Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
Quirkitized

Reputation power: 18
Quirkitized is just really niceQuirkitized is just really niceQuirkitized is just really niceQuirkitized is just really niceQuirkitized is just really niceQuirkitized is just really niceQuirkitized is just really niceQuirkitized is just really nice
Default A-10C Mini Campaign: Operation Save Badger (SP & MP)

This campaign is a decent balance between fun and realism, I am hoping some enjoy it. It's a linear story mini campaign that I hope you feel like you want to play the next mission and be engaged. I appreciate all feedback. I play tested this numerous times in single player but have not tested mp. If you play MP, please read the specific notes for MP in the briefings(only host can trigger custom radio commands). I was originally going to make a large scale campaign but decided to stop. So I wanted to release what I have, change some stuff and made it a mini-campaign.

Update 3/30/2013
Fixed mission 2 commander message overlapping at the start for single and multiplayer version. Mission 2 at end of briefing will state v1.1

DOWNLOAD LINK (38MB)
It is now on the DCS website. Includes the campaign for single player and missions for multiplayer.
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/338653/

Info:
  • Single player or Three player MP COOP.(Two clients is ideal, but added third slot)
  • Difficulty: Easy-Medium You can really only fail if you crash or get shot down. Utilize your wingmen and their ammo! Also make sure you know how to enter UTM Grid and coordinates.
  • Voices: Yes, for jtac badger. Tried to improve voice acting depending on situation, calm or intense. Also tried using a program for text to speech for commander, I think it worked well
  • Missions: Just four missions
  • Start Type: Ramp start.
  • Flight times,distance: 70-100~ miles. Remember you can ctrl+z to speed up time then shift+z to normal time (in single player) if this is too long for you, but you might miss messages
  • Targets: Not too many, no mass targets, designed for small payload
  • Wingman: You'll have two wingmen for each mission. You can complete the missions with just one but added a third, just in case.
  • Weather: Spring time, early morning, daytime & nightime missions, clouds, rain in a couple missions, wind varies from 2~-7m/s
  • Payload, Wepaons: All mission loadouts are the same. GBU-12*2, GBU-38*2, Mk151 Rockets*2, TGP, ECM
  • Jtacs: Yes, each mission uses custom jtac, radio - f10 other.

-----
Story
-----

This is a four mission, mini-campaign.

You and your wingmen are on a routine mission to destroy a inactive enemy SAM system with JTAC Badgers assistance. However, Badger soon finds themselves in need of Close Air Support.

You will need to know how to manually enter UTM Grid and Coordinates into your CDU. (e.g. Grid 38T, coords LP158650)

-----------
DCS INSTALL
-----------

Simply extract the "Mods" folder into your DCS Folder.

------------
HOW TO PLAY?
------------

Singleplayer Campaign:
DCS World > Main Menu > Campaign > A-10C > Operation Save Badger

Multiplayer COOP:
When you start a server, in the drop down menu, select A-10C > Multiplayer > choose mission # you want to play.(e.g. Badger-A10C-MP-1 or MP-2, etc)

-----------------------
Play individual mission?
-----------------------

If you already beat the campaign or just want to play an individual mission, then:
Main Menu > Mission > select A-10C at top > click top folder > Campaign > select Badger mission # you wish to play.

Playing a previous version?
Install like normal, just simply drop the mods folder into your DCS folder and continue your campaign. It will automatically update the campaign missions to the current version.

-------------
UTM CDU Input
-------------

This is just for those that do not know how to do it. Quick 1 minute video. Make sure you put your Grid in first, THEN your coordinates. Reason for this is, you start off in grid 37T but targets are in 38T. So you want to get the coordinates correct for the right grid.

PC: AMD 290X. i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz. 8GB DDR3 2000
Toys: TrackIR 5, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Hotas Warthog, Fiance...

Last edited by Quirkitized; 04-05-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Quirkitized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Quirkitized

Quirkitized is just really niceQuirkitized is just really niceQuirkitized is just really niceQuirkitized is just really niceQuirkitized is just really niceQuirkitized is just really niceQuirkitized is just really niceQuirkitized is just really nice

reserved

Old 03-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
sotosev

Reputation power: 8
sotosev is on a distinguished roadsotosev is on a distinguished road

Just started playing first mission of your new Campaign.

Didn't finish it because as I was running for the APC's on the main road I unfortunately hit by their guns and hit on the ground.

OUaou good voice over. Badger people really stress me by their talks and finding those APS's trying to kill them finally kill me!

Next time I hope I ll manage to finish this mission

I start to think that you are really talent person. Very nice try Quirk!!! really
PSU - Corsair AX750watt
Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO
CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz
Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus
Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15
Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G
SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III
Monitor - Samsung B2430 24" 1920x1080 60Hz
OS - Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

sotosev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #4
Quirkitized

Glad you enjoyed the short bit you tried so far, hope you enjoy the rest!

Old 03-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
zerver

Reputation power: 5
zerver will become famous soon enoughzerver will become famous soon enoughzerver will become famous soon enoughzerver will become famous soon enough

I completed your campaign today, and I really enjoyed it. Good job, Operation Jackal was great too.

There was one “bug”:
Right when you start mission 2, there is a audio briefing, but it seems like two different audio files are played at once, so it’s barely understandable. I started it for the second time, and that bug happened again.
zerver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
Quirkitized

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerver View Post
I completed your campaign today, and I really enjoyed it. Good job, Operation Jackal was great too.

There was one “bug”:
Right when you start mission 2, there is a audio briefing, but it seems like two different audio files are played at once, so it’s barely understandable. I started it for the second time, and that bug happened again.
I am glad you enjoyed it and thank you for reporting the bug, a big "doh" moment....

It's fixed now. New download link is up.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
Fearless

Reputation power: 8
Fearless is on a distinguished roadFearless is on a distinguished road

Quirkitized, Great campaign.. I was wondering if this campaign could be made for use with DCS: CA. I tried but could not change the mission files to allow access to Ground Vehicles.

DCS: BS 2, DCS: A10C, DCS: CA, DCS-P51-D, DCS: UH-1H
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:47 AM   #8
Bexx0r

Reputation power: 4
Bexx0r is on a distinguished road

Uuuuuh, Quirk did it again

Can't wait to check it out

Many Thanks in Advance!!

Cheers!
Bexx0r
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe --- Win8.1 Pro 64Bit ---i7-2600K @ 3,4GHz --- 12GB RAM --- NVidia GFX670 --- TM HOTAS WARTHOG --- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals --- PS3 Eye Cam (modified) --- 3-point Track Clip --- FacetrackNoIR 1.72
Bexx0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
DCS_Thor

Reputation power: 0
DCS_Thor is on a distinguished road

Played the first two mp missions with a mate today and it was really fun!
We liked the voice overs very much.
Thanks for sharing it!

We didn´t observed any bugs, everything was running smoothly (exept that damn manpad in mission 1 that gave me a bad day )
DCS_Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
Quirkitized

Cheers guys. Seems bugs are minimal, so I will release it soon then on the DCS website.