A-10C battery

Vinny002

I'd wondered about the A-10C fuel, so I let the jet run all night. Next morning, ~10 hours later, the engines were off and the fuel guages showed zero.

Just for fun I flipped on the APU and was surprised that it started, but ran for only 10-20 seconds -- and commented on it. The answer came back as 'fuel in the lines to the APU' :-)

I suggest to test -- flip on the Battery. Run the engines dry.

Test if the battery is dead with the external wing tip lights. If the lights are left on the battery should drain within 48 hours, IMHO.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

As far as i know the electrics in the A-10C aren't modled in such a detail that you can drain the battery, but I'm not sure.

But i know that the elctrics on the Huey are modeled to an insane level of detail. In the Huey it is possible to drain the battery and even recharge it. You can easily check that, because the Huey has the required gauges to monitor the voltages on the different electric buses. This is especially important if you operate the Huey in very cold weather (~-10°C), because the battery depletes faster then. That means you can only start the engine one or two times in a row until the battery is depleted. You then need to ask for ground gower to get it running.

I also know that it is possible to drain the battery on the FW-190D but i think it's not possible to recharge it. It misses the voltage gauges like the Huey has to properly monitor the battery. Same thing with the A-10C.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

As far as i know the electrics in the A-10C aren't modled in such a detail that you can drain the battery, but I'm not sure.

But i know that the elctrics on the Huey are modeled to an insane level of detail. In the Huey it is possible to drain the battery and even recharge it. You can easily check that, because the Huey has the required gauges to monitor the voltages on the different electric buses. This is especially important if you operate the Huey in very cold weather (~-10°C), because the battery depletes faster then. That means you can only start the engine one or two times in a row until the battery is depleted. You then need to ask for ground gower to get it running.

I also know that it is possible to drain the battery on the FW-190D but i think it's not possible to recharge it. It misses the voltage gauges like the Huey has to properly monitor the battery. Same thing with the A-10C.

Really?

I've flown with the huey for almost one hour, generators off, just battery on and inverter on, no battery drain at all.

I have to admit that the test was performed some DCS world iterations ago, so the electrical system might have been enhanced in the meantime, but I don't think so. Have a look at: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113229

P-51D and FW-190D have their electrical system properly modelled, though.

Regards!

Really?

I've flown with the huey for almost one hour, generators off, just battery on and inverter on, no battery drain at all.

I have to admit that the test was performed some DCS world iterations ago, so the electrical system might have been enhanced in the meantime, but I don't think so. Have a look at: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113229

P-51D and FW-190D have their electrical system properly modelled, though.

Regards!

That thread is outdated. Look at this one: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2018105

While flying the huey doesn't really use a lot of electricity. There are some fuel pumps, lights and instruments. That's all.

Try starting the engine a few times. That uses lots of power.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]