MK-82 CCRP Bombing

metro97

I f You release them in ripple mode, aim for the center of the coloumn or target group. The bombs will be released equally before and after the aim point.

Fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

oh yes, you should!!!! A/P and trimming to get PBIL on ASL and boom. Bullseye!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Is there any wind blowing and if yes, did you enter the wind data into the CDU for calculating corrections?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Is there any wind blowing and if yes, did you enter the wind data into the CDU for calculating corrections?

AH! I was wondering why you would need to enter those seven wind speeds in cdu, makes sense now

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Call Sign: Pork Chop.

intel I5 4670K @ 3.4GHz - GALAXY GTX 670 2GB @ 1080P - 16GB ( 2X8 ) Corsair DDR3 1600MHz - ASUS VG248QE 1080p

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO Mother Board - Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB(game/boot) - WD 640GB HDD 6.0GB/s - 750w Corsair Power Supply

:yes:Trackir 5 w/ Tclip Pro - :joystick:TM HOTAS Warthog - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G700s Mouse (edit:May19/14) http://wiki.benargee.com/

I would highly discourage using auto-pilot when CCRP bombing, or when employing any other weapon in any other mode for that matter. It is careless, potentially dangerous, and is simply not necessary or even desirable for accurate weapons employment.

There is no substitude for good airmanship and pilot awareness and any attempt to circumvent these things is hurting you in the long run.

No AP !!

When using the TGP or HUD to set SPI, turn on the laser for a few sec to get more accurate slant range to target, this also helps on bombing accuracy.

Also keep the aircraft level and stable and don't use rudder to correct lateral error relative to the ASL.

Fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Wind correction is nod modeled (yet), so no need to fill it in :noexpression:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1617633&postcount=91

From the link:

That said, there really isn't any need to use it in 90% of cases as the automatic wind correction performed by the IFFCC does the job.

What about the other 10%?

Also, i was dealing with the same problem on a certain mission (before that i used my own self-created training missions with no wind) when all of my bombs dropped beside the target. Reading here in the forum, i found that i needed wind data entered in the CDU to correct for the error. Took a deeper look at the briefing and found the wind data. Then i searched on how to enter that data and after that, my bombs hit the target, as it did for others (there are various topics on the subject, even with screenshots).

So what is it then, does it work, yes or no and if no, what's with the 10% Eddie's talking about?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

From the link:

So what is it then, does it work, yes or no and if no, what's with the 10% Eddie's talking about?

Theres a huge thread about that topic already: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1617633#post1617633

I never got decent accuracy with dumb bombs and CCRP. It might help flying lower but since the bombs are released from leveled flight the pattern is just to big. When using CCIP one can get way better results from much higher altitudes.

What about the other 10%?

The 10% would be cases where different wind layers have greatly varying speed and/or direction. The IFFCC calculates the bomb path based on local wind which is estimated based on aerodata and GPS. It assumes a certain wind profile below the aircraft.

The CDU wind layer is NOT used for ballistic computations and I don't think it'd be used a lot IRL as you'd have to have very good meteo to make a better estimate of the actual wind profile above the target than the standard model, which does account for wind shear and rotation in the planetary boundary layer.

Also, there are hardly valid cases for using CCRP delivery with dumb munitions.

Edited by PhoenixBvo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Oh god, not this again! :doh:

First off, CCRP bombing ≠ level bombing. CCRP is an aiming method not a weapon delivery method, and you can use CCRP in any situation where you can use CCIP.

A level low, or medium altitude toss delivery (medium alt especially) is the least accurate way of delivering unguided munitions that there is. Guided munitions such as the Paveway and JDAM series were created specifically because level/high altitude bombing is inaccurate, if you want to be flying high,level AND you want to hit a point target, use a PGM. If you can't use a PGM, then don't expect to hit a point target by delivering unguided bombs from a level MAT.

Ignoring the fact that is doesn't do a damn thing in DCS. The wind correction page in the CDU is there because it was there in the days before the IFFCC and automatic wind correction. In the real world, or in the sim with realistic winds, when performing a realistic delivery you do NOT need to enter ANY wind data manually. The IFFCC will correct for the wind conditions, just like it corrects your flight path marker for the wind.

A Low Altitude Toss/Medium Altitude Toss delivery can be made anywhere between 60 degrees of dive (although more than 45 is almost never used IRL) and 45 degress of climb, and even with one dive angle to aquire the target and another at the actual point of release.

Lange_666,

The other 10% refer to situtations where you're flying in downright crazy wind conditions, and really 10% was too high a number, it's more like 1%. And in such situations you should be using PGMs or a dive delivery anyway. As I've said before, level, medium altitude dumb bomb deliveries just aren't done anymore IRL and for good reason.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL