HowTo: Center HMS

justoc

By default the HMS is not at the center of view when you zoom in 100%. as such;

TSLjV9x.jpg

Luckily there is an easy solution to this.

1. Download Lua for windows (or notepad++)

2. Locate "\ka-50\cockpit\scripts\config.*lua"

3. Edit the file in Lua

NgmP973.jpg

4. Change the value "math.rad(11)" to "0"

Result:

tHJfWB4.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e5KXdtn.jpg

Cheers gentlemen.

Edited by justo(c)
  • Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

and there was me thinking you just move your head...LOL.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Make note.....in previous versions of BS and I believe in the current version also that your .trk files at the end of missions will no longer be view-able....

this is a great fix for ppl like myself that use the HMS alot for targeting......but it infact has one major drawback......broken mission recordings (.trk files).....

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

Awesome. This bothers me to no end—thanks for finding the fix.

To be fair I learned it from Buzmanni

http://www.youtube.com/user/Buzmanni

(Nearly) impossible to do air to air without this.

Make note.....in previous versions of BS and I believe in the current version also that your .trk files at the end of missions will no longer be view-able....

this is a great fix for ppl like myself that use the HMS alot for targeting......but it infact has one major drawback......broken mission recordings (.trk files).....

Honestly didn't even notice. Too much multiplayer methinks.

Thanks for that fix, gonna check it out. On another note, who was the artist that did the painting at the bottom of your post?:book:

:D It is a beautiful painting isn't it? It is 'Passion' by Sir Francis Bernard Dicksee.

Hi,

When I want to replace it, access is denied. Do you have any ideas why I can't do it.

Thank you for your time.

Malulo

never mind I fixed it, and thank you Justo© for sharing.

Malulo

Np bro, have fun killing F-16s.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I must admit that I like that the HMS is not centered. When zooming in you are not looking at a big crosshair, when HMS is enabled.

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

"0" is bad if you should be using a PLP monitor setup. I use the following line to center my HMS on my 6400x1920 setup.

"math.rad(14)"

Thanks for that addition.

I must admit that I like that the HMS is not centered. When zooming in you are not looking at a big crosshair, when HMS is enabled.

That is how it is IRL, is it not??

6400x1920... I don't zoom :)

Lucky bastard lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is how it is IRL, is it not??

Would you please point out what "real life" are you referring to? I'm flying this sim in real life. Pilots in KA-50's is AFAIK not something going on much in real life anymore. I guess that most real life helicopter pilots does not zoom much when flying...

In other words it is a question of usage.

I use the HMS for approximately placing the shkval in the right place and then move it into the right place. When I zoom it is mostly for looking - not for aiming the HMS at some precise mark. So I see it as a nice touch that the HMS crosshair is not magnified all over the screen when zooming :-)

Thanks justo©! I like the HMD centered and I'm happy with this fix!

@tietze He was meaning that the HMD is centered on one of the pilots eye in real life. No need for hair splitting semantics ;) .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

No need for hair splitting semantics ;) .

Sorry that is my favorite activity ;)

Would you please point out what "real life" are you referring to? I'm flying this sim in real life. Pilots in KA-50's is AFAIK not something going on much in real life anymore. I guess that most real life helicopter pilots does not zoom much when flying...

In other words it is a question of usage.

I use the HMS for approximately placing the shkval in the right place and then move it into the right place. When I zoom it is mostly for looking - not for aiming the HMS at some precise mark. So I see it as a nice touch that the HMS crosshair is not magnified all over the screen when zooming :-)

Do what you wish but I would much prefer a centered HMS and a HOTAS key mapped to toggle the HMS on and off, that way you can slave it as accurately as possible, and still see easily.

Edited by justo(c)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

I've made a little crosshair mod that makes the HMS a little less intrusive so its easier to keep enabled more often, and because the center of the reticle is now transparent I find it better when scouting around at full zoom levels since it doesnt block what you are aiming at. Works beautifully with this HMS center position in the OP :)

Extract attachment into: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Resources\IndicationTextures

1024x576.resizedimage

1BA25D471FEA302AA8234FC9C35C6135AB416998

Desktop.zip

Sponsored by: http://www.ozpc.com.au

Thanks schkorpio I have done that but I want to try and achieve is for the initial HMS reticle position to be say in the centre of the HUD with my standard forward view. At present when you select HMS the circle is low at the bottom of the HUD.

• 1 month later...