Some direct info from the developers.

statrekmike

First off, I am absolutely thrilled with how good DCS Huey is, it is a really polished and amazing product that I ended loving a great deal more than I initially thought.

That said, as a relative newcomer to this particular neighborhood on the ED forums, I have found that a lot of folks are talking about missing features (like AI door gunners, slick versions and the winch) and what is and what is not going to be in the release version.

So, I wonder if it would be possible for the developers to (when they have time) kinda talk about what they are working on for the final version in terms of features we don't have now (not so much bugfixes and such, just features).

Please don't get me wrong, I am very happy with the product thus far, I was just looking for some more direct information so I know what to look forward to and what to not worry so much about.

Thanks for the great work so far, I can't wait to see how well the Mi-8 turns out!

List of features we are working on and hope to implement for the final release version (subject to change...):

- Further improvements to the rotor and engine models

- Correct engine start procedure to include throttle Off and Idle positions as well as ignition trigger and Idle Release switch

- XM60 Reflex aiming sight for the right pilot

- Radar altimeter

- Chaff/flare dispensing system

- M134 minigun as door gun

- M60 door gun bullet dispersion

- Improved crew AI (initially only door gunner AI)

- Unarmed "slick" variant

- Sling load modeling

- Assault troops animation (depends on infantry modeling progress)

• Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Fantastic, this is exactly what I was hoping to see!

I hope everything goes smoothly, so far you have a great product (I can't personally wait to have a slick version and the right side pilot gunsight!)

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply!

• ED Team
List of features we are working on and hope to implement for the final release version (subject to change...):

- Further improvements to the rotor and engine models

- Correct engine start procedure to include throttle Off and Idle positions as well as ignition trigger and Idle Release switch

- XM60 Reflex aiming sight for the right pilot

- Radar altimeter

- Chaff/flare dispensing system

- M134 minigun as door gun

- M60 door gun bullet dispersion

- Improved crew AI (initially only door gunner AI)

- Unarmed "slick" variant

- Sling load modeling

- Assault troops animation (depends on infantry modeling progress)

Awesome !

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Wow! A lot of stuff... If you make all that happen, it will kick ass.

Can't wait to see the door gunner AI and the slick.:cheer3nc:

Brilliant work so far, and I must say I haven't enjoyed unarmed flying so much in the last years. It is unbelievable how thrilling MEDEVAC missions can be.:thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Great! Radar altimeter! That's it. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

If what I have now was the final release, I have already got my money's worth. However, anything that makes the UH-1H more realistic AND more enjoyable to fly is much appreciated. As such, I am very much looking forward to the addition of any or all of the above. Having functional AI and the mored detailed/realistic/improved modeling listed above will ensure that I will be flying the UH-1H for many years to come.

Looking forward to the Mi-8 as well, but I would really like Vietnam era UH-1B/C gunships and/or AH-1G / AH-1J Cobras for historical missions ;)

If only ED or a 3rd party could whip out a Vietnam environment to really enjoy the UH-1H.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That will be one well rounded Huey, Superb!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Outstanding!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks for the update EvilBivol.

More toys for us, can't wait.

On an aside regarding the radar Altimeter I am busy reading To the Limit by Tom Johnson, his account of time in the air Cav in Vietnam.

On one mission at night flying low level one Huey crashed at 60-80kts into the dam they were overflying.

For these types of flights it seems one of the tactics was the Huey commander gave the collective to the other pilot with strick instructions of what Alt to hold at all times while the AC controlled the rest.

Long story short, (get the book its great), in the dead of night trying to rescue the crashed victims the AC actually had the crew chief and gunner take their boots off, and dangle their feet out each side of the Huey. (this in effect became their zero vis/low level altimeter)

When their feet touched water they had to yell, and the pilot would respond with collective.

TRhere was so much spray in the cockpit the instruments became unreadable. Even the guys with their feet out the Huey could not see the actual water surface it was so dark.

They did not have radar altimeters in their ships at this time, all barometric with to much margin of error.

Anyway, it was white knuckle stuff.

The author did 3 trips that night, each with about 2 hours of low level hovering in pitch dark night over the crash site, using the protruding tailboom of the crashed Huey as his only visible hover reference point.

I was sweating just reading this account.

Incredible airman-ship.

Edited by Vlerkies

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Thanks for the communication, good to have something looking forward to.

Most curious concerning multiplayer option / crew too. IMHO this (multiple players in one huey) would make the Huey the best module of DCS so far.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Thanks for the communication, good to have something looking forward to.

Most curious concerning multiplayer option / crew too. IMHO this (multiple players in one huey) would make the Huey the best module of DCS so far.

Would think this is probably more in ED's hands - until it's hardcoded into the engine by ED and the network instability issues reduced I don't think there's much BST can do to advance this area.

Sounds good looking forward to the finished model.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit