Huey test mission (includes in game radio)

wess24m

I'm not an expert with the mission editor but I made this base mission to build on. If all goes well I'll expand on this and make a MP version. I have about 20 minutes worth of music for the radio station, just tune you FM radio to 40.00 and the music will kick in when you lift off. It's implemented like a normal radio broadcast which means you can turn it off/on as well as turn it up and down with the radio controls in the cockpit.

For people who aren't up to speed on the radio systems yet (also see my tutorial videos), the FM radio is the one by default tuned to 30.00 and has FM printed down the left side and COMM printed down the right As a side benefit of running the radio is you can use it to home in on the FARP, switch the FM radio to HOME and you'll have music and navigation).

A summery of the mission is you've been tasked to fly some supplies down the river to a FARP, they are ramping up for a attack but are low on supplies and need parts for the Cobra that's stationed out of the FARP. Feel free to edit the mission abd give construtive input, I'd like to have the 2nd trigger for when the Huey lands at FARP Dublin but couldn't figure it out.

Mission goals are outlined in the briefing.

Mission

Edited by wess24m

:) looks great. I'll give it a try when I get back from visiting friends.

While I love visiting them and my wonderful godchildren, a whole weekend away from my Huey is gonna be hell :(

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

:) looks great. I'll give it a try when I get back from visiting friends.

While I love visiting them and my wonderful godchildren, a whole weekend away from my Huey is gonna be hell :(

Cowboy10uk

Thanks, any input is welcome. I've never seen a radio station implemented as i've done in the mission so I'm wondering why that is, surely people have done it before me.

I just tried your mission and flying with the music in the headphones was great ! Somehow it all worked a lot better, I touched down on the farp and landed home safely, well with a few bullet holes in the windscreen. :-D Thank god I was flying right seat, my buddy on the left side apparently came close to getting it ;-)

I think maybe the music helps in "thinking less" and more flying by "feeling".

Usually I either crash on landing or I´m parking my Baby not really where I planned to...

There should be an option in the game menu to just click "radio on frequency xyz" and you give a filepath to your music folder so you can listen to your favorite flying songs regardless if it was put in the mission by the maker or not, that would be great ! Or maybe the ability to tune in to some online radio station the same way lol.

Anyways, thanks for your mission, I enjoyed it !

I just tried your mission and flying with the music in the headphones was great ! Somehow it all worked a lot better, I touched down on the farp and landed home safely, well with a few bullet holes in the windscreen. :-D Thank god I was flying right seat, my buddy on the left side apparently came close to getting it ;-)

I think maybe the music helps in "thinking less" and more flying by "feeling".

Usually I either crash on landing or I´m parking my Baby not really where I planned to...

There should be an option in the game menu to just click "radio on frequency xyz" and you give a filepath to your music folder so you can listen to your favorite flying songs regardless if it was put in the mission by the maker or not, that would be great ! Or maybe the ability to tune in to some online radio station the same way lol.

Anyways, thanks for your mission, I enjoyed it !

I agree with you on both counts. Up until Huey came out I'd never tried flying with music but in the spirit of this bird I'd downloaded some Vietnam era music and it helped a lot. Just enjoying the music you're not fixated on every little thing.

• Like 1

Wess, great music from your mission ¡¡¡

Could i ask you how you edit the mission to insert the music and set it to a radio frequency?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Wess, great music from your mission ¡¡¡

Could i ask you how you edit the mission to insert the music and set it to a radio frequency?

From my post in the how to section-

"whichever mission you'd like either do it the way indicated in the first post or (as I did) have one of your friendly units transmit a combined .WAV or .OGG file. So to be clear select unit,set freq (I set mine to 40 FM but any freq in the AM or FM will work),set transmit message,in the file box select your file. When you're in the pit tune to the same freq as set in the mission editor.

I used sony vegas to combine all the songs into one .OGG file but i'm sure there are free programs to do the same. Feel free to download my test mission and look at the unit labeled "radio" and see the options I have set. Tested with the hog, the shark, and the Huey."

Thanks mate, now is cristal clear.

Enjoying music ¡¡¡

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Been flying this mission all day, Wow great practice mission, damn she's heavy, and the Radio station. :thumbup: stunning, nothing gets you in the right mood, than flying a Huey, listening to 60s music.

It just felt Right.

Followed your post about setting up radio. Now have the good morning Vietnam soundtrack also playing on a different freq. Next up my tour of duty soundtracks. ;)

This mission, 60s soundtracks, Charlie shooting at you along with a fidelity sim of this quality of the Huey.

I have finally found the PERFECT sim. :)

I'm in heaven, I feel sorry for all 3rd party devs because, the Bar had been set not high, but in the stratosphere.

Thankyou for taking the time to do this mission, and to show us what is possible.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Been flying this mission all day, Wow great practice mission, damn she's heavy, and the Radio station. :thumbup: stunning, nothing gets you in the right mood, than flying a Huey, listening to 60s music.

It just felt Right.

Followed your post about setting up radio. Now have the good morning Vietnam soundtrack also playing on a different freq. Next up my tour of duty soundtracks. ;)

This mission, 60s soundtracks, Charlie shooting at you along with a fidelity sim of this quality of the Huey.

I have finally found the PERFECT sim. :)

I'm in heaven, I feel sorry for all 3rd party devs because, the Bar had been set not high, but in the stratosphere.

Thankyou for taking the time to do this mission, and to show us what is possible.

Cowboy10uk

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'll be adding a lot to this mission as well as what you did (making different music stations), I've got people throwing ideas at me for what I should add, all great ideas. Since jtac isn't enabled by default I'm going to have to integrate it manually, but I've got a lot of work to do to improve the immersion.

Thanks great mission managed to get shot down within four minutes lol love the tunes tho! :megalol:

LOL, thx for posting this. Gave me a good chuckle, I starting putting more and more troops/shooty things when I flew through the whole mission while only being hit with one bullet. I had to slow down to under 100 Knots for them to even see me. Feel free to edit the mission. I have all units set to excellent skill level.

• Like 1

downloading. damn nice of you for this!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

As it went down that 1 day in Nam. :joystick:

I need to follow instructions though. Let's just say the Cobra got its parts, just :)

Thx for the mission wess!

:thumbup:

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

I need to follow instructions though. Let's just say the Cobra got its parts, just :)

Awesome flying. I'll have a much improved mission out probably tomorrow, I've added more triggers and hopefully have multiple stations playing so you can pick. Any input would be appreciated (from anybody), this is going to be my first full mission i've made.

Thx wess.

One little suggestion, add some AA maybe at the shortcut points with a limited range so if you overfly them they get ugly.

At +-5:15 mark I take a short cut across the land away from the meandering river.

When I did it I was thinking to myself 'I wonder if wess has sadistically put some nasty stuff down here' :p

Look forward to MkII of the mission.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Cool video Vlerk, really made my day!

Had a good chuckle on those comments!:megalol:

Midnite Signature.jpg

552334314_MidniteSignature.jpg.7c1678ea5639bd6d044b092eb97c300e.jpg

Cool video Vlerk, really made my day!

Had a good chuckle on those comments!:megalol:

Lol, thx bud. Edit that mission to a 2 ship then we can go and teach Charlie some manners on your server :)

Thx wess.

One little suggestion, add some AA maybe at the shortcut points with a limited range so if you overfly them they get ugly.

At +-5:15 mark I take a short cut across the land away from the meandering river.

When I did it I was thinking to myself 'I wonder if wess has sadistically put some nasty stuff down here' :p

Look forward to MkII of the mission.

Great idea, I'm neither confirming or denying if you stray from the river you'll get lit up. :music_whistling:

Just a warning, youtube just had a frothy about that video I posted with all sorts of flags and copyright claims about the music.

Gonna delete it.

Will just tell you. In MP the Radio transmission feature only works if clients join in before said transmission starts. Just so you don't waste time trying to get it to work like me...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]