Notices

Old 09-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
galevsky06

Reputation power: 4
galevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the rough
Default [Tool] DCS Cleaner

Hello,

I developped a small tool to clean up the DCS-related content: DCS Cleaner

When you fly, a lot of files are generated and you loose free space for files that you just want to delete for most of them.
For screenshots, you can choose between "keep last month/week files" and "delete all". But only files in the root directory of screenshots are deleted, so if you have ./anyFolder/*.jpg content, they won't be deleted.

I will publish it soon with automated installer, if useful to others. (freeware of course)

I have a question: is it a problem if I re-use the DCS original Icon:

Last edited by galevsky06; 09-05-2013 at 03:49 PM.
galevsky06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
hreich

Reputation power: 12
hreich is a jewel in the roughhreich is a jewel in the roughhreich is a jewel in the roughhreich is a jewel in the roughhreich is a jewel in the roughhreich is a jewel in the rough

please do pusblish it..i just recently learned about automated saved track files that clog my hdd space

Pilot from Croatia
hreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
galevsky06

galevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the rough

Everything is ready but the story about icon

I was very surprised too the day I discovered that many Go were taken by Acmi files and DCS tracks
Old 09-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
BIGNEWY
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 27
BIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to all

This will be a handy tool

thanks galevsky06
Windows 7 Pro x64, NVIDIA Zotac GTX 770 4gb, AMD FX 8350 @4ghz ( Cooled by H40 ), 12GB DDR3 , Asus M5A78L-M/USB3, x2 60gb ssd, TM Warthog, Saitek rudder pedals, TIR5, Trackclip pro, x3 19" lcd @3940x1024, x2 100w Tactile transducers

Troubleshooting - EDWiki - 9th Shrek Air Strike Squadron
BIGNEWY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
=GR=VAGGOS

Reputation power: 3
=GR=VAGGOS is on a distinguished road

EXCELLENT TOOL!!!!

Waiting forward for download link

When you fly always check your six...Behind you there are GREEKS!
=GR=VAGGOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
St3v3f

St3v3f has a spectacular aura aboutSt3v3f has a spectacular aura aboutSt3v3f has a spectacular aura aboutSt3v3f has a spectacular aura aboutSt3v3f has a spectacular aura aboutSt3v3f has a spectacular aura about

Don't forget C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS

But good stuff
Old 09-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #7
galevsky06

To find what kind of files St3v3f ?
Old 09-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #8
TimeKilla

Reputation power: 15
TimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of lightTimeKilla is a glorious beacon of light

Good stuff will look into this tool later.
TimeKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
Rincevent

Reputation power: 2
Rincevent will become famous soon enoughRincevent will become famous soon enoughRincevent will become famous soon enough

Looking forward to this
Old 09-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #10
Python

Reputation power: 11
Python is just really nicePython is just really nicePython is just really nicePython is just really nicePython is just really nicePython is just really nicePython is just really nicePython is just really nice

Looks handy to me as long as it's SSD friendly?