Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 03:00 AM   #1
Wags
Producer, Kool-Aid Mixer

Reputation power: n/a
Default RIP Jim Mackonochie

It is with a very heavy heart that I want to relay that our dear friend and compatriot Jim Mackonochie (JimMack) died of liver cancer today. Jim, the son of a British test pilot was a Royal Navy officer before being a key figure in the birth of PC flight simulation. Jim was pivotal in the launch of the original Falcon and many other software entertainment products before he served as the catalyst that brought The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics together to launch the original Su-27 Flanker. In the years that followed, Jim served as the primary business development manager for TFC/Eagle Dynamics and was responsible for DCS products being available in dozens of countries around the world. But Jim was also one of the most genuine people you could hope to meet and he was a common sight at many fly-in, air shows, and industry events.

Like most people that excel in their field, Jim always had a true passion for this work and always pushed our team to provide the best product possible. Jim would spend hours going over reviews, customer feedback, and of course these very forums to provide the best possible perspective of what the customers wanted. He really was the customers' producer.

Jim will be deeply missed here and his passing leaves a hole in TFC and Eagle Dynamics that can never be filled.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JimMac.jpg
Views:	22574
Size:	852.9 KB
ID:	80028  

Falcon Northwest Tiki: i7 4770K, 8 GB RAM, GTX 780ti, Windows 8.1, and 512 GB SSD.

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Warning: Prolonged customer exposure to flights simulations may cause tourette syndrome.

Last edited by Wags; 04-23-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:04 AM   #2
Headspace
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 30
Headspace is a name known to allHeadspace is a name known to allHeadspace is a name known to allHeadspace is a name known to allHeadspace is a name known to allHeadspace is a name known to allHeadspace is a name known to allHeadspace is a name known to allHeadspace is a name known to allHeadspace is a name known to allHeadspace is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to Headspace

I am absolutely shocked and saddened by this.

RIP Jim.

My DCS How-To Videos TARS
Headspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:16 AM   #3
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 85
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

RIP
ASUS P8P67Pro B3, i7-2600K@4.4GHz, Noctua U9 Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, 250GB & 500GB Samsung, 2TB WD Caviar Black, ASUS GTX780 3GB, Creative XFi PCI, Corsair AX850 Pro, Samsung 40H6350 TV, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, Cougar MFDs, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel (P-51), Helios, and a really nice chair!
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:16 AM   #4
Yurgon

Reputation power: 28
Yurgon is a name known to allYurgon is a name known to allYurgon is a name known to allYurgon is a name known to allYurgon is a name known to allYurgon is a name known to allYurgon is a name known to allYurgon is a name known to allYurgon is a name known to allYurgon is a name known to allYurgon is a name known to all

RIP
Yurgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:17 AM   #5
GGTharos
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 285
GGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant future

RIP

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:19 AM   #6
EvilBivol-1
Belsimtek/TFC Associate

Reputation power: n/a
Send a message via MSN to EvilBivol-1

Spending time with Jim was always a joy and one of the things I looked forward to most when attending a business trip. Our dinner conversations always left an impression on me that I shared with friends and family, because they made feel a part of something special. He was warm and genuine, his stories were fascinating. It is truly a pleasure and an honor to have been his friend and colleague.

We will miss you, Jim.

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.
The Parable of Jane's A-10
Forum Rules
EvilBivol-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:23 AM   #7
Weta43
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 60
Weta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to behold

I'm sad to hear this...

If any of his family should come here - my commiserations and best wishes, and thank you for the time he put into this community.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:24 AM   #8
EtherealN
Coffee boy

Reputation power: 247
EtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant futureEtherealN has a brilliant future

Rest in peace Jim. My summer plans just got a lot less interesting when you're not in them.

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер
Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog
DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules | Hell Yeah! | Norse Religious Education
EtherealN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:32 AM   #9
Wichid

Reputation power: 14
Wichid is just really niceWichid is just really niceWichid is just really niceWichid is just really niceWichid is just really niceWichid is just really niceWichid is just really niceWichid is just really niceWichid is just really nice

That is terribly sad news. Rest in peace Jim.

[OCB]Lyndiman

Find me here: Lyndiman.com | Youtube

Intel i7 4770K / Asus Sabertooth Z87 / GTX 680 4GB / 16G Ram / Win8.1 x64 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Saitek Combat Pedals
Wichid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:51 AM   #10
Pyroflash

Reputation power: 30
Pyroflash is a name known to allPyroflash is a name known to allPyroflash is a name known to allPyroflash is a name known to allPyroflash is a name known to allPyroflash is a name known to allPyroflash is a name known to allPyroflash is a name known to allPyroflash is a name known to allPyroflash is a name known to allPyroflash is a name known to all

RIP, and thank you for creating this community that we cherish.

"Blinded by the Shrike.."
-------------
ASUS Rampage III Formula, Intel I7-4820K @3.9 GHz, EVGA GTX 680, GSkill Ripjaws Z (4x4GB) 1866 MHz DDR3, Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W, Cooler Master Storm Stryker.

FCS: HOTAS Warthog, Combat Rudder Pedals, My TrackClip Pro is broken

Pyroflash is offline   Reply With Quote