Notices

Old 06-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
McBlemmen

Reputation power: 6
McBlemmen is a jewel in the roughMcBlemmen is a jewel in the roughMcBlemmen is a jewel in the roughMcBlemmen is a jewel in the roughMcBlemmen is a jewel in the roughMcBlemmen is a jewel in the roughMcBlemmen is a jewel in the roughMcBlemmen is a jewel in the rough
Question Standalone F-15 question

Hi

I'm REALLY intrested in the F-15 in FC3, and was planning on buying FC3 now that the sale is going on , however in the newsletter i got in my e-mail i saw this :

"The Next Eagle Dynamics DCS Modules

Later this year, we will offer:
A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs
Su-25: DCS Flaming Cliffs
F-15C: DCS Flaming Cliffs
Su-27: DCS Flaming Cliffs
This modules will feature:
1- Detailed 3D model (high polygon / high res textures)
2- 6 DOF cockpit
3- AFM
4- Lock On level cockpit systems
$19.99 USD at release "

I'm a bit confused.

1 : Will the F-15c in the "future release" be in ANY way better or improved over the current one? Be it flight model , cockpit , anything at all?

2 : Will the future release be one release with all aircraft , or will they be individual? I dont care that much about the other aircraft in FC3.

Thank you.

PS : I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong part of the forums, not quite sure where i should have put it.
McBlemmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
Exorcet

Reputation power: 20
Exorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBlemmen View Post
1- Detailed 3D model (high polygon / high res textures)
2- 6 DOF cockpit
3- AFM
4- Lock On level cockpit systems
New, and for me extremely important. AFM is the advanced flight model, which will upgrade the F-15 and Su-27 to Su-25 level, making them much more enjoyable to fly and fight in.

I'm not sure how they will be released as products, but however they are I am getting all the fighters.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
159th_Viper
ED Tester

Reputation power: 464
159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to 159th_Viper

Quote:

1 : Will the F-15c in the "future release" be in ANY way better or improved over the current one? Be it flight model , cockpit , anything at all?
Will benefit from the addition of an AFM (Advanced Flight Model).

Edit: norrised by the merest whisker

Quote:

2 : Will the future release be one release with all aircraft , or will they be individual?
Releases will be module releases, so will be individual.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?
Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!
159th_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
McBlemmen

McBlemmen is a jewel in the roughMcBlemmen is a jewel in the roughMcBlemmen is a jewel in the roughMcBlemmen is a jewel in the roughMcBlemmen is a jewel in the roughMcBlemmen is a jewel in the roughMcBlemmen is a jewel in the roughMcBlemmen is a jewel in the rough

Ohh okay , i didnt realise AFM stood for Advanced Flight Model, and since i've only played aircraft with an AFM , i'm affraid not having an AFM will make the gameplay less enjoyable. I guess i'll wait for the individual release , thanks!

Last edited by McBlemmen; 06-20-2013 at 01:02 PM.
McBlemmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
npole

Reputation power: 3
npole has a spectacular aura aboutnpole has a spectacular aura aboutnpole has a spectacular aura aboutnpole has a spectacular aura aboutnpole has a spectacular aura about

These are fighters.. I can imagine to have a realistic flight model for the civilian aircraft (where most time is spent flying and doing nothing but following routes) as the primary aspect of a simulator, but the whole rest? The avionics is almost completely missing, the takeoff procedures are a joke.. so what i'm going to have? A plane that fly realistical.. *but* i'll be in air by pressing a button, and i'll fight the other jets by a "point & click" like it is a star-wars fighter. No thanks, I understand the importance of the flight model, but this is nothing if the rest (that is important as .. if not more than the FM) is not here.
I'll wait for a serious module, if there'll be one available in the future, i'm going to skip these simplified modules made for the "mass".
npole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #6
Exorcet

Exorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of lightExorcet is a glorious beacon of light

Having used the A-10A since LOMAC and having had the A-10C for a while, you're blowing things way out of proportion. You don't take off by pressing a button, and I have no idea where point and click combat comes from. The job of HOTAS and modern fighter controls is to make things easier for the pilot. Acquiring the target is where FC comes fairly close to DCS. The difference in getting Mav's on target with the A-10 A/C is the former lacks alignment and also lacks slaving to the TGP or SPI (which makes the A-10C more point and click than the A).
Old 06-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
GriffonBR

GriffonBR is on a distinguished road

And for the people that already purchased flaming cliffs 3? We will need to pay again to have AFM for our game?
GriffonBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
npole

Reputation power: 3
npole has a spectacular aura aboutnpole has a spectacular aura aboutnpole has a spectacular aura aboutnpole has a spectacular aura aboutnpole has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcet View Post
Having used the A-10A since LOMAC
The A10A and the A10C are very different planes in the avionics.. I don't even understand how you could comparing the two, maybe you're fooled because of their name?

We're talking about the fighters tho... I don't want something that is missing half of the aspect of a simulation, where the most important part of the "fun" is not even shoot at the enemy, but perform a mission (in its entirety) realistically (I want to simulate the real thing, not the top gun movie).

And especially looking at the new technology (ie: oculus rift), a clickable cockpit is one of the most important aspects to look at for me (when you start to fly with the A10C you'll forget forever those idiotic key-combos for a more realistic visual feedback).

I leave Flaming Cliff.. to the Flaming Cliffs boys... i'll remain with DCS.
npole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #9
Exorcet

Quote:
Originally Posted by npole View Post
The A10A and the A10C are very different planes in the avionics.. I don't even understand how you could comparing the two, maybe you're fooled because of their name?
What's fooling me? One has a TGP. They both have Mav's and CCRP and CCIP. Attacking targets in the A is quite similar to the C. It will probably be this way with the fighters, FC3 avionics give you the same basic procedure as a full DCS module.

Quote:
We're talking about the fighters tho... I don't want something that is missing half of the aspect of a simulation, where the most important part of the "fun" is not even shoot at the enemy, but perform a mission (in its entirety) realistically (I want to simulate the real thing, not the top gun movie).
Well, who does not want that? Unfortunately we need to wait for it, as there is no DCS fighter for a while. In the meantime we can fly FC3.

Quote:
And especially looking at the new technology (ie: oculus rift), a clickable cockpit is one of the most important aspects to look at for me (when you start to fly with the A10C you'll forget forever those idiotic key-combos for a more realistic visual feedback).
I've been flying the A-10 for a while. And Falcon going back further. The clickable cockpit is much better and I'd love to have it. I think that AFM is more important though, at least for me personally. In either case, you can fight as seriously in FC as you can in DCS. I've seen FC pilots try to "point and click" online, and they usually die for it.

Quote:
I leave Flaming Cliff.. to the Flaming Cliffs boys... i'll remain with DCS.
Well, it's not an option if you want a fighter sadly.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #10
kontiuka

kontiuka is a jewel in the roughkontiuka is a jewel in the roughkontiuka is a jewel in the roughkontiuka is a jewel in the roughkontiuka is a jewel in the roughkontiuka is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffonBR View Post
And for the people that already purchased flaming cliffs 3? We will need to pay again to have AFM for our game?
According to a couple of posts I read from ED testers, if you own Flaming Cliffs 3, you will get the AFM automatically at no extra cost.
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote