[DCSW: Mi-8MTV2] English Cockpit Mod

Hi.

This mod provides full English labelled cockpit for DCS World: Mi-8MTV2

Please note that:

• Until Belsimtek will release official English cockpit, I hope you'll enjoy with this.
  • I had trouble about translation of some words. So, some of them may not be appropriate, or I might have mistaken while typing. I'll be pleased if you see and feedback with correct translation.
  • Please, do not create mirror links of this mod!

I want to thank Skulleader and Toby23 for their supports.

DOWNLOAD: DCS World Mi-8MTV2 English Cockpit Mod v1.9.5 | Updated: 09/2017

You may also want to see;

Thank you all, for reps and your kind words.

Best wishes...

:idiot:

Devrim_DCSWMi-8_englishcockpit_v1-1.thumb.jpg.7d40567b01e7e1bc05c363b61edeb193.jpg

Devrim_DCSWMi-8_englishcockpit_v1-2.thumb.jpg.20d58be6b0414eee97c1a341bae6bc0f.jpg

Devrim_DCSWMi-8_englishcockpit_v1-3.thumb.jpg.505f2de140b7c93472bddfe090ff8e33.jpg

Devrim_DCSWMi-8_englishcockpit_v1-4.thumb.jpg.abdfa7ac45862b20409c30d303c9433f.jpg

Devrim_DCSWMi-8_englishcockpit_v1-5.thumb.jpg.73385afbe80d52d6a2fd611ce9777991.jpg

Devrim_DCSWMi-8_englishcockpit_v1-6.thumb.jpg.37dfd164b1978d3386faa17a2498cb95.jpg

Devrim_DCSWMi-8_englishcockpit_v1-7.thumb.jpg.9bfc28c427e1475e7d4e59ceb3780d94.jpg

Edited by Devrim
Update
  • Like 26

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thank you so much guys. :)

...Can you make a variant with (dark)grey or black background for the panels? :o)
I want to be sure if I understand. You mean, like the labels right side in the last image?

...Looking forward to trying it out this weekend if you release it!
I'll do my best. If I can't, I'll release in any way and update it later when done.

YOU ARE MY HERO!!! I LOVE YOU!!!
I love you too DarkEagle. :lol: :beer:
  • Like 3

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Looking great! :beer:

Don't forget to make enough MIPs (if you use DDS files) so the edges and text won't flicker when viewed from normal FOV (wider).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Looks great Devrim.

The only thing a label printer would do in real life is keep the spacing between the letters the same, when possible, especially for the titles of each set of switches.

If you correct that, I'll download this too, seeing as how I now own the Mi8 thanks to the sale!

If you need help with mipmaps ask me or zaelu.

Best,

Toby

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

I want to be sure if I understand. You mean, like the labels right side in the last image?

Now I am not sure if I understand ... :o)

What I mean is, replacing the russian-style greenish-blue paint with a western-style grey paint (black might be a bit too dark as the "metal sheets" (is there a better word?) with the text printed on are already black).

keep the spacing between the letters the same, when possible, especially for the titles of each set of switches.

Do you mean "ANTI ICING SYSTEM" instead of "A N T I__I C I N G__S Y S T E M" (see first pic & ignore my underscores - forum sw reduces multiple spaces)? But that wider spacing is also used in the original cyrillic labels.

Edited by Flagrum

Well done Devrim, dont know what the previous post is on about, but great work, and thanks very much.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Thanks so much friends.

Yes - I'm aware of it; DDS files include mip-maps. It seems OK here while moving in the cockpit.

Thanks Toby; If what you mean is what Flagrum said, then I can say that, I place the labels on the original ones, and try to fit as possible as I can. If some words seem too stretched, I narrow it for better looking.

Thanks Toby; If what you mean is what Flagrum said, then I can say that, I place the labels on the original ones, and try to fit as possible as I can. If some words seem too stretched, I narrow it for better looking.

Hey Devrim,

Have a look here, this is the only photo that I could find of an english labelled mi8/17 cockpit.

Compare the APU STARTING label for example.

I guess Belsimtek's texture artist didn't try to make it 1:1 like the original.

I can't see this spacing either on the original Russian Mil Mi-8 here and here.

It's entirely possible that the model that they photographed was labelled differently but we'll never know unless they post some cockpit photos.

Your mod looks great but I'm a real life pilot (PPL) and the spacing would make it harder for me to find what I need quickly in the cockpit, using latin letters.

For sure, as a pilot, you know what all the switches do but your brain recognises certain patterns of letters and groups of letters unconciously.

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

Thanks for all kind words people. Thank you so much. :)

...I just wait for an English User's Manual now ! :D
I'm writing it right now. :megalol: :music_whistling: :joystick:

Hey Devrim,

Have a look here, this is the only photo that I could find of an english labelled mi8/17 cockpit.

Compare the APU STARTING label for example.

I guess Belsimtek's texture artist didn't try to make it 1:1 like the original.

I can't see this spacing either on the original Russian Mil Mi-8 here and here.

It's entirely possible that the model that they photographed was labelled differently but we'll never know unless they post some cockpit photos.

Your mod looks great but I'm a real life pilot (PPL) and the spacing would make it harder for me to find what I need quickly in the cockpit, using latin letters.

For sure, as a pilot, you know what all the switches do but your brain recognises certain patterns of letters and groups of letters unconciously.

Oh OK. You're right, I get it now. OK, it doesn't take time - I'll fix it.

Thank you Toby; much appreciated! :)

• Like 1

Hello everybody,

Hello dear Devrim how are you ?

I would like to tell you that you are a real ARTIST !!!

I'm a great fan of your work and your Mods, now this future cockpit in English is incredible.

The Russian version is very cool but it's very hard to read the Russian language, with your English version everything seem more easy and understandable...

Dear Devrim I would like to thank you for your great effort and your talent.

Bye my friend and best regards, Skull.