HMS targeting

TeeJay82

i use the HMS center mod, and i havent had any MP problems what so ever.

though it would be really nice to have the option in the game instead of modifying files

Those mods only edit a config file. You can do it yourself if you'd like. (i'm to lazy to search for the original thread, but this is someone elses find, please credit them)

...\Program Files\eagle dynamics\dcs world\mods\aircrafts\ka-50\cockpit\scripts\config.lua

change

v_angle_shift 	   = math.rad(11) -- displacement for padlock and helmet

to

v_angle_shift 	   = 0

(i do v_angle_shift = 0--math.rad(11) -- displacement for padlock and helmet so i can revert back if needed)

• Like 2

I hope they fix this in an upcoming patch. It's really annoying when you're fully zoomed and can't target something as easily as you could be.

theyd need to fix the mouse skipping pixels like mad 1st, and it only happens for the mouse axis, really weird

no compatability issues if you edit the cfg in this case. go ahead.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• 1 year later...
Changing it yoursellf is really easy wich is why i don't understand why ED hasn't fixed it themselves... who ever thought it would be a good idea to have ti slightly above center anyway

I like it with track IR (though i did edit the number a bit), in the center all the time, i need to keep looking up way too much.

I like it with track IR (though i did edit the number a bit), in the center all the time, i need to keep looking up way too much.

What number did you edit it to be ?

I edited as suggested earlier in this thread but it hasn't really made any noticeable difference for me. The more I zoom in (lean forward), the more it disappears.

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 2 weeks later...

No, I don't think it's the reason Darth.

Because -in my opinion- this mod (just changing the value to zero) can not cause a crash. There must be an other reason.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the off-set is purpose with a logic that it wouldn't be so easy to get accurate lock just via looking as in reality it ain't possible.

The idea is just to guide SHKVAL gate to around the target and then slave it to target, or use HMS to gunning in close engagements. You don't have a zoom with HMS so it is unrealistic.

I have used modified config to set it center but as well removed it since TrackIR as it has no use or benefits with it.

For those who use mouse to view and zoom I understand its center position change.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Honestly, that's precisely how I use it with it centered. I can't aim my trackir anywhere near accurately enough, even fully zoomed in, to actually lock a tank. Instead I use it to get near it then slew the camera onto the target with a hat switch. It still helps to center it though. I don't know about your eyes, but mine are a hell of a lot better than a 22" screen running 1920x1080. It's also not scaled 1 to 1 either. For more or less life size, I have to be at least halfway zoomed in. Can't even see the HMS at that zoom level, it's completely off the screen by default.