Setting up Jtac

elite1

Hi, In the mission editor how do you assign a plane or a ground item as a Jtac so that you can communicate with it.I understand that they both need to be on the same radio frequencies. I have enemy infantry tanks on the battlefield which is in the line of sight of my apc's. Under the battlefield commander icon I have ticked my side as having a jtac but on flying the mission when I press the mic switch there is no jtac menu, what am I doing wrong, I have had it set up once and working but for the life of me cannot get it working again. I have watched a video on inputting cordinates into the cdu which I understand and on his map he has a green cross marking his item as a jtac controller any help would be much appreciated.

Lol

The wiki just tells:

"

Mission Editor: JTAC (Joint Terminal Attack Controller

There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, or search the related logs."

Wothan

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I guess ENO was at a loss for words! :lol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

In the GUI Manual you can find details for the mission editor.

The manual is not linked in the StartMenu, but you can find it under: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Doc

have a look around page 174 ff.

Basically:

• place a ground unit (armed)
  • make it invisible (to prevent AI from engaging the "hidden" JTAC)
  • set the frequency to communicate
  • create an enroute task (FAC or FAC engage group)
  • define weapons, data link etc.

Edit: Also consider setting ROE to HOLD FIRE (unfair if AI can't see the JTAC, but the JTAC kills tanks big time)

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

In the GUI Manual you can find details for the mission editor.

The manual is not linked in the StartMenu, but you can find it under: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Doc

have a look around page 174 ff.

Wow, I haven't looked at that manual in a long time I guess. I did not know that was in there.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Lol

The wiki just tells:

"

Mission Editor: JTAC (Joint Terminal Attack Controller

There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, or search the related logs."

Wothan

The server just messed up the URL - http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Mission_Editor:_JTAC_(Joint_Terminal_Attack_Controller)

That should work! ;)