Top 10 Must Have Mods for DCS and A10

There are lots of amazing mods, Diveplanes sound mods and Rickardos cockpits comes to mind, but this one is the only one I'd say you really have to have.

The ability to distinguish between threats by sound is sadly lacking in the original game, this mod fixes that.

Is the Rockweller's DTAC mod available in JSGME format?

It doesn't lend itself to posting in a JSGME ready form, as it requires inserting files into zip archives which JSGME cannot do.

I have a set of modified zip files that I use with JSGME but the whole package is nearly 1 GB, which makes it too large for many distribution methods. The mod also includes an optional files selection for snow on the trees or not, which further complicates matters.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Badger, from the notes in the rar file

unpack the files and put the .dds file of your choice into the "A_10C_C_EDM_TEX.zip" wich is located in "DCS A-10C\Bazar\A-10C\Model\Textures"

EDIT: Sorry, it now Mods/aircrafts/A-10C/Cockpit/Resources/Model/Tesxtures/A-10C_C_EDM_TEX

Les

Edited by mr_mojo97
  • Like 1

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Effetto ERBA By Taker of News3d and Italia Mod V3

Dont bother since T@ker is not willing to provide a download link unless your some sort of vipmember.

Quote Taker from Italian part of the forum :

"No public release sorry.

Download is only for N3D Vip Members."

Really dont get why people wanna keep stuff for themselfs and not let others enjoy. But hey its his choice :noexpression:

g8PjVMw.png

All mods mentioned earlier are great and they make DCS great place to spare your free time.

...but the most importand modification for me is to make some personal touch in all your cockpits. It makes your cockpit look like YOUR cockpit, not SOME cockpit :thumbup:

Screen_130509_131310.thumb.jpg.4688d300409b8add8f817690ed1b361a.jpg

Edited by Suchacz

Dont bother since T@ker is not willing to provide a download link unless your some sort of vipmember.

Quote Taker from Italian part of the forum :

"No public release sorry.

Download is only for N3D Vip Members."

Really dont get why people wanna keep stuff for themselfs and not let others enjoy. But hey its his choice :noexpression:

It is not difficult to do 30 post, or just participate in discussions following each other in News3d ... is little more than sign up.

Truthfully, if a person is interested in the mod does not struggle to reach this small lens and I assure you that once you start to write, and compare yourself to participate in initiatives of this group of modders, you won't be able to stay away unless you actively participate in News3d.

In the future you will see the sensational mod from this Group!

Edited by Gaanalma

[sIGPIC]index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17112.0;attach=7646;image[/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

but the most important modification for me is to make some personal touch in all your cockpits. It makes your cockpit look like YOUR cockpit, not SOME cockpit :thumbup:

Couldn't agree more. All of C company of the 229th have personalized Huey's :)

Screen_131104_130639_zps03f55ca0.jpg~original

By the way;

Rocky's DTAC Terrain & Trees in JSGME format

My Villages Mod in JSGME format

PeterP's reduced UH-1H panel shake in JSGME format for 1.2.7.23097

PeterP's HDR, SweetFX and Mustangs clouds pack in JSGME format

NVG Mod in JSGME format

Edited by Highwayman-Ed
updated mods to 1.2.7.23097 compatibility

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Badger, from the notes in the rar file

unpack the files and put the .dds file of your choice into the "A_10C_C_EDM_TEX.zip" wich is located in "DCS A-10C\Bazar\A-10C\Model\Textures"

EDIT: Sorry, it now Mods/aircrafts/A-10C/Cockpit/Resources/Model/Tesxtures/A-10C_C_EDM_TEX

Les

That's the info I was looking for , thank you .

• 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I'm here to resurrect an old thread. I'm sure that time has changed lots of things. What are the new must have mods for A-10C and DCS? Also for VR?

1. I have the A-10C cockpit labels mod to make reading the text easier in VR.

2. I picked up Mustang's terrain textures mod, but haven't tried it out yet.

3. I also picked up the spotting mod for VR users.

What else to improve the realism, performance, etc? I'm not interested in any "cheat" mods.

TIA

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast