Controller sampling rates (a.k.a. old throttle woes)

My CH Pro Throttle has served me well for some time now, and served someone else now for quite a while longer than that, but the potentiometers are, I think, starting to get a little dirty: in DCS, the throttle has begun to jump up and down for an instant, and more and more frequently get stuck in the up or down position (this is getting to be a pain in the Mustang and the Ka-50, in particular, ruining takeoffs, landings, and hovers alike).

Obviously, the final solution is to open up the throttle and clean the main potentiometer, but it's curious that I only see this issue in DCS (neither Rise of Flight nor the Windows game controllers dialog show jumpy outputs). My guess is that this has something to do with the rate at which the throttle inputs are sampled in DCS. Is there a way to tune that parameter in the interim?

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

Cool!

Seems like DCS gets more professional and userfriendly with every patch :thumbup:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• 1 month later...