Notices

Old 06-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #71
dooom

Reputation power: 15
dooom is just really nicedooom is just really nicedooom is just really nicedooom is just really nicedooom is just really nicedooom is just really nicedooom is just really nicedooom is just really nicedooom is just really nice

confirmed on 6 sorties today - 25 MPU completely unreliable - always overshoot and miss.
dooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #72
tase

Reputation power: 0
tase is on a distinguished road
Default fix?

navigate to config/weapons

open missile_data.lua in a text editor

search for "Kh-25MP" (or Kh-58 or AGM-88 etc)

fourth line down or thereabouts should be a line like sigma = {10, 10, 10} (or some other numbers). this sets the missile "error" (CEP) in meters, expressed as a cube (ellipsoid?) centered on the object (not quite, see below). adjust this up/down to suit your realism factor.

notes:

1) even with this set to {0,0,0}, there is still some error. a hit is not guaranteed with small slant angles. for best results go high and dive the missiles on target.
2) the "hit zone" is not centered on the object but rather on the sensor, radar in this case. go to scripts/database/vechicles/sam + scripts/database/vechicles/sam/radar and search the lua files for "GT.WS[ws].pos = {x,y,z}". this sets the radar position from object origin in x,y,z coordinates, in meters. it is, as expected, centered on the vehicle footprint and above it a few meters. setting it to {0,0,0} helps a bit. use the modelviewer with grid on to get an idea of where it is initially and where would you rather want it moved.
3) comment the original lines and add your modifications with copy+paste or better yet, back up the original files before editing.
tase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #73
RICARDO
ED Partners

Reputation power: 75
RICARDO is a splendid one to beholdRICARDO is a splendid one to beholdRICARDO is a splendid one to beholdRICARDO is a splendid one to beholdRICARDO is a splendid one to beholdRICARDO is a splendid one to beholdRICARDO is a splendid one to beholdRICARDO is a splendid one to beholdRICARDO is a splendid one to beholdRICARDO is a splendid one to beholdRICARDO is a splendid one to beholdRICARDO is a splendid one to behold

I also noticed that my Kh-25MP are missing targets with a range of more or less 10 meters.
Sead missions become impossible to acomplish...
RICARDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #74
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 131
Grimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud of

Its been addressed in the beta build, I'd suspect the fix could be in the next patch.
Grimes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #75
MaverickF22+
Banned

Reputation power: 5
MaverickF22 will become famous soon enoughMaverickF22 will become famous soon enoughMaverickF22 will become famous soon enoughMaverickF22 will become famous soon enough

I don't know how you people tell that the 25MPU's have more accuracy than the 58's, as it's just the opposite!

The 25MPU's seem to be those that are more than 70% of the cases overshooting the target or hitting randomly close to it (if they aren't destroyed by SAM), while the 58's have the best accuracy so far..., having a hit to kill probability of more than 60-70% and so about 35% of them might actually fall randomly near their mark!

If i shoot all the 4 MPU missiles at a SAM radar, i pray that any of them will hit their mark..., while for the 2 remaining 58's, i'm more than certain they will hit the target directly, if not destroyed else way!
MaverickF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #76
MaverickF22+
Banned

MaverickF22 will become famous soon enoughMaverickF22 will become famous soon enoughMaverickF22 will become famous soon enoughMaverickF22 will become famous soon enough

Now it doesn't matter so much which of them (the MPU's or the 58's) miss their target the most, the idea is that it seems pretty realistic to be so...!

If you'd look at some footage with other anti-radar missiles, like the dedicated AGM-88 HARM, you'll notice the same problems..., they hit somewhere close to radar that they are homing on, and not always, or let's say less than 50% of the times it hits on a 5-10m radius around the radar's antenna, so these anti-radar missiles have their problems in reality.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #77
TaliG

TaliG is a jewel in the roughTaliG is a jewel in the roughTaliG is a jewel in the roughTaliG is a jewel in the roughTaliG is a jewel in the roughTaliG is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tase View Post
navigate to config/weapons

open missile_data.lua in a text editor

search for "Kh-25MP" (or Kh-58 or AGM-88 etc)

fourth line down or thereabouts should be a line like sigma = {10, 10, 10} (or some other numbers). this sets the missile "error" (CEP) in meters, expressed as a cube (ellipsoid?) centered on the object (not quite, see below). adjust this up/down to suit your realism factor.

notes:

1) even with this set to {0,0,0}, there is still some error. a hit is not guaranteed with small slant angles. for best results go high and dive the missiles on target.
2) the "hit zone" is not centered on the object but rather on the sensor, radar in this case. go to scripts/database/vechicles/sam + scripts/database/vechicles/sam/radar and search the lua files for "GT.WS[ws].pos = {x,y,z}". this sets the radar position from object origin in x,y,z coordinates, in meters. it is, as expected, centered on the vehicle footprint and above it a few meters. setting it to {0,0,0} helps a bit. use the modelviewer with grid on to get an idea of where it is initially and where would you rather want it moved.
3) comment the original lines and add your modifications with copy+paste or better yet, back up the original files before editing.
Thank you for pointing me to this particular file. I did many tests last night and now I am a happy owner of Kh-25MPU that has a kill ratio of 70-80% against defencless radar emiters!!!

Here is the fix:
1) DO NOT change line 2325 (sigma={10, 10, 10} ) we need this for random misses
2) DO NOT change the hit zone of the radars which are PERFECTLY and REALISTICALY positioned few meters above the radar vehicle (problem here is the colision model, thats why when you change the acuracy to 0m you miss again the target...you dont realy miss.. the missele passes through the antena)
The only number that you need to change (and I am 99% sure that this will be the fix from ED) is on line 2355 ''killdistance''. from 0.0 change it to something like 3.0. (kh58 has 5.0 and this is the reason that kh58 stil has a good kill ratio, and 20% of the time oversutes aswell).
This value is either a detonation fuse or the blast radius in meters. the old value (0.0) means that it has to hit directly the target in order to detonate which is imposible whithout a colision model of the antena.

I am realy happy that I have my missile back with realistic behaviur aswel..
BACK TO THE SEAD MISSIONS
PS sorry for my bad spelling
TaliG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #78
TaliG

TaliG is a jewel in the roughTaliG is a jewel in the roughTaliG is a jewel in the roughTaliG is a jewel in the roughTaliG is a jewel in the roughTaliG is a jewel in the rough

I would also like to inform you that by altering config/weapons you will not be able to connect to any online server and you will get a message like ''connection interupted''.
The only way to fix this (if you didnt keep a back up) until ED change the values themselves, is to rename the weapons folder
eg. ''weapons_moded'' or enything, and then do a game repair from windows-start-EagleDynamics-dcs world- repair installation.... the auto updater will replace your ''missing'' weapons folder with an original coppy downloaded from ED (only 1.5mb) and you will be ready to go online again.
For SP you can use your ''fixed'' weapons with no problem...

Last edited by TaliG; 07-07-2013 at 03:16 AM.
TaliG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #79
Vivoune

Vivoune is just really niceVivoune is just really niceVivoune is just really niceVivoune is just really niceVivoune is just really niceVivoune is just really niceVivoune is just really niceVivoune is just really nice

At least it's nice to see that issue being identified and solutions exists until it gets fixed. Really frustrating to see these MPUs digging holes all around a radar. Thanks!

p8z77-v dlx | GTX 670 | DDr3 16Go | i5 3750K
TM HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR5 | SAITEK Combat Rudder

Day 1: DCS Rafale-C | Tiger HAD | AH-64D
Vivoune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #80
MaverickF22+
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivoune View Post
At least it's nice to see that issue being identified and solutions exists until it gets fixed. Really frustrating to see these MPUs digging holes all around a radar. Thanks!
Good point, let's just hope they'll fix this without having us modifying the files in order to have it more realistic!

Here are some AGM-88 HARM video footage tests, and indeed, i was wrong a bit..., at my first statement when i've said that HARM has some error of about 5..10m around the target, but it seems that was the only example i had and it's at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5L-_0_J9B4

While for all other vidoes of HARM, especially when it was first built, so it didn't get the latest upgrades, and it was still very accurate on hitting it's mark..., so after all there really is a problem in the way ED modelled the KH-58's and MPU-25's target hitting error because they are exaggerated too!

Here's the footage with the early HARM being able to hit their mark with such a great accuracy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUWLajfDOPg

This one also shows a very high accuracy of some anti-radiation missiles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1vORMHHlOs