[REPORTED]TU_SMTHN BURNER

nr1jc

Millions of lines of code tase. I am sure if you were ever a part of this million line code team you would better understand. Yet maybe not!?.........And to mention some simple app. you were part of wouldn't touch the Simulator you are so Obsessive compulsive about. glad the DCS team isn't in your mental state. No pun intended.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I would be ASHAMED....

Awwww Diddums!!

Please search the relevant sub-forum prior to starting new threads - all you do is clutter the forums by reporting issues already reported:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=112868

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

it's been reported, threads merged.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Millions of lines of code tase. I am sure if you were ever a part of this million line code team you would better understand. Yet maybe not!?.........And to mention some simple app. you were part of wouldn't touch the Simulator you are so Obsessive compulsive about. glad the DCS team isn't in your mental state. No pun intended.

I have to admit: I'm not familiar with a commercial million-lines-of-code software project team that:

* did not/made ineffectual use of (some form of) regression testing, as evidenced by the large crop of bugs introduced with each new release.

* did not have an effective testing/QA team, as evidenced by regular releases of serious issues that are obious after five minutes of use of the software.

* kept on adding (buggy) features and did not fix (well) known issues.

* did not provide some form of bug tracking system to it's customers/uses. No, this forum is not a viable bug TRACKER and is marginal in a bug REPORTING role.

But then again, judging by the massive creative effort spent towards renaming APA-50 to APA-5D or reworking the touchdown smoke, I guess that even Google's legions of geniuses would have difficulties finding enough time for testing and validating such a complex piece of logic.

To finish: I don't know if you guys remember FFE aka Frontier First Encounters aka Elite 3: it had A LOT LESS issues than DCS:world and back then (1995) was universally considered unfinished and a failure. Had it been released today, it would probably have even more bugs, two thirds of the ships would be available for purchase as add-ons and the "main quest" would be split in three parts (*a trilogy") also to be released & purchased some time after, it would have in-game advertising, it would feature crippling DRM that would render it almost unplayable (thankfully not something I can really blame on DCS) and STILL there would be countless online fora where zealots would spew bullshit like that "millions of lines of code" quote above at anyone having something even remotely negative to say about it. If you don't believe me check out that smoldering pile that is Rail Simulator/Railworks 20xx. Thousands $$$ worth of addons (all broken in various ways) on Steam, version 13 something last time I checked and multiple unit locos are STILL not working properly. After SIX years! But just you try and complain about that on the forums!

I don't know if it's Stockholm syndrome or masochism but it sure is sad.

Rant over.

• ED Team

Please take your soap box out of here, this thread is for bugs on the Tu-22 that was given a new model to us for free....

I have to admit: I'm not familiar with a commercial million-lines-of-code software project team that:

* did not/made ineffectual use of (some form of) regression testing, as evidenced by the large crop of bugs introduced with each new release.

* did not have an effective testing/QA team, as evidenced by regular releases of serious issues that are obious after five minutes of use of the software.

* kept on adding (buggy) features and did not fix (well) known issues.

* did not provide some form of bug tracking system to it's customers/uses. No, this forum is not a viable bug TRACKER and is marginal in a bug REPORTING role.

But then again, judging by the massive creative effort spent towards renaming APA-50 to APA-5D or reworking the touchdown smoke, I guess that even Google's legions of geniuses would have difficulties finding enough time for testing and validating such a complex piece of logic.

To finish: I don't know if you guys remember FFE aka Frontier First Encounters aka Elite 3: it had A LOT LESS issues than DCS:world and back then (1995) was universally considered unfinished and a failure. Had it been released today, it would probably have even more bugs, two thirds of the ships would be available for purchase as add-ons and the "main quest" would be split in three parts (*a trilogy") also to be released & purchased some time after, it would have in-game advertising, it would feature crippling DRM that would render it almost unplayable (thankfully not something I can really blame on DCS) and STILL there would be countless online fora where zealots would spew bullshit like that "millions of lines of code" quote above at anyone having something even remotely negative to say about it. If you don't believe me check out that smoldering pile that is Rail Simulator/Railworks 20xx. Thousands $$$ worth of addons (all broken in various ways) on Steam, version 13 something last time I checked and multiple unit locos are STILL not working properly. After SIX years! But just you try and complain about that on the forums!

I don't know if it's Stockholm syndrome or masochism but it sure is sad.

Rant over.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Please take your soap box out of here, this thread is for bugs on the Tu-22 that was given a new model to us for free....

Are you implying that free equals low quality?

Make it for money, then. Though I doubt that would change anything, seeing the endless changelogs for A-10A, FC3, etcetera.

• ED Team

No I am implying your giant rant that DCS has bugs makes no sense when any other piece of software out there has some form of bugs, many that dont even receive the patches and updates that DCS World does. The fact they also update and add new content to the free parts of the game, made a small coding error and you jump down their throats seems a little ungrateful.... At any rate if OT posts keep landing here I will start removing them, thanks.

Are you implying that free equals low quality?

Make it for money, then. Though I doubt that would change anything, seeing the endless changelogs for A-10A, FC3, etcetera.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

There's two "bugs" on tupolev&Co which were unmatched yet.

1°- Aileron deploying animation of the Kh22 Antiship missile is inverted or simply missing .

2fd61aa1-a940-45df-a553-ac2baed73280.jpg

2°- Landing lights looks kinda weird from the front bottom.

ed07bee7-8800-4c3c-871f-e2284f06c3e6.jpg

Cheers

Edited by katkatman

• 2 weeks later...