Saitek Panels Reader

Raf

I've made a program to map some buttons to fake keyboard shortcuts, seems to work decently.

The panels i've mapped are the Switch one, and the Radio one (don't have the others).

Perhaps will upload a demo video too, of them working.

Project page:

https://github.com/raffaeleragni/saitek-panels

Attaching zip with binary and other stuff (libraries etc).

saitekpanel.zip

• Like 2

That's pretty cool, Raf! I never bought one of those panels because they were limited to FSX and X-Plane. I imagine there are more than a few people who would be interested in that.

(Hey, maybe Saitek would be willing to throw some hardware at you in exchange for the work, as that could help them sell more of those panels!)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Reading the switches is feasible, but sending data back is quite the hard part... not to mention I'd have to also read data from DCS.

As far as it goes, the switch panel can be used fully, just doesn't have the gear LEDS working.

For the radio, well that's quite complicated for the logic of the switches (the swapper for example) that are quite different than DCS. I've mapped the knob at least.

If someone can make stuff in lua, can use the data in my pogram to read the switches.

I've been holding out for somebody to make these panels work in something other than FSX. Can't believe you did it ! I think this is a major deal, good work mate, I shall try it out soon as I get home from work !

Cheers

Nic,

i thought there was an already built archive into 'target' folder?

Just install the libusb driver, and run it with the start.bat (also need a java jre version 7 installed)

ps. editing the source code is just to change shortcuts, not really essential, will post the current key bindings now

To install and run:

- INSTALL the stuff inside"to_install/libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0" (reading to_install/README_FOR_libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0.txt)

- IGNORE the maven stuff (it's only for BUILDING from source)

- INSTALL a JRE v7 (http://java.sun.com/) if you don't have already one.

- run start.bat

as the terminal will remain open, it will fake shortcuts (as explained above), you'll have to check that these shortcuts are CONFIGURED inside DCS.

As for now there is not a way to change them except recompiling, will create an editable file in the future for that.

This is interesting can we get the Saitek dials working to or am I being to ambitious.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Yes that's possible, just not done yet.

The double dial on the top right (the metal ones) are already mapped hard-coded (SHIFT+CONTROL+[1,2,3,4]), just those ones now

Point is, can't find a good way to map them to something, one click doesn't mean one input, i get many. So I'm lacking quantity there.

Hey RAF,

my wishes come true. Finally I can use the Saitek Panel on my DCS. I am just having a problem running the start.bat. It shows an error: the command "mvn" is not a command or syntax error. the cmd panel exits. any idea?

But as I saw on your vid, it works and thats great!

+1

Cheers

Demon

EDIT: Problem solved: You need to extract the whole archive to the desktop or to a desired folder and start the start.bat from there not within the archive. Now it works :)

EDIT 2: Is there a way to implement LSHIFT and RSHIFT as well as LCTRL and RCTRL? This is essential for configuering. Right now there is only the shift and alt possible. Thanks for doing this anyway!!!

Edited by -=Demon=-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

Don't have that panel...

Anyone that has it can discover out the flags, if they know how to program, and map a new Enumerator and a set of methods (nearly copypasting a program's section though).

I've discovered them by using DEBUG_FLAGS=true and then see the bits changing when i click stuff...

You'd also need to discover the device ID though, and other stuff.

Don't have that panel...

Anyone that has it can discover out the flags, if they know how to program, and map a new Enumerator and a set of methods (nearly copypasting a program's section though).

I've discovered them by using DEBUG_FLAGS=true and then see the bits changing when i click stuff...

You'd also need to discover the device ID though, and other stuff.

Where do you do the search for DEBUG_FLAGS=true ?