Few bugs with the 1.2.10 patch

Engine sound inside cockpit missing now. Thought it was a feature but apparently not according to what I've been reading here.

Cockpit illumination switches rotate past their stops now. If you use the mouse wheel to rotate the instrument illumination knobs, they will go past the stop points and rotate completely around. Wasn't doing this before.

If you try to change the volume on the VHF AM radio, the sound cuts out completely. I rotated it back to the initial setting and got the sound back but this is a really bad bug and absolutely needs fixing.

If you rotate the volume knob on the RWR past a certain point the volume drops out completely. I rotated it back a little bit and got the sound back again.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tested in SP and noticed the growl in the engine was less but it really sounded better to me. TAD and TGP normal. I will test in MP mission next.

Update:

Everything seems OK in MP as well. Funny how some have problems and others don't. On second thought, funny was probably a poor choice of words.

Edited by Blooze

I also notice that my HUD data is enlarged, it is not all fitting inside of the hud, I have to bob my head around to see the info, cant see heading tape for example unless I lift my head up

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Engine sound inside cockpit missing now. Thought it was a feature but apparently not according to what I've been reading here.

Cockpit illumination switches rotate past their stops now. If you use the mouse wheel to rotate the instrument illumination knobs, they will go past the stop points and rotate completely around. Wasn't doing this before.

If you try to change the volume on the VHF AM radio, the sound cuts out completely. I rotated it back to the initial setting and got the sound back but this is a really bad bug and absolutely needs fixing.

If you rotate the volume knob on the RWR past a certain point the volume drops out completely. I rotated it back a little bit and got the sound back again.

this thread covers the engine sound topic

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128177

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

this thread covers the engine sound topic

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128177

Yeah, I had read that before but I decided to not post anything there because it's really not pertinent IMO. It's pretty well known that the sound inside the cockpit is muffled out by headphones and helmet gear. I just liked the way it sounded before and I wasn't sure if they intended to nix it completely. IMO, I don't think they intended to do that but who knows.:music_whistling:

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When will the radio preset selector rotary key bindings be fixed? Bug was identified ages ago.

I have the same question :music_whistling:

My TM Warthog DIY extension tutorial

C2Duo E8600 @ 4.4Ghz. | Asus Rampage Formula X48 | MSI GTX 560Ti OC |

8Gb.Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 1103Mhz. | Crucial M4 128Gb. SSD | 850W. PSU |

HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pedals | TIR 5 | Helios | 24" Monitor/22" Touchscreen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dont know if this came with the latest patch but is the smoke increased for the Gau-8? When firing now the whole HUD fills up with smoke so it is impossible to see what I am aiming for. Anyone else with similiar problems?

ASUS Z370, i7 8086K @ 5,2 Ghz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080, 16GB Ram, TM HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek combat rudders, 25" 1440p monitor, Oculus Rift

I'm getting this, and on the Ka-50 too. Mouse wheel also seems overly sensitive on the lighting knobs in the Shark, spinning between on and off.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Dont know if this came with the latest patch but is the smoke increased for the Gau-8? When firing now the whole HUD fills up with smoke so it is impossible to see what I am aiming for. Anyone else with similiar problems?

Hi,

as mentioned here http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2147779&postcount=20

I got no problems with gun smoke.

Maybe it's related to type of grapics card?

Cheers

Andreas

• 2 weeks later...

Also noticed the both Stall warning volume knobs rotate all round with no stops, and the volume seems unaffected by whatever setting of the knobs.

In another case, making requests to ATC such as engine start and takeoff didn't hear back any response from ATC. Was there supposed to be a response, or it's the volume knob issue?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not able to fly the A-10. I select A-10C and "player" for skill. When the sim starts, I get an AI-controlled external view of the jet. Selecting JTAC view on the F-10 map doesnt work, and "Take control" on the escape menu is not an option. Im reverting back to 1.2.8.

I'm not able to fly the A-10. I select A-10C and "player" for skill. When the sim starts, I get an AI-controlled external view of the jet. Selecting JTAC view on the F-10 map doesnt work, and "Take control" on the escape menu is not an option. Im reverting back to 1.2.8.

Are your modules correctly activated? If something went wrong there then reverting to an older version will probably not help either ...

And did it help? If not maybe you can try reverting back to windows XP too...

:lol:

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

I didn't expect a valid solution to surface. It's not a new issue as others on the bug specific page have noted having the same problem with earlier updates.

edit: The problem lies with the DCS updater (for some) and not any specific update. If you cannot fly aircraft after updating, read here as this was the fix for me:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2167401&postcount=7

Edited by Mike5560

Latest upgrade 1.2.10.30996 flying the A10-C has caused random crashes and siezures but these I can live with as presumably progression is made towards EDGE however, external views F2 and F10 at randon times are unobtainable or the reverse, you get the view but then cannot leave it - A real pain as DCS has to be forced to close and end of flight plan....

Issues are random in timing but repeatable, you just do not know when! ? :)

i7-4710MQ

8GB

NVIDEA GFX765M

W8.1

When will the radio preset selector rotary key bindings be fixed? Bug was identified ages ago.

I have the same question :music_whistling:

I have the same question too :music_whistling::music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]- I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7