DCS F-35A

Wags

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So F35 is coming to DCS.

Can F35 be modelled to DCS level? haven´t F35 lot of system classified? no problem ED do it.

But a 30 years old Flanker or a MIG29 that is desclassified, no dates...

Good...

Well, at least in my opinion, what is most important in a study level sim of any military aircraft is how "plausible" it feels to learn and use all of the plane's systems. Since I've never flown an A-10C I'll never know what's not accurate and what classified stuff is missing there, but those 700 pages of complex and detailed systems really make me feel like I am dealing with something that is, to say the least, reasonable and "feels" realistic. :joystick:

As long as the F-35 reaches a level of "complexity" close to the A-10 and having FCS that is a somewhat close idea of what the real thing is, then it's ok I guess as long as it's not something which is overly simplified that won't give us a lot of enjoyable learning time and the rewarding feeling of mastering a complex piece of flying equipment :)

Just a personal thing of myself though, even if the F-35 becomes a proper DCS module I wouldn't buy it.... simply because I don't like the F-35 at all. I can't really get used to the idea of a big flatscreen TV in front of me without a HUD on top it and no gauges anywhere, inside a plane that looks pretty ugly and as far as what I've read, is not as fast or as agile as other fighters that came out decades ago. :pilotfly:

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

Perhaps, just perhaps they are porting their military version to pc much like what ED have done with A-10C? Or perhaps they meant April 2018. :D

Also, people might be skeptical because this resume --> Luftwaffe Commander and Sabre Aces. But who knows, they said they've worked on mil sim so. Time will tell. Good luck.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

It's nice to hear for this new project. I hope one day I can fly this bird in DCS word.

As for the fidelity, even if it won't be accurate enough in day one, I am sure they will update it as intelligence come. So don't be afraid of the new.

Thinks would be worst if DCS work was constant.:)

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Where's the fun in flying something that can't be locked on radar and shot at?

I'll be sticking with the F/A-18C for a bit more realism and more of a challenge.

Wouldn't mind flying with a couple of F- 35's doing SEAD though.

That way we can make the target zone real hot ;)

So F35 is coming to DCS.

Can F35 be modelled to DCS level? haven´t F35 lot of system classified? no problem ED do it.

But a 30 years old Flanker or a MIG29 that is desclassified, no dates...

Good...

So you missed the fact that ED has a flanker in the pipeline? ;)

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'll be sticking with the F/A-18C for a bit more realism and more of a challenge.

I'm not sure if it's less challenging when you may need to fly so close to SAM's and air defenses that getting found will leave you well in their engagement envelope.

The F-35 good as it is won't be short on challenges.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

SWEET! Very impressive.

"DISPLAYED FORMATS ARE A SIMULATION AND NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF F-35 SYMBOLOGY"

What use is that then? :megalol:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

You mean FC3 SU27 but with AFM?

Greetings

That´s probably the just first step towards the independent DCS Su-27 module with avionics coming at a later point. The Su-27SM was mentioned at least in the overview video from january.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

You mean FC3 SU27 but with AFM?

Greetings

Suggest you reread those announcements carrfully.

First release is simplified, but what did it say after you stopped reading? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I was a bit sceptical when I first heard of a DCS:F-35, after all it's an aircraft that's not even operational yet, let alone it being classified and unproven in combat.

Many questions arise such as how it will function in relation with other aircraft, can all the proposed weapon platforms be utilised efficiently, is it capable of swing role, can it operate effectively with legacy aircraft on the battlefield, can it even trap safely on a carrier, is the HMCS going to even work effectively or are pilots going to constantly suffer blurry images, will the aircraft still have to avoid clouds, what is the life expectancy of the RAM paint and how does it stand up to harsh weather, will the aircraft ever be able to operate efficiently under temperatures of less than 15 deg C. These are questions amongst many more that haven't yet been proven in the real world.

I'm sure most of the issues with the F-35 will eventually be resolved but it is a long and ever increasing list.

But if like I believe Kinney Interactive have the right mind set, then hopefully this can develop into an interesting project that can grow with the real F-35. With so many partners on board with the F-35 programme then it may be a platform on to military desktop simulation for KI, who knows what doors that could open and how much further that could take DCS:F-35A.

For me a smart and resourceful third party taking this on can only be a good venture and I will be fully supportive from now on.

Best of luck with it.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

The F-35 already out-climbed the F-16 in the real world, not on paper. It will also out-turn the F-16 in ITR, but not in STR, when the F-16 is clean. Not exactly a big deal. Using Kopp also doesn't get you points.

Contrary to propaganda that the plane will give a whole new level of battlefield possibilities, a F-16 can out turn and out climb a F-35, then u should take into account the the ability's of it Plus this graph put out by the same annalists http://www.ausairpower.net/jsf.html scroll down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It's a decreasing list. There's a huge difference between what we hear about, when he hear about it and for how long, and how fast those problems are actually dealt with.

I'm sure most of the issues with the F-35 will eventually be resolved but it is a long and ever increasing list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Where's the fun in flying something that can't be locked on radar and shot at?

Wouldn't mind flying with a couple of F- 35's doing SEAD though.

That way we can make the target zone real hot ;)

Yeah USAF is so OP! Nerf them! The other Air Forces in the world have no chance!

I mean war is a matter of equal strength and matching classes, right?

I mean war is a matter of equal strength and matching classes, right?

In the gaming world, yes :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

F4F Wildcat the thunderchief and of course the early F-4 phantoms when they got in a tussle with a Mig-21 although they rectified the problem and gave it a gun. Oh and did i forget to mention many korea war fighters that they gave new wings to because of low success rates in dogfights.

Sure, new designs are naturally prone to failures / design errors. But some people like to scream "It's a total crap! Cancel the project before we spend more money on it!" just when first little failure in prototype phase is experienced.

I have a minor hobby in railway stuff, and I can tell you one thing - it's the same there. When steam engines were replaced by diesel ones (which were very faulty in the beginning), everybody was crying "Scrap those ugly crappy diesels, we want our steamers back!" And guess what! Those design flaws were removed, and todays, those same hated diesels are considered some of the most reliable, successful and iconic vehicles on our rails. And when they are slowly getting replaced with more modern stuff, guess what the railfans are saying... :doh:

Personally I would like some target drones to practice against.

When you are flying the F-35, all other aircraft are your target drones! :thumbup: