Revanche for FC 3

REVANCHE for FC 3

Hello everyone :) Long story short : I've converted this FC 2 Su-25 campaign to FC 3. :)

For those not familiar with this campaign- it was originaly part of FC 2 and, sadly, ED has not converted to FC 3. It is an immersive, fully voiced-over Su-25 campaign that, for me personally, is sitting on the imaginary campaign throne with Black Sharks Deployment.

Once again, if this isn't obvious yet. I'm not the author of this campaign, all I've done is the FC3 conversion.

Campaign overview

On 07/18 between 0100 – 0130 hrs and in contradiction to previously signed agreements, tactical aviation units consisting of F/A-18C strike-fighter aircraft provided by NATO and flying under Georgian operational command conducted an aerial assault against Abkhazian air defense units in the areas of: GALI, OCHMIRA, SASHAMUGIO.

At the same time, Georgian conventional and rocket artillery systems were used to destroy Abhazian air force helicopters stationed on forward positions in the vicinity of GALI, as well as checkpoints in the areas of CHUBURHINZHI-TAGILONI-SIDA-PIRVELI-AKVAGA.

Campaign details

• Su25 Campaign
  • 12 missions long
  • RU voice-over with ENG subtitles

Changes in FC 3 version

My no. 1 goal was - fix what needs to be fixed and change and improve things that were obviously done because of FC 2 engine limitation.

• Updated all AI units tasks - taking advantage of the new AI tasking where reasonable.
  • Correction of start date for every mission (previously all mission started at june 1st)
  • AI radio chatter is enabled for strike package units (read: not every AI unit, just those working with you in tgt area)
  • Added bullseye - Because Su25 doens't have any way to quickly decode bullseye calls, I placed the bulls at tgt area, so AI calls can easily be decoded by player. Check mission planner for bullseye location.
  • Added few units around airfield to improve scenery

Download & Installation

From onedrive:

Su-25 Version https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjZ7Py7hwgdrhXo6geSaHZg2I4BY

Su-25T Version: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjZ7Py7hwgdrhhIXppvGwyHlUUKJ

Unpack the archive into your DCS User missions folder (USER_NAMESaved GamesDCSMissions). The campaign should appear under the 'User' tab in Campaign selection menu. :)

Enjoy :pilotfly:

Feedback/bug reports welcomed :)

Edited by winz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That ghost recon music doe

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Hey guys, this is a great campaign but it keep it keeps crashing right after I take off, somewhere around the third mission in (I think it's called assignment in flight). Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and found a work around?

Sorry it took so long. I've just completed the mission twice without any issue. Does it crash in single mission also, or does is crash in campaign only?

Could also provide any kind of error message and the dcs log file?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Just wanted to thank you for making this Campaign available again ... I like Campaigns much better than single missions.

I will be flying it starting today :)

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Quick question - ireally wanted to play this but i had a previous version. In that in mission 1 youbhave to do target bombing. No problem but in the mission the targets you were supposed to bomb simply werent there. Did anyone else have the same issue or advice or was this fixed in new version?

Quick question - ireally wanted to play this but i had a previous version. In that in mission 1 youbhave to do target bombing. No problem but in the mission the targets you were supposed to bomb simply werent there. Did anyone else have the same issue or advice or was this fixed in new version?

I have found a problem in the night mission. The targets spawns, but the illumination doesn't work. So unless you fly with label you have no chance of hitting the target.

I've change the way illumination work in that mission, try the file attached. The whole package should be updated once I go through the missions, which should be this week, hopefully ;)

The other practice missions should work well, you just need to follow the WP very closely to hit the area triggers ;)

Revanche07.miz

• Like 1

Thanks a lot. I havent yet got to that point, but will update it with this modified mission. :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Much appreciated - I'll restart the campaign - luckily I had only got to mission 4.

It's a great campaign to fly in VR (so far).

http://www.c9114110.myzen.co.uk/dcsw/FC3/revanche.htm

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I've updated the mission.

Thanks a lot :) .. I was afraid that after updating the campaign files, I would have to restart the campaign, but that wasnt the case ... I upgraded and the campaign still mantained my progress.

Best regards

I've created a Su-25T version for the campaign. The download link is in the first post :)

This should be useful for those that dont have FC3, but on my case I like the Su-25A more than the T version, its more nimble and challenging to fly :)

Thanks again for making this campaign available, there are not many Su-25 campaigns and Im really enjoying it. cheers.

• 1 year later...

I like Campaigns much better than single missions.

I will be flying it starting today :)

Best regards.

Just interested to know a little about this campaign set of missions.

1. Do they all work flawlessly in DCS v1.5x and up or do they need some things fixed.
  2. Would they benefit from a multi-language upgrade to have english voice overs and subtitles as well as the included russian eqivalents ???

Cheers, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 1 month later...

Is this still updated?

I liked the first missions alot but could not move on from mission 6.

I get reshedulded after Take Off to take care of the helicopters comming up.

If i kill all helicopters or the majority of the ground troops i get send to the target ariport.

After landing nothing happens and when i end the mission i have to redoo it as i just have 50 points. Tried many times meenwhile.

The campaign seems to be officially in the game for the Su25 non T. The mission lookes different in the editor but i´m quite new to this stuff.

Edit: Using the T version of the campaign

Edited by Neuse

• 1 year later...
Is this still updated?

I liked the first missions alot but could not move on from mission 6.

I get reshedulded after Take Off to take care of the helicopters comming up.

If i kill all helicopters or the majority of the ground troops i get send to the target ariport.

After landing nothing happens and when i end the mission i have to redoo it as i just have 50 points. Tried many times meenwhile.

The campaign seems to be officially in the game for the Su25 non T. The mission lookes different in the editor but i´m quite new to this stuff.

Edit: Using the T version of the campaign

Did you find a way past? I recently discovered the campaign in the T variant and will stick with the regular built-in Revanche variant if these problems are still present.