Can't get X52 Pro Profile to work, what am I doing wrong?

I have been trying to get either of these two profiles to work for some time now (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84362 and http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=58484) but they just don't seem to work in game. I'm going to give a rundown on everything I do to install them so that someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Here goes;

Download profile

Extract to desktop

Place .lua in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Config\Input\Aircrafts\A-10C\joystick

Place .pr0 in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Saitek SD6 Profiles

Right Click the Saitek X52 Pro Flight Control System icon on the bottom right of the taskbar

Select the profile with a left click

Open up DCS: A-10C

Options

Controls

Select one of the boxes in the X52 Column

Clear Category

Load Profile

Select the .lua

Click OK

Load up a quick mission

Profile doesn't work

I'm really desperate for help, I've been trying to work this out for a while now and it's really ruining the game for me and making it a lot harder to learn things. Help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First to Fight, First to Strike.

Do not know how to help you with that but maybe try to make your own profile. I use STT for profile and then clear X-52 line in game. STT simulate keyboard press just left axis in the game. Hope that help at all.

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

Options

Controls

Select one of the boxes in the X52 Column

When you are at this screen. There is a pulldown in the upper left with choices for something like Sim Mode, Game Mode, Free Camera.

Are you setting that pulldown to Sim mode before doing anything else? If I remember correctly, recent versions have that screen coming up defaulted to free camera mode.

If you modify one mode and play another then you don't get your profile. Modifying the 'free camera' mode gets you nothing useful at all.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Jasky,

I use the older X52 system and for the most part do not have any issues with the controllers. When I set up my system, I copied a .pr0 file from another forum post and merely placed it in the directory you mention above. I pick this profile from the Saitek profiler menu also just like you state above and ensure that the profile name displays on the throttle LCD display. The one difference is that I have not made any changes to a .lua file at all. DCS recognizes the joystick and throttle as being available and includes them as an input column in the controls option section of the sim options area. I did have to map the "Throttle Both" command to the correct axis in the sim in order for the sim to recognize the throttle. Other than that no other changes were necessary. The saitek profiler merely assigns the appropriate keyboard command to the stick functions and the sim believes that a keyboard command was made.

I would reset any .lua changes back to default and give it another try.

Hope this helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Wannabe"

Do not know how to help you with that but maybe try to make your own profile. I use STT for profile and then clear X-52 line in game. STT simulate keyboard press just left axis in the game. Hope that help at all.

It's looking like I will have to just make my own profile. It seems quite tedious and long so it would be a last resort.

When you are at this screen. There is a pulldown in the upper left with choices for something like Sim Mode, Game Mode, Free Camera.

Are you setting that pulldown to Sim mode before doing anything else? If I remember correctly, recent versions have that screen coming up defaulted to free camera mode.

If you modify one mode and play another then you don't get your profile. Modifying the 'free camera' mode gets you nothing useful at all.

I've loaded the profile into the X52 section of the A-10C Sim bit of the Aircraft drop down box.

It looks fine in there, like it has loaded, but won't work when I'm in the cockpit. For example, it says "Landing Gear Up - Joy Button 9" in the settings, then once I'm in a mission and I hit joy button 9 the landing gear doesn't go up.

Jasky,

I use the older X52 system and for the most part do not have any issues with the controllers. When I set up my system, I copied a .pr0 file from another forum post and merely placed it in the directory you mention above. I pick this profile from the Saitek profiler menu also just like you state above and ensure that the profile name displays on the throttle LCD display. The one difference is that I have not made any changes to a .lua file at all. DCS recognizes the joystick and throttle as being available and includes them as an input column in the controls option section of the sim options area. I did have to map the "Throttle Both" command to the correct axis in the sim in order for the sim to recognize the throttle. Other than that no other changes were necessary. The saitek profiler merely assigns the appropriate keyboard command to the stick functions and the sim believes that a keyboard command was made.

I would reset any .lua changes back to default and give it another try.

Hope this helps.

Just tried clearing the the X52 column in settings and loading the profile via the X52 software, the profile name shows up on the MFD screen on the throttle but it doesn't work how it should in game.

I'd like to add all the axis work fine, as does the trigger, the weapons release button, the pinkie switch for nose wheel steering and the B button even cycles through guns, CCIP etc on the HUD. Thing is I'm not sure why they work, even when I have no profiles loaded and no buttons mapped they still work. Really starting to annoy the hell out of me. :mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd like to add all the axis work fine, as does the trigger, the weapons release button, the pinkie switch for nose wheel steering and the B button even cycles through guns, CCIP etc on the HUD. Thing is I'm not sure why they work, even when I have no profiles loaded and no buttons mapped they still work. Really starting to annoy the hell out of me. :mad:

OK. I think you just said something important.

Something is definately not right...yeah, you knew that. ;)

The first thing to do is delete the contents of this folder.

C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config

Then restart the sim and try loading your profile again. It will recreate the contents of that folder. I think you may be doing things correctly but you are dealing with a corrupt file somewhere.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

OK. I think you just said something important.

Something is definately not right...yeah, you knew that. ;)

The first thing to do is delete the contents of this folder.

C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config

Then restart the sim and try loading your profile again. It will recreate the contents of that folder. I think you may be doing things correctly but you are dealing with a corrupt file somewhere.

Wow, guess what? It worked! Haha. I can't thank you enough. Crazy thoughts were going through my mind, I even thought all the USB ports on my motherboard were faulty at one stage. I can finally enjoy the sim without having to memorise tedious keyboard commands. Rep inbound!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What you said was the key. I actually should have suggested that from the beginning since it is the most likely problem area in cases of 'controller weirdness'!

Glad you are up and running!:thumbup:

• 6 years later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm brand new to the forums--my first post here. Hope this helps.

I have a Saitek X-52 and it must have been one of the really good ones. It's four years old now and works flawlessly. Keep thinking maybe I should get a Warthog or something from Virpil or VKB but can't really justify it while the X-52 works with absolutely precision on all axes after over 1000 hrs of use and still going strong. But I have a lot of experience setting it up.

Do all your setup inside the DCS configuration software except for the mouse and slider. Use the Saitek (now Logitech) software to configure the mouse as a four way hat (it's pretty useless as a mouse), and configure the slider as a switch (I use mine to operate the speed brake), or use the slider as an axis to control your landing gear brakes.

Prior to opening DCS, open the X-52 hardware, select the profile (I use the same profile for all aircraft and choppers), double click the profile, then to the right of the folder icon you'll see an icon that looks like a little target. Click it. That turns on the profile. Minimize the X-52 software and you're good to go.