Notices

Old 05-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #1
Suchacz

Reputation power: 12
Suchacz is just really niceSuchacz is just really niceSuchacz is just really niceSuchacz is just really niceSuchacz is just really niceSuchacz is just really niceSuchacz is just really niceSuchacz is just really niceSuchacz is just really nice
Default Force trim sound

Isn't the current force trim sound too quiet? For me it's hardly audible. IMHO that click-clack sound should be louder...

DxDiag.txt
Crucial reading about DCS: Black Shark - Black Shark and Coaxial Rotor Aerodynamics, Black Shark and the Trimmer, Black Shark – Autopilot: Part 1, Black Shark – Autopilot: Part 2
Suchacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
heloguy

Reputation power: 6
heloguy is on a distinguished road

It shouldn't be as loud as the Shark's. I'm pretty sure the UH-1 force trim is about the same as that in a B206, which I've flown, and you couldn't even hear it. From what I understand, the force trim system being so loud in the Shark is one of its unique attributes.
heloguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
Suchacz

Suchacz is just really niceSuchacz is just really niceSuchacz is just really niceSuchacz is just really niceSuchacz is just really niceSuchacz is just really niceSuchacz is just really niceSuchacz is just really niceSuchacz is just really nice

Ok, thx. It was only my notion based on flying BS and watching Mi-8 videos, where this sound is nearly as loud as a gunshot

But I didn't find any video with this sound in Huey.

DxDiag.txt
Crucial reading about DCS: Black Shark - Black Shark and Coaxial Rotor Aerodynamics, Black Shark and the Trimmer, Black Shark – Autopilot: Part 1, Black Shark – Autopilot: Part 2
Old 05-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
manne

Reputation power: 5
manne is on a distinguished roadmanne is on a distinguished road

Regarding Force Trim, what does it do? I don't mean the trim button, but the actual force trim switch which can be set to on/off? Does it enable/disable the actual trim functionality? Or is it something else?
manne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
Suchacz

Quote:
Originally Posted by manne View Post
Does it enable/disable the actual trim functionality?
Exactly. It is disabling that system, those electromagnets or whatever is there

IMHO this is not far from the real thing

DxDiag.txt
Old 05-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
manne

Reputation power: 5
manne is on a distinguished roadmanne is on a distinguished road

Ok. And why would a real pilot use it? In emergency situations or to "reset" the trim? Like, why not just simply don't trim the aircraft in the first place while leaving the force trim on? Or is the activation of the system some kind of trade off...? ah well, it doesnt really matter, I understand the functionality now, just curious
manne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
Suchacz

IMHO it depends on personal preferences. Somebody likes to fly with the trim, somebody don't...

DxDiag.txt
Old 05-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #8
sSkullZnBoneZz

Reputation power: 2
sSkullZnBoneZz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchacz View Post
Exactly. It is disabling that system, those electromagnets or whatever is there

IMHO this is not far from the real thing

Where did you get that joystick? That looks just like a Huey cyclic!!
sSkullZnBoneZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #9
Suchacz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sSkullZnBoneZz View Post
Where did you get that joystick? That looks just like a Huey cyclic!!
Unfortunately, this is not mine, wish it was

DxDiag.txt
Old 05-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #10
Krebs20
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 22
Krebs20 is a glorious beacon of lightKrebs20 is a glorious beacon of lightKrebs20 is a glorious beacon of lightKrebs20 is a glorious beacon of lightKrebs20 is a glorious beacon of lightKrebs20 is a glorious beacon of lightKrebs20 is a glorious beacon of lightKrebs20 is a glorious beacon of lightKrebs20 is a glorious beacon of lightKrebs20 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchacz View Post
Isn't the current force trim sound too quiet? For me it's hardly audible. IMHO that click-clack sound should be louder...
It was recorded from the real thing. I know, I did the recording. It's not very loud IRL.

Krebs20 is offline   Reply With Quote