DCS: A10C + GoFlight/Device query

generalcuz

Hey all,

I did a bit of searching, but couldn't find a concrete answer, so was hoping some of you may be able to help me.

I'm looking for some info on GoFlight modules, and how they work with DCS: A10C (and also BS2).

I'm looking to get two GoFlight T8-1, which consists of 8 toggle switches each. Does anyone use these with DCS? If so, how well do they work?

I'm also interested to know if there is a maximum as to how many USB devices can be used for DCS.

Regards,

Adam

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 8700K, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX1080ti, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD Pack, 2x Lilliput 8" USB Monitors, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, CV1.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I have a feeling that, since the GF modules use their own software to talk to the sim, the answer is going to be no for DCS unless GF implements it. If they worked differently, then they could interface with LINDA as well, which apparently is on the wishlist over there.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Why are GF-modules so buggy with our SOI (Software of Interest)?

If you can find a LINDA version that powerful to coordinate those two languages than you win the respect of all your generation!

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

cant you just use GF-keys and map keystrokes to your modules?

That's exactly what I need to find out:D

There seems to be one or two people on the goflight support forums saying they use them, but that info is pretty old, so may have changed.

The x-55 Rhino looks great, but I don't know if it is worth it, upgrading from an x-52 pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 8700K, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX1080ti, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD Pack, 2x Lilliput 8" USB Monitors, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, CV1.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings...

Can anyone tell me if DCS works with a RP48, a T8 and the LGT-II? It's a bit of an investment to find out it doesn't work and have to return them and get a refund.

Thanks!

New Rig: Win 7 Home, EVGA x99 Classified, i7-5820K, ZOTAC GTX 980 Amp! Omega, 16GB 2600MHz Corsair Quad Channel RAM, Sandisk Extreme Pro 490 GB SSD, EVGA Supernova 850 G2 PS : Hotas Cougar, CH Fighter Stick, Pro Pedals, Cougar MFD's, CH Throttle Quadrant

Greetings...

Can anyone tell me if DCS works with a RP48, a T8 and the LGT-II? It's a bit of an investment to find out it doesn't work and have to return them and get a refund.

Thanks!

hi mate,

short answer, yes, it will "work".

but a few things to consider:

- asaik, GF stuff is not supported within DCSW, so you'll have to use their soft GF-KEYS and map keystrokes to the devices; meaning that the landing gear LEDs wont work, and the RP48 rotaries won't feel like in a real aircraft (i.e. they could suffer some delays, when used for e.g. the heading bug)

- that being said, unless you're planning to build a generic pit that you will use with FS9/X or Xplane and occasionally with DCSW, GF is a very expensive solution considering what you get. you can easily build panels using pushbuttons, toggle switches as well as rotary encoders for about half the price using f.i. leo bodnars controllers. just look up on youtube, plenty of tutorials there ...

hope that helps for your decision making.

cheers,

HiLok

Edited by HILOK

Thanks HILOK! It did help my decision and I'll go the Leo Bodner route. Been hearing about his controllers for a long time. Now's the time to do it.

New Rig: Win 7 Home, EVGA x99 Classified, i7-5820K, ZOTAC GTX 980 Amp! Omega, 16GB 2600MHz Corsair Quad Channel RAM, Sandisk Extreme Pro 490 GB SSD, EVGA Supernova 850 G2 PS : Hotas Cougar, CH Fighter Stick, Pro Pedals, Cougar MFD's, CH Throttle Quadrant