Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Thrustmaster Warthog: Think I Found a Good Price

Hi all I'm new and was posting in the BS section of the forum but thought I'd give a heads up if anyone is looking to buy a Thrustmaster Warthog. Just bought one from Maplins in the UK. They have them for 280 Pounds but there is also a 15% off code for June bringing it 242.50 which I thought was a good price. Code is "AWIN15".

Total price for me in Ireland was 303 euro delivered (delivery + we have a higher VAT rate of 23%). I also used Fatchsses to get about 6 euro cashback as every little counts so 297 euro. There are other UK cashback sites out there as well which may be better if your in the UK.

I'm not affiliated with Maplins in any way. Infact I normally wouldn't touch them with a barge pole in Ireland are some of their pricing seems to forget theres a recession on at all. Hope this helps someone.

Edit: Sorry meant to add if your getting delivery to Ireland you should be able to knock 6.50 off the postage of 10 euro if you use Parcel Motels service which forwards UK packages to Ireland for 3.50 and you'll pay the lower UK rate of VAT. I couldn't do it as Maplin had some bother processing my order and I gave up talking to their customer services rep after 20 minutes as he seemed half asleep and the call was costing me.

Edited by Juris

MSI Gaming 9 ACK, Intel 4790k 4.4ghz, AMD 295x2 GPU, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133mhz, DCS on Samsung 840pro SSD. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Yep seen that but be warned I ordered the MFCD's from them and they took 3 weeks to get to me, I have a store 5 minutes walk from my front door.

Should have taken 3 working days but the first order went missing along with the second but the third arrived thieving bloody postie.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Yep seen that but be warned I ordered the MFCD's from them and they took 3 weeks to get to me, I have a store 5 minutes walk from my front door.

Should have taken 3 working days but the first order went missing along with the second but the third arrived thieving bloody postie.

Thats nasty. I'll drop a reply here if/when I receive mine. Not the second it arrives of course, that moment will be taken up with that childish giddy look only a grown man gets when unboxing a shiny new piece of tech and they dont come much more shiny than the Warthog.

If I remember correctly from the order process they gave an expected delivery date of the 16th of June. It was stated as in stock. Ironic an item made to fly planes which is shipped airmail may travel to Ireland as if it were being carried by an asthmatic donkey swimming across the Irish sea. The main site itself says 2-3 working days so I hope to see it before the end of the week. Excited. :D

MSI Gaming 9 ACK, Intel 4790k 4.4ghz, AMD 295x2 GPU, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133mhz, DCS on Samsung 840pro SSD. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I've just found the Warthog for an almost sinfully cheap price in Germany. It seems too good to be true. The cheapest is 220€!!?

Check out the price comparisons here:

http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/3921480_-hotas-warthog-flight-stick-thrustmaster.html

Curiously, the low priced ones have no product picture. The offers with pictures are listed seperately for some reason:

http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/2002516_-hotas-warthog-thrustmaster.html

I've gone ahead and ordered one for the low price. While I still don't think this can be quite legit, the shops are well established and reputable and unlikely to rip me off. I'll let you guys know what happens...

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

hi boris

At the moment you can buy the thrustmaster joystick without the throttle. Alternate is offering the stick e.g. for 250,- €. So I think that these prices that you a referencing are only the stick .

http://www.alternate.de/Thrustmaster/Thrustmaster+Hotas_Warthog_Flight_Stick_U,_Joystick/html/product/1078558/?

And if you look for "more infos" they say "joystick" and not hotas. So I would call the reseller what he realy is selling.

edit: http://www.thrustmaster.com/de_DE/produkte/hotas-warthog-flight-stick

Edited by Balu

hi boris

At the moment you can buy the thrustmaster joystick without the throttle. Alternate is offering the stick e.g. for 250,- €. So I think that these prices that you a referencing are only the stick .

http://www.alternate.de/Thrustmaster/Thrustmaster+Hotas_Warthog_Flight_Stick_U,_Joystick/html/product/1078558/?

And if you look for "more infos" they say "joystick" and not hotas. So I would call the reseller what he realy is selling.

edit: http://www.thrustmaster.com/de_DE/produkte/hotas-warthog-flight-stick

Thanks Balu. I knew it seemed to good to be true. If that's the case, which it most likely is, I guess I'll just return it then.

But I'll contact the seller first and see what they have to say. Maybe they can arrange a cancellation of the order.

But it is VERY misleading to have HOTAS in the title.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Thanks Balu. I knew it seemed to good to be true. If that's the case, which it most likely is, I guess I'll just return it then.

But I'll contact the seller first and see what they have to say. Maybe they can arrange a cancellation of the order.

But it is VERY misleading to have HOTAS in the title.

I nearly got caught out on several sites we well. Some were for joystick only (no throttle) but had pictures of the stick and throttle together. Clear false advertising.

I can't speak for everyones legal jurisdiction but in Ireland even if you accept delivery you have a right to refuse and return later (not 2 months later, usually 14 days cooling off under distance selling regulations) for a full refund on the basis of sale by description which was manifestly different to product supplied therefore the other side has failed to perform on the contract (just take a screenshot of the site before telling the supplier or they may change it & claim otherwise). Again restocking fees normally are illegal in this case as the seller has failed to perform so don't get hit in your pocket when its their fault.

The model numbers for the 2 different types are (I don't know if these are global),

Joystick + Throttle: 2960720

Joystick only (no throttle): 2960738

Many sites are not displaying these model numbers. To anyone looking to buy please please please check these model numbers before buying otherwise you'll either get half of what you wanted or be left with a spare throttle you don't need (which you can always post to me and I'll take care of it for you ;) )

Edited by Juris

I nearly got caught out on several sites we well. Some were for joystick only (no throttle) but had pictures of the stick and throttle together. Clear false advertising.

I can't speak for everyones legal jurisdiction but in Ireland even if you accept delivery you have a right to refuse and return later (not 2 months later, usually 14 days cooling off under distance selling regulations) for a full refund on the basis of sale by description which was manifestly different to product supplied therefore the other side has failed to perform on the contract (just take a screenshot of the site before telling the supplier or they may change it & claim otherwise). Again restocking fees normally are illegal in this case as the seller has failed to perform so don't get hit in your pocket when its their fault.

The model numbers for the 2 different types are (I don't know if these are global),

Joystick + Throttle: 2960720

Joystick only (no throttle): 2960738

Many sites are not displaying these model numbers. To anyone looking to buy please please please check these model numbers before buying otherwise you'll either get half of what you wanted or be left with a spare throttle you don't need (which you can always post to me and I'll take care of it for you ;) )

Yes, we have the 14 day return right here in Germany too. I think it might be an EU thing actually.

I was able to get onto the online shop, explained to them the situation, and they have already refunded my money back to paypal.

I've ordered the real thing from another shop now.

I also wrote Thrustmaster an email and asked them to consider removing the "HOTAS" from the title of the stick-only model, as it's clearly not a hotas at all.

Yes, we have the 14 day return right here in Germany too. I think it might be an EU thing actually.

I was able to get onto the online shop, explained to them the situation, and they have already refunded my money back to paypal.

I've ordered the real thing from another shop now.

I also wrote Thrustmaster an email and asked them to consider removing the "HOTAS" from the title of the stick-only model, as it's clearly not a hotas at all.

Well done, very thorough in contacting Thrustmaster. Its not as if its the kind of product which the buyer, upon realising its different to that ordered, will simply accept it as a minor differentiation and accept it. Its like getting only half a boob job.

And your right about the cooling period. The DSRA is an EU Reg so applies to all but some may have even better national laws. Non-EU citizens should check their local laws if things get messy.

Do you mind me asking where did you finally got yours from?

Mine got dispatched from Maplins exactly 21 minutes ago. Very excited.

Well done, very thorough in contacting Thrustmaster. Its not as if its the kind of product which the buyer, upon realising its different to that ordered, will simply accept it as a minor differentiation and accept it. Its like getting only half a boob job.

And your right about the cooling period. The DSRA is an EU Reg so applies to all but some may have even better national laws. Non-EU citizens should check their local laws if things get messy.

Do you mind me asking where did you finally got yours from?

Mine got dispatched from Maplins exactly 21 minutes ago. Very excited.

Being the bargain hunter that I am, I came across the following one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/190839468154?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It's allegedly a customer return which has been repackaged, hence the low price. The description claims it's in 100% new condition and free of defects, and still comes with the 2 year manufacturer warranty.

I actually made them an offer of 250€, which they accepted. If it does end up being dodgy, worst case I'll just send it back, or get in touch with Thrustmaster.

The seller is very well established so there's next to no chance of getting ripped off.

Being the bargain hunter that I am, I came across the following one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/190839468154?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It's allegedly a customer return which has been repackaged, hence the low price. The description claims it's in 100% new condition and free of defects, and still comes with the 2 year manufacturer warranty.

I actually made them an offer of 250€, which they accepted. If it does end up being dodgy, worst case I'll just send it back, or get in touch with Thrustmaster.

The seller is very well established so there's next to no chance of getting ripped off.

Wow, great price. Good kill. Sure as long as you have PayPal your pretty much assured of getting your money back as well. His ebay sale price of 250 is one of the reasons I went with the Warthog as the resale value appears to hold up really well so in a few years if I move on to something else I can always get the majority of my principle sum back. Dare I say it its great value in that regard.

Let us know how you get on.

Just an update to say my Warthog arrived this morning. Quite impressed with Maplin on this one. Ordered around 4pm on Monday from the UK, arrived in Ireland at 11am via Fedex on Wednesday.

The green lighting of the throttle matches the Razer Orbweaver perfectly. now to spend the next 2 days acclimatising, tweaking, profiling, and setting up Eyefinity. Coffee time.

Why this code does not work for me? I added it to basked, wrote code and nothing happens. Can somebody help?

I just tried it there again and it didn't apply for either. 2 other places I saw doing deals were pixmania and laptopsdirect but they are sold out it seems. I'd give Maplins a ring and ask them about the code or see if there is a replacement code to use now.

ok, thanks, please then write what they told you.

Sorry I can't ring them at the moment as I'm out and about and I get murdered in call costs for ringing UK numbers on the Irish mobile. I rang before from my landline. If you rang them maybe they could get the code working for you and process over the phone

I am not from UK, and my spoken english isn´t very good. I would be grateful if you will ring them. It doesn´t have to be at the moment. I have plenty of time :)

No problem. I'll give them a call tomorrow once I get back home.

Yeah that code is no longer working. Im sure the offer was for a limited time only.

Still their price is far better than Amazon.co.uk who is charging 349.99 pounds.

Maplin's price 279.99 pounds.

Don't ask me for advice on these Two Subjects:

1.. How to Take Off in the Dora!

2.. How to Land the Dora!

UNLESS YOU WANT TO DIE!

Something new about it?

Sorry I didn't get back home till this morning. I rang Maplin and they gave me a very confusing response. Basically they said when you register on their website you get your own discount codes under "Sign In > View Available Discounts".

I found that a bit odd as I got the AWIN15 code from from the HUKD website. As GorT said it appears to have finished.

Several places seem to be listing the Warthog as out of stock. Anyone know if its going end of life or something?

Just if anyone is still looking for a bargain for a TM Warthog just spotted this guy in the UK selling one at a great price and he seems to still have the stickers on. I'm not associated with the seller in any way.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thrustmaster-hotas-warthog-joystick-and-throttle-body-little-use-boxed-/130931049772?pt=UK_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item1e7c19452c

If I was in the UK, I would probably snatch that up, too! Unfortunately, between exchange rates and shipping...

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: