The mighty p51d / DCS World FDM...

In the attached track I do it all wrong, following almost none of the correct procedures for a simple circuit under crosswind and max turbulence settings. (11 m/s from North (in DCS to 180, because DCS uses the leeward direction) and turb. factor 60, as you can confirm by editing the Mission)

I do not even use rudder trim before takeoff...

Watch the track, fly it better (not difficult, provided you adhere to the correct procedures :-) ) and be amazed at the superb flight and even weather physics in DCS World!

Until recently I was unable to experience turbulence in DCS World. Someone pointed out that it is only available up to around 1000', but this is allways QNH (?), and not AGL, so, when starting from higher airfields I was unable to feel any turbulence effects. Taking off from Batumi, almost sea level - I was finally able to get it working...

BTW: ED should probably fix this - the 1000' should be QFE rather than QNH...

I LOVE THIS SIM!!!!

P.S.: Before anyone starts commenting on the completely messed up "aerobatics", no it's not a failed hammerhead before going final, it's rather a completely stupid (on purpose) maneuver, even worse by being done in that particular situation, but I really wanted to show that, even flown the wrong way, under adverse weather conditions, the p51d is controllable provided you anticipate the effects of each situation and input the right amount of compensating controls...

windy.trk

Edited by jcomm

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...