
Veteran

Reputation power: 29
zaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of light

Looking great!

Don't forget to make enough MIPs (if you use DDS files) so the edges and text won't flicker when viewed from normal FOV (wider).

Spoiler:

MoBo ASRock Z87 Pro3
CPU Intel Core i5 4670K 3.4GHz
RAM Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL8 Dual Channel Kit
VGA Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1 4GB DDR5
3xSSD drives 2xSSD Kingston 120GB SATA-III V300 and SSD Intel 160GB SATA-III A2M
FreeTrack Headtracking with 3point clip handmade and PS3 Eye camera
HOTAS Logitech G940 controller moded with BU0836 controller
Mouse Razer Mamba
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Laser Keyboard 6000
Monitor Benq 24" full HD
OS Win7 64 bit
zaelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:53 AM   #8
toby23

Reputation power: 22
toby23 is a glorious beacon of lighttoby23 is a glorious beacon of lighttoby23 is a glorious beacon of lighttoby23 is a glorious beacon of lighttoby23 is a glorious beacon of lighttoby23 is a glorious beacon of lighttoby23 is a glorious beacon of lighttoby23 is a glorious beacon of lighttoby23 is a glorious beacon of lighttoby23 is a glorious beacon of light

Looks great Devrim.
The only thing a label printer would do in real life is keep the spacing between the letters the same, when possible, especially for the titles of each set of switches.
If you correct that, I'll download this too, seeing as how I now own the Mi8 thanks to the sale!
If you need help with mipmaps ask me or zaelu.
Best,
Toby
Old 09-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #9
Gate-5

Reputation power: 5
Gate-5 is on a distinguished road

Very nice, thanks a lot. So now I know what system im switching on instead of just remembering the position of the switch
Gate-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #10
Flagrum
Veteran

Reputation power: 25
Flagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrim View Post
I want to be sure if I understand. You mean, like the labels right side in the last image?
Now I am not sure if I understand ... :o)

What I mean is, replacing the russian-style greenish-blue paint with a western-style grey paint (black might be a bit too dark as the "metal sheets" (is there a better word?) with the text printed on are already black).
The author of this posting can not be held responsible for the content, the layout, the typography or colouring of the posting above. This is a beta version of the text and may not represent the final form of the author's thoughts. Everthing is subject to change.

Flagrum is offline   Reply With Quote