Anapa airbase invasion

* * * ANAPA AIRBASE * * *

A multi player mission with 8 Task Forces.

2015.01.04.134 - DCSW 1.2.14

USA needs a Russian airport as a strategic position. Free Anapa-Vityazevo from Russion occupation. Russian air defenses are in RED alert and SA-10 batteries are deployed. Unfortunately, due to a defect, Russian airdefenses are limited operational.

Featuring:

Realistic combat scenario with anti-ship tactics, near Anapa airbase; Dynamic spawing of units based on players behavior; USA NAVY performing SEAD attacks to ANAPA with F-18; 8 Taskforces completing their mission within this battlefield; Re-deployment of troops using the MI-8 or UH-1H helicopters and activate air defenses; Rescue missions with the MI-8 from an oil platform; Take coverage from nearby SAM installations within the mountains, on your way to Anapa from the south with an F-15C; Destroy SAM installation with SU-25T, A-10C and A-10A planes.

The NATO forces use ship and helicopter infantry forces to deploy infantry troops at random locations within the battle field. From the South, the only airbase still in USA control is Guadata. F-15C and A-10A and 1-10C squadrons are still operational. Russia as a large SAM defense system deployed in the hills between Gudauta and Anapa. CCCP forces have 6 Su-34 planes (3 squadrons) located near Krymsk. The 3 Su-34 squadrons will request your coordination for effective attack. They can be controlled using the radio command menu (F10) to coordinate the ship attacks. Additionally, in Anapa, two Tu-22M3 planes are still armed with KH-22 missiles to blast the Vinson away. The attack must be well orchestrated for mission success.

~~~

IMPORTANT: Take your time and read the briefing pages and the pictures. You must select a unit of a coalition and fly, to see the briefing pictures!

Have fun!

Link:

* * * BLUE BRIEFING (NATO) * * *

DPfByS.jpg BQiJNk.jpg

rGmGHH.jpg 6ZYod3.jpg

Hr8jeZ.jpg 19ajkC.jpg

* * * RED BRIEFING (CCCP) * * *

sXEdxU.jpg C2meub.jpg

MELF60.jpg pd9MMZ.jpg

CTy6gQ.jpg kR7eJC.jpg

* * * SITUATION * * *

zCW8iH.jpg Zrof1x.jpg

* * * CARGO INSTRUCTIONS * * *

QOm3N8.jpg nRfZm7.jpg

ScQTmJ.jpg EuWORW.jpg

Have fun, Sven

Edited by FlightControl
Version 2014.05.14.075

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

In short,

- music: extraordinarily interesting (if it is

used carefully and not in an endless loop). Reminds me of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

- pictures: very good (i like the realistic images). unfortunately the both briefing texts are difficult to read, but it looks good though.

- mission file = 72000 lines. Wow, that is no small thing.

- As a general rule, the bigger the miz-file the better and more intersting the mission. I like realistic missions, so i dont care about the file-sizes.

- the subject (destruction of the Carl Vinston etc.) is is well-chosen.

- wind speeds are all = 0 m/s, which is not realistic. Turbulence only on ground. Why not at 2000m or 8000m?

i have only looked into the files but haven't played it yet.

Edited by xentxo

I have updated the mission to version 2013.08.10.006. I'll keep it online the rest of the day on my machine... (No dedicated server (yet)). Have fun!

Take care of your graphics card settings, frames can be greatly improved if you put medium details and HDR off.

Note, that I've put a post regarding the KH-31P/A missiles, because they are ineffective, it seems. I'll post a track of these in that post.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=111222

Any further feedback would be highly appreciated.

Ohhh, and before i forget, there was a guy flying the UH-1H Huey. And he was complaining that he had no transport with him, and no soldiers to deploy. Am i missing something here?

And sometimes, my server crashes. No clear reason why. It just stops working. How to debug?

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

We will give it a go mate!

I do see your first problem though, 5.17MB is a BIIIGGG file for MP. Have a look at that. Maybe you ban make some audio or JPG files smaller.

Cheers

Midnite

Okay, done that. I'll be soon posting an upgrade.

I've now also relayed in my new upgrade the F18s moving north from the carrier, attacking and guarding the invasion the first half hour...

Do you know why planes drop their ordonnance when a sam is pointed to them?

This is not a mission for novices, i think to be honest.

[/TABLE]

In short,

- music: extraordinarily interesting (if it is

used carefully and not in an endless loop). Reminds me of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

- pictures: very good (i like the realistic images). unfortunately the both briefing texts are difficult to read, but it looks good though.

- mission file = 72000 lines. Wow, that is no small thing.

- As a general rule, the bigger the miz-file the better and more intersting the mission. I like realistic missions, so i dont care about the file-sizes.

- the subject (destruction of the Carl Vinston etc.) is is well-chosen.

- wind speeds are all = 0 m/s, which is not realistic. Turbulence only on ground. Why not at 2000m or 8000m?

i have only looked into the files but haven't played it yet.

Thanks for the reply. However, music seems to be embedded in the mission file, and makes it large...

Thanks for the appreciation on the pictures. I have updated the characters now, so that they appear more brighter. See updated version.

It is a hell of a job to destroy the Carl Vinson. Really. How to destroy a ship efficiently??? These anti-ship missiles are very ineffective, and i am sure that there is a bug in DCS around these missiles.

I'll check the wind speeds...

[/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Version 2013.10.07.021 uploaded.

Version history:

- Running on DCS World 1.2.6.18651

- Delayed FA-18C taking off early from carrier, as they were shooting down AWACS when taking off at start of the mission.

- Finally got it working all. SU34 planes are now spawned dynamically, and follow the correct route.

- All planes follow a dynamic route to the target.

- Updated MIST 3.1 to have correct airplane, helicopter spawning, including fixes for weapons, livery, attack tasks, routes. Finally i got it working.

- DCS World 1.2.6 is unstable, so appologies of the crashes.

- Revised the music

- Gave US AI unit specific search and engage tasks for CAS.

- Added MI-8MTV2 client departing from Anapa.

- Changed speed of US Infantry

- Removed ground forces from Russia ground defenses, because it was very slow to move them over the map.

- Removed path for Northern ships, so that they are stable.

- DCS Version 1.2.6

You can download the new mission on the first post.

Sven

[/TABLE]

Upgraded to version 1.2.6.19532. See first post to download the latest version of the mission. Use medium settings if the mission is too demanding from your system.

kind regards,

Sven

[/TABLE]

Just want to say a massive thanks for the effort that has went into building this mission.

Sadly in the games current state it is borderline unplayable (on my system at least) but I'm really looking forward to the near future when DCS is stable enough to run missions like this!

Keep up the good work Sven!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;1915468']Just want to say a massive thanks for the effort that has went into building this mission.

Sadly in the games current state it is borderline unplayable (on my system at least) but I'm really looking forward to the near future when DCS is stable enough to run missions like this!

Keep up the good work Sven!

Wauw! Thank you Maverick for the appreciation.

I started with this mission during the summer, and it has ... grown ...

One thing that really helps with performance, is to put your graphics texture settings to "Medium". All the rest can stay "High".

It really will increase FPS and also these annoying hangups when it load textures when planes explode etc, and it really does not have a big impact on the graphics quality.

As you will have seen, the mission runs "balanced" for Red and Blue. One of the things i will work on in the future, is to "level" the amount of units active and players log into this mission.

Another thing to be worked on, is that when planes land on airports, or get destroyed, i want them in certain zones or at certain airports to be deinstantiated. It will prevent airports from stopping normal operation and also will increase playability in terms of performance.

You must have noticed the scripting... Indeed. I also had to revise the MIST 3.1 version to Ensure all was working properly.

I have a second mission ready like this, because i want to build a campaign.

Sven

[/TABLE]

• 1 month later...

Updated to version 041.

Major outline of changes:

1. I listened to the feedback, so i reduced the number of ground forces. Also AI planes are not flying in group anymore. Performance has been significantly improved.

2. Dynamic spawing of aircraft is now done properly.

3. Route points are calculated at random, so you don't know where the enemy is coming from exactly...

4. Infrantry troops are deployed by USA ground units once they approach the Anapa airbase. This is major fun.

5. Updated the mission briefing text.

6. Have put some more logging in the mission to allow proper debugging of the lua scripts.

7. I've done extensive testing on the anti-ship missiles. It will take multiple waves of Su34 planes to kill all those ships. Use the wave wisely!

The mission will be live from time to time on my home server as the

:=- Antwerp DCS Server -=:

Try it out and tell me what you think.

For an unidentified reason, this mission sometimes crashes at random on my server. I really don't know why this happens. I've tested now in open beta 1.2.7 and the same crashes. Find extensive logging details on the open beta crash logging forum threads. You can be of assistance by running this mission on your server, and please try also to identify the causes.

Version history information:

- Increased Infantry coming in from the North

- Infantry vehicles carry a lot of personnel, especially the APC LVTP-7 which carries 25 additional infantry to be released upon arrival.

- Other infantry is released upon arrival for the other Northen Units.

- Added armour on the Russia side for additional ground defenses.

- Revised logic of the planes. Logic now uses the parent ... operator to identify the group reaching the waypoint action or command event through the menus.

- The status board now reflects only the planes being alive.

- Added a status for planes taking off from the airbase.

- Please reaching waypoint one will go into orbit until further instructions received. The status board will reflect planes being in orbit until further instructions.

- Revised attack logic to identify groups through groupName.

- Modified menu path so that no more than 4 active Su34 planes can be given a command.

- Upgraded to MIST 3.2.

- The Su-34 anti-ship team are now a squadron of 4 to sink the Vinson, a lot of kh-31A or Kh-31P are required to sink a carrier. I've removed the escoring frigates on the Vinson to provide more sinking potential.

- Upgrade to 1.2.7 Open Beta for massive testing

- Su-25T as AFAC. AFAC on helicopters don't work, it seems.

- Bug in DCS World wit helicopter AI having AFAC tasks, not engaging targets with smoke rockets. Have changed to Su-25T dropping smoke rockets. Hope Eagle fixes this helicopter bug, so i can model this mission as i intended from the start...

- Added for Mi-8 a rescue mission for the workers.

- Listened to feedback. Removed the tanks from the Russian defenses. They are too heavy and don't allow to helicopters of the US invasion force to have fun.

- Added dynamic weather.

- Added blue deployment team in the north.

- New spawing function that dynamically limits the amount of units being spawned. This has had a positive effect on performance. I listened to the feedback given on the forum. Also, i changed the group configurations, and the crashes are gone!

- Dynamic unload of troops from ground vehicles of USA infantry when approaching the battle zone.

- DCS World version 1.2.6.19532

- FA-18C CAS missions. FA-18C got mavericks.

- Su-34 anti-ship attack works again. Due to a change at DCS, anti-ship missiles are now much more effective.

- Changed path of many airplanes.

- Frequency of departure is at random for Su-34.

- Running on DCS World 1.2.6.18651

- Delayed FA-18C taking off early from carrier, as they were shooting down AWACS when taking off at start of the mission.

- Finally got it working all. SU34 planes are now spawned dynamically, and follow the correct route.

- All planes follow a dynamic route to the target.

- Updated MIST 3.1 to have correct airplane, helicopter spawning, including fixes for weapons, livery, attack tasks, routes. Finally i got it working.

- DCS World 1.2.6 is unstable, so appologies of the crashes.

- Revised the music

- Gave US AI unit specific search and engage tasks for CAS.

- Added MI-8MTV2 client departing from Anapa.

- Changed speed of US Infantry

- Removed ground forces from Russia ground defenses, because it was very slow to move them over the map.

- Removed path for Northern ships, so that they are stable.

- DCS Version 1.2.6

- Had a bug in one of my scripts causing a serious lag after switch 31 was on... Have removed the bug, which would appear after about half an hour to an hour of playtime.

- Reduced KA-50 and F-15E spawning frequency.

- Crashes seem to be fixed now. Server was live for more than 3 hours without a crash.

- Reduced MI-24v AFAC and changed to KA-50 AFAC.

- Changed F-15E path.

- I get misterious server crashes in multi-player mode, want to know why. Switched off g-force switch in mission editor, and also the switch to use settings in all missions, because i learned from the form that when that switch is turned on, all players would get the same settings as the multiplayer server.

- Spawning of aircraft has been greatly improved. Everything is scripted (almost everything...). All helicopters and airplanes are spawned dynamically based on group templates in the mission.

- Random planes are departing from 3 airbases at random time intervals.

- Grouped the Rusian SA-15s. SAMs were shooting all over the place when not grouped. Now firing will be coordinated.

- Added Russian artillery at airbase for fireworks.

- Automatic unit spawning based on users joining AND flying. Users jumping from one aircraft into the other will not spawn units from the other side. Timers will also spawn planes. As a result, difficulty will depend on amount of users joining. The more users, the more fun it is to play. Added zones around airbases for spawing. Only users flying out the zone, will spawn airplanes from the opposite side.

- Updated briefing messages for all units when joining the game.

- "SA-10" message removed. Was disturbing during play.

- Removed status updates for Su-34 planes that are not flying. (Text is now minimized.)

- Added USA F-15E for ground attack assistance based on RED airbase from the North. Waves are coordinated based on players behaviour. It has been shown that when attacking SAM sites from 2 different locations, the SAMs get "confused".

- Delayed USA infantry with x time. They invaded too fast.

- FA/18 USA defense will defend first the northen sector.

- Added KA-50 and UH-1H to depart from coast after 20 time, while landing the ground troups.

- Ships will leave northern position to support ships in the east. (If not destroyed).

- F-15C will defend agaist SU-34, Su-30 and Su-27 attacks in the southern west...

- Changed music

- Added more red tanks, standby for enforcements by Ground Commanders.

- Added Su-27 Ground Attack with bombs

- Added Su-25T Ground Attack for defense from the North

- Added Enforced barracks and watch towers

- Added armoured tanks in US attack squadrons

- UH-1H helicopters are providing air cover for tanks for air resistance.

- Replaced static bunkers with AAA Shilkas for fireworks.

- Su-34 airplanes are holding weapons, in orbit at hold points = Waypoint 1, until instructions have been received to attack ships.

- Removed txt messages when a unit is activated.

- Added the option respawn for more fun.

- Updated mission reset

- Updated the briefing pictures so that text is more clear.

- Updated score table

- Su-34 must fire to boats, not run away ...

- Optimized menu structure

- Added dashboard with time indication

- Removed time triggers

- Added Music Reset

- Added 3 client planes A-10C, A-10A for USA each.

- Tweak radar. SA-10 engaging too early. Added zone.

- Added sound...

I'll edit the first post where i will update the mission.

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Wombat and I had a go with this on his server flying first F15's and then Su-27's

Great fun with a lot of air to air action.

The only issue I had with it was when I shot down a plane, the script said I "killed a building".

And when flying the Su-27 and tasked with ordering the Carrier strike, the Su34's didn't appear to know where the carrier was located. They appeared to be heading for targets on the coast instead of out to sea.

Thank you for making a fun mission! :thumbup:

Wombat and I had a go with this on his server flying first F15's and then Su-27's

Great fun with a lot of air to air action.

Thanks guy for the nice feedback. I've put significant work in this mission indeed... Also a lot of trial and error with scripting, but i'm learning and the mission and scripts have much improved since the summer when i started...

And when flying the Su-27 and tasked with ordering the Carrier strike, the Su34's didn't appear to know where the carrier was located. They appeared to be heading for targets on the coast instead of out to sea.
A small hint. You may not be aware of the 'F10' menu options. I've programmed as such that the Su-34 planes can be directed towards the ships for attack. They will orbit under Anapa until they have received your orders. How to command them:

Go to the "menu" while having joined the Russian Federation defenses. It is the same menu key like the one you use for take-off and landing while you communicate with the ATC or with the ground forces.

On the main menu, you'll notice a small 'F10' option. It can be that you're not on the main menu when you see the menu optioni 'F11' to go to the previous menu... When you select F10, you now get a list of teh Su-34 anti-ship planes in the air. Note that Su-34 planes must have taken off, and must be orbiting, or you won't see the plane in the list. Select one of the planes, and in the next menu you can select wether you want to attack the Vison, the ships in the North, or the ships in the West. You can also cancel attack and RTB, or hold weapons... This will help killing the ships.

It will take a while before the Su-34 planes will know the location of the carrier and also, you'll need to command them sometimes twice... (something to do with line of sight and sensors in the Su-34).

The only issue I had with it was when I shot down a plane, the script said I "killed a building".

May i ask you, how did that message look like? Was it an error?

Thank you for making a fun mission! :thumbup:
The pleasure is all mine...

Did you have any crashes and for how long did your mission run, and on what version of DCS did you run?

kind regards,

Sven

[/TABLE]

:thumbup: Had a great morning flying your map/missions thankyou for allowing us to download,If this is your first map I for one cant wait for further updates, thanks again regards Wombat and Klunker :)

pssst. little secret, i am indeed working on another one... with helicopter transports (read helicopters) deploying troops at random locations .... the second version of the campaign. No ships here, but lots of ground units and helicopters.

Do you guys fly helicopters?

[/TABLE]

T

A small hint. You may not be aware of the 'F10' menu options. I

It will take a while before the Su-34 planes will know the location of the carrier and also, you'll need to command them sometimes twice... (something to do with line of sight and sensors in the Su-34).

May i ask you, how did that message look like? Was it an error?

The pleasure is all mine...

Did you have any crashes and for how long did your mission run, and on what version of DCS did you run?

kind regards,

Sven

Yes Sven, I was aware of the F10 function but I only ordered them ONCE and perhaps that is the problem.

Also, I was playing it on DCS version 1.2.6 which may also be a problem.

Because the strike packages just orbited, and didn't move on toward their target my cpu experienced a slow down when I got near the large orbiting group of bombers. Other than that, it seemed pretty stable considering how much action is going on.

The "KILLED a building" notification was not an error per say, it was the normal kill notification one gets when one destroys a plane, only instead of stating what was destroyed, it says 'building".

Yes, we do on occasion fly the helo's, but for now we've been learning the FC3 aircraft

Thanks again

Edited by Klunker

• 3 months later...

Find my latest version of this mission attached.

It runs stable now under 1.2.8 beta latest update in a multi player environment. My apologies for people having previously joined my server and this mission (under version 1.2.6 and 1.2.7) and were repeatedly kicked out due to my server constantly crashing.

Another significant improvement is that now in version 1.2.8 beta, newly instantiated units (by the addGroup command), are now also VISIBLE on the map for clients. This was not the case before due to either bugs within MIST or within the simulator engine. This is important for CA commanders to execute their work.

I got this morning 7 clients on this mission, and the mission ran perfectly for 2 hours without any crash...

The following changes were conducted:

- Upgraded to MIST 3.3, but had to do a few changes to the MIST logic in order to get my scripts working... See my posts on the MIST thread...

- implemented a script where helicopters are deploying troops from the supply ships and airbase supplies.

- added the Mi-8 mission to rescue workers from the oil rigs.

- and various smaller improvements.

Change Log:

2014.04.20 v059

- Moved SA-10 nearer to the airport.

- Fog of war

2014.04.13 v058

- Removed Illumination

- Ships approaching from south west

- Russia Helicopter defense AI has been sharpened

- Airport take-off also for USA planes

- Su-25 drop illumination bombs

- Added kuznetov and Su-33.

- Naval helicopters fly home when ships are destroyed.

- Ships fire at Anapa from the sea.

- Mi-26 transport helicopters deploying Russian defenses in the battlefield.

Enjoy this mission and I am eager to hear from your experiences.

kind regards,

Sven

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man ! I M A BIG FAN OF YOU !!!! was trying to get hold of this and searching for it for a long time finally got it :D... Please keep making this kind of missions forever !... MAN I M EXCITED ! ... I was just playing on your server when it went down. I think you were "Inspector" and my nick was well hehehehe can't tell here... Anyway man great work with this mission.

Because i m a busy man I need this kind of missions full of action and fast paced mission objectives. Me myself love to make missions really want to learn from you this scripting stuff ....

Man really you should start a channel in YouTube about making complex missions like this... really bro keep it up.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by FlankerNation

FlankerNation,

In that case i'll post here my latest version of this mission. This is the one we were playing before my server crashed (again).

Can you help me pls. Can you also start this mission on your machine and just let it run for 2 hours. Do you get a crash?

Sven

Anapa Invasion - 2014.05.05.069.miz

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

FlankerNation,

In that case i'll post here my latest version of this mission. This is the one we were playing before my server crashed (again).

Can you help me pls. Can you also start this mission on your machine and just let it run for 2 hours. Do you get a crash?

Sven

As I have limited time to play I will try my best to host also because I don't know with fc2 I can host easily but with DCS world i have tried everything to host a Server and successful yet.

Let me try today and see.... :joystick:

OK... I have ran the mission so here my results. First of this is my machine spec which is not very high :

1st Generation Quad Core Processor 2.4 Ghz

4 GB Ram

Zotac Nivdia GeForce GT 240 1 GBDDR5

Win7 64 bit.

Ok now the results.:

Well, :D........

Reduced the amount of Choppers !!! :D it was hell out there getting frames between 14 to 5. And when the action start to kick in I was stuck with 1 frame :). Of course start of the mission first 3 or 2 mins the frames were good between 24 and 30.

Also I think you should focus the action near and around the Anapa base meaning not spreading too many units or triggers down south till Nalchik and Sakhumi Base, make it limited till I Maykop or Gauduata base.

The mission is stable without any doubts. The script are working fine but due to so many useless units (sorry i use the word useless can't find a better one :) ) the fun factor goes down on it.

Its really a FUN mission to play !!! REally ! but please try to optimize more what I mention above and also please keep it up with this kind mission.

Thank you... :D

Hi FlankerNation,

I've been very busy the last days, but have been tweaking this mission iteratively when i had time, and i've taken your recommendations also as input. I think this mission is ready for a repost. So, here we go:

OK... I have ran the mission so here my results. First of this is my machine spec which is not very high :

1st Generation Quad Core Processor 2.4 Ghz

4 GB Ram

Zotac Nivdia GeForce GT 240 1 GBDDR5

Win7 64 bit.

Ok now the results.:

Well, :D........

Your machine setup is rather low. Especially the amount of RAM should increase to minimally 6GB. What settings did you have on the server when you ran this mission?

Also note the following: this mission is meant to be run from a server. If you run this mission on your machine, you will have your machine doing all the calculations and the graphics... That slows down the FPS dramatically. When you log into a server, the server will do all the calculations, and your client machine will only (or sort of only) take care of the graphics. So the FPS will be higher when you run this mission from a server.

Reduced the amount of Choppers !!! :D it was hell out there getting frames between 14 to 5. And when the action start to kick in I was stuck with 1 frame :). Of course start of the mission first 3 or 2 mins the frames were good between 24 and 30.
I've reduced the amount of choppers in the mission, as well the amount of active units. Also, i've disabled the mandatory setting to run the mission with "high" scenery. Now the detail of the scenery is determined by the client machine, not by the server. Recommend to run scenery in Medium to Low in your setup.

Also I think you should focus the action near and around the Anapa base meaning not spreading too many units or triggers down south till Nalchik and Sakhumi Base, make it limited till I Maykop or Gauduata base.

The mission runs indeed around Anapa. Additionally, defenses need to penetrate a SAM field from the South to the North to eliminate the Su-34 squadrons. I've "frozen" the SAMs in that area, so that the lag on the server is minimal.

The mission is stable without any doubts. The script are working fine but due to so many useless units (sorry i use the word useless can't find a better one :) ) the fun factor goes down on it.

I've dropped the useless units. They were for eye candy and drop the fun factor on your machine. I also think they contributed heavily on LAG on the server side...

Its really a FUN mission to play !!! REally ! but please try to optimize more what I mention above and also please keep it up with this kind mission.

Thanks for the feedback and the appreciation.

You can download the new mission from the first post in this thread. It is version 2014.05.14.075.

ps: i've added a music script (still working on it) ...

This mission will run from time to time on a not yet dedicated server called "DCS Belgium Missions". Feel free to join and pls give this mission a chance. If you see problems, pls report.

Thank you... :D

[/TABLE]